Vehicle Speed Sensor Circuit problem code

Old October 14th 04, 10:53 PM
jameson

Default Vehicle Speed Sensor Circuit problem code

1992 lt1 coupe, 6 speed.

saw the service engine soon light light up on the way home today...

got home, did the good ole paper clip trick... got code 24... "Vehicle
Speed Sensor Circuit"

GREAT! Now I know what was making the light come one...

then I sat back, so proud of myself... blinked my eyes a few times...
then said to myself... "Ok, so what the heck does Vehicle Speed Sensor
Circuit mean?"

Ya'll have any clue? I assume the obvious...

thanks in advance.
jazz mann
Old October 15th 04, 02:40 AM
John H

The VSS is an AC generator that produces pulses at a rate relative to the
car speed. It is used for the speedometer, cruise control, and radio volume
control (and the selective ride control, if you have it). If your speedo is
still working, the problem is intermittent, and possibly a loose connector.
John
om...

Old October 15th 04, 02:40 AM
John H

The VSS is an AC generator that produces pulses at a rate relative to the
car speed. It is used for the speedometer, cruise control, and radio volume
control (and the selective ride control, if you have it). If your speedo is
still working, the problem is intermittent, and possibly a loose connector.
John
om...

Old October 15th 04, 02:31 PM
Jazz Mann

Thanks my friends!
Speedo works just fine.
And I dont own ANY manual, not even the owners manual... only had the
vette a few weeks... trying to find time to get all these manuals.
Guess I need to get an FSM...

Speaking of electical issues, this may or may not be related...

Ya know how when you turn the key off and take it out of the starter
after having driven it, the radio stays on and the power windows still
work? Then, when you open your door, the radio and windows go off?
Well, recently, about 1 out of 3 times, the radio does NOT go off when
I open the door. I never open the door until my key is out of the
ignition. I have to shut the door, then re-open it, and sometimes THAT
doesnt stop the radio! After doing this a 3rd time, the radio normally
goes off....
Related?
Jazz Mann

Old October 15th 04, 02:31 PM
Jazz Mann

Old October 15th 04, 03:39 PM
John H

Ya know how when you turn the key off and take it out of the starter
> after having driven it, the radio stays on and the power windows still
> work? Then, when you open your door, the radio and windows go off?
> Well, recently, about 1 out of 3 times, the radio does NOT go off when
> I open the door. I never open the door until my key is out of the
> ignition. I have to shut the door, then re-open it, and sometimes THAT
> doesnt stop the radio! After doing this a 3rd time, the radio normally
> goes off....
> Related?
> Jazz Mann

Sticking door switch.

Old October 15th 04, 03:39 PM
John H

Ya know how when you turn the key off and take it out of the starter
> after having driven it, the radio stays on and the power windows still
> work? Then, when you open your door, the radio and windows go off?
> Well, recently, about 1 out of 3 times, the radio does NOT go off when
> I open the door. I never open the door until my key is out of the
> ignition. I have to shut the door, then re-open it, and sometimes THAT
> doesnt stop the radio! After doing this a 3rd time, the radio normally
> goes off....
> Related?
> Jazz Mann

Sticking door switch.

Old October 15th 04, 09:10 PM
Jazz Mann

ugh, sounds easy enough, im embarassed I didnt think of that first..
okay, punish me Dave