GTR and the Average Drivers Club

Old November 26th 04, 09:39 PM
David Fletcher

Default GTR and the Average Drivers Club

Some of you who are long-time GPL'ers may recognize the name Average
Drivers Club.

The ADC was born on the premise that racers needed a controlled,
structured environment in which to race, without the "win at all
costs" mentality that is so common in pickup races. Although the
atmosphere in the ADC is similar to a league, we have an open format;
we don't award points, nor do we keep Championship standings. You can
attend races when and where you choose, and there is no penalty for
not attending. The primary emphasis is on having fun. All ADC racers
are expected to drive in a gentlemanly, courteous manner.

The ADC always has been, and will remain, focused on GPL and it's
Mods. It is what the ADC was built around. But we recognize that GTR
is causing a bit of a stir, and offers some of the same enjoyment to
it's participants that GPL does.

For this reason, the ADC Board has decided to explore creating a GTR
Division. Initially, we are going to gear it towards European
participation, to gauge the amount of interest. The races will be held
on Thursdays at 19:30 GMT. We are hoping to kick off the first race on
December 2, 2004. All races will be in our Club atmosphere; we have
been compared to a group of friends renting a track for a day and
getting together for some good, clean racing with an emphasis on
friendship and having fun. It's worked very well for GPL, and we see
no reason we can't have the same type of enjoyment from GTR.

Bernd Nowak, our European Division Director, will oversee the
Division. If you're interested, you can contact either Bernd at
, or myself at

Thanks for your attention,

David Fletcher
President ADC