Man made Global warming is a lie!

Old March 21st 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Fuller Rath

Default Man made Global warming is a lie!

Yawn. You're one to talk about "balls."

Goodbye and good riddance.

"Ed H." > wrote in message news:BRIKh.78$8B1.63@trnddc04...
: Because you are a troll without the balls to post with your real e-mail
: address I shall let you have the last word. I regret the time I spent on
: this thread as that is time I shall never recover.
:
: "Fuller Rath" > wrote in message
: ...
: > We're still waiting for you to post some peer reviewed scientific
: > rebuttals to global warming. P.S. Reich wing talking points
: > don't count.
: >
: >
: > "Ed H." > wrote in message
: > news:BzGJh.2321$8u4.524@trnddc08...
: > : I believe he might be a plant to make the "Man-made Global Warming"
: > crowd
: > : look bad. He fills too many stereotypes for this to be a coincidence.
: > :
: > : ".boB" > wrote in message
: > : . com...
: > : > Fuller Rath wrote:
: > : >> How can one so ignorant manage to peck out a simple sentence. I guess
: > you
: > : >> really think the Earth is only 5000 years old, too.
: > : >>
: > : >>
: > : >> ".boB" > wrote in message
: > : >> . com...
: > : >> : Fuller Rath wrote:
: > : >> :
: > : >> : > I thought people as stupid as you were only the stuff of legends.
: > : >> : >
: > : >> : >
: > : >> : >
: > : >> :
: > : >> : And people like you made PT Barnum rich.
: > : >> :
: > : >>
: > : >
: > : > Are you a democrat? Or a hollywood type?
: > : >
: > : > Most likely a democrat. When the science or facts don't support
: > their
: > : > beliefs, it's time to start calling people names, and try to impinge
: > their
: > : > character.
: > : >
: > : > Thank you for your insightful viewpoints, Chicken Little.
: > : >
: > : > --
: > : > .boB
: > : > 2006 FXDI hot rod
: > : > 2001 Dodge Dakota QC 5.9/4x4/3.92
: > : > 1966 Mustang Coupe - Daily Driver
: > : > 1965 FFR Cobra - 427W EFI, Damn Fast.
: > : >
: > :
: > :
: >
: >
:
:

Old March 21st 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Fuller Rath

You have posted nothing of substance; much like your insignificant life. Bush's record speaks for itself.....

".boB" > wrote in message . com...
: Fuller Rath wrote:
: > We're still waiting for you to post some peer reviewed scientific rebuttals to global warming. P.S. Reich wing talking
points
: > don't count.
: >
:
: Is there anything anyone could say, post, or point
: out that could enlighten your position? No, of course
: not. You know everything there is to know about this
: subject, and you refuse to let new information spoil
: that position.
: I could pull out the list of sources and type them
: all in here for you. I could go to each web site and
: link it for you. Why bother? You'll either refuse to
: read them, or refuse to believe them. Use google and
: do your own research. I refuse to waste that much
: time on a troll.
: And I bet you think it's all GW's fault, too.
:
: --

Old March 21st 07, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Fuller Rath

I guess "peer reviewed" means nothing to cybernuts

"Ron Hinds" > wrote in message ...
:
: ".boB" > wrote in message
: . com...
: > Fuller Rath wrote:
: >> We're still waiting for you to post some peer reviewed scientific
: >> rebuttals to global warming. P.S. Reich wing talking points
: >> don't count.
: >>
: >
: > Is there anything anyone could say, post, or point out that could
: > enlighten your position? No, of course not. You know everything there is
: > to know about this subject, and you refuse to let new information spoil
: > that position.
: > I could pull out the list of sources and type them all in here for
: > you. I could go to each web site and link it for you. Why bother?
: > You'll either refuse to read them, or refuse to believe them. Use google
: > and do your own research. I refuse to waste that much time on a troll.
: > And I bet you think it's all GW's fault, too.
: >
: > --
: > .boB
: > 2006 FXDI hot rod
: > 2001 Dodge Dakota QC 5.9/4x4/3.92
: > 1966 Mustang Coupe - Daily Driver
: > 1965 FFR Cobra - 427W EFI, Damn Fast.
:
: Hurricanes and Global Warming: Interview with Meteorologist Dr. William Gray
: by James K. Glassman (September 12, 2005)
:
: Meteorologist Dr. William Gray may be the world's most famous hurricane
: expert. More than two decades ago, as professor of atmospheric science and
: head of the Tropical Meteorology Project at Colorado State University, he
: pioneered the science of hurricane forecasting. Each December, six months
: before the start of hurricane season, the now 75-year-old Gray and his team
: issue a long-range prediction of the number of major tropical storms that
: will arise in the Atlantic Ocean basin, as well as the number of hurricanes
: (with sustained winds of 74 miles per hour or more) and intense hurricanes
: (with winds of at least 111 mph). This year, Gray expects more activity,
: with 15 named storms, including 8 hurricanes. Four of them, he says, will be
: intense.
:
: James Glassman: Dr. Gray, in the September issue of Discover Magazine, there's
: a remarkable interview with you. You're called the world's most famous
: hurricane.
:
: Dr. William Gray: Well that - you have to talk to my critics about that. I
: don't think they would agree with you.
:
: Glassman: Well you certainly.
:
: Gray: I've been around a long time, yes. I've been around studying
: hurricanes over 50 years now, I'm an old guy. Yes.
:
: Glassman: Well, you're in the hurricane forecasting business among other
: things?
:
: Gray: Well, we're in the seasonal hurricane forecasting business, and
: monthly. We don't do the short range, you know, one to two day crucial
: forecasts. That can only be done by one group at the National Hurricane
: Center. But we certainly do a lot of forecasting for different parts of the
: globe and the hurricane from a seasonal, monthly point of view. Yes.
:
: Glassman: And from a seasonal, monthly point of view, you had been
: predicting a growing number of hurricanes. Now, my question is in the wake
: of Katrina and some of the statements that we've heard immediately
: afterwards by advocates of the global warming theory - is global warming
: behind this increase in hurricanes?
:
: Gray: I am very confident that it's not. I mean we have had global warming.
: That's not a question. The globe has warmed the last 30 years, and the last
: 10 years in particular. And we've had, at least the last 10 years, we've had
: a pick up in the Atlantic basin major storms. But in the earlier period, if
: we go back from 1970 through the middle '90s, that 25 year period - even
: though the globe was warming slightly, the number of major storms was down,
: quite a bit down.
:
: Now, another feature of this is that the Atlantic operates differently. The
: other global storm basins, the Atlantic only has about 12 percent of the
: global storms. And in the other basins, the last 10 years - even though the
: Atlantic major storm activity has gone up greatly the last 10 years. In the
: other global basins, it's slightly gone down. You know, both frequency and
: strength of storms have not changed in these other basins. If anything, they've
: slightly gone down. So if this was a global warming thing, you would think,
: "Well gee, all of the basins should be responding much the same."
:
: Glassman: You're familiar with what your colleagues believe. Do you think
: many hurricane experts would take a different point of view, and would say,
: "Oh, it's global warming that's causing hurricanes?"
:
: Gray: No. All my colleagues that have been around a long time - I think if
: you go to ask the last four or five directors of the national hurricane
: center - we all don't think this is human-induced global warming. And, the
: people that say that it is are usually those that know very little about
: hurricanes. I mean, there's almost an equation you can write the degree to
: which you believe global warming is causing major hurricanes to increase is
: inversely proportional to your knowledge about these storms.
:
: Now there's a few modelers around who know something about storms, but they
: would like to have the possibility open that global warming will make for
: more and intense storms because there's a lot of money to be made on this.
: You know, when governments step in and are saying this - particularly when
: the Clinton administration was in - and our Vice President Gore was involved
: with things there, they were pushing this a lot. You know, most of
: meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you
: want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced
: global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded.
:
: Glassman: We thank you very, very much for this interview. Thank you, Dr.
: Gray.
:
: Gray: Well thank you for asking me.
:
: I am convinced myself that in 15 or 20 years, we're going to look back on
: this and see how grossly exaggerated it all was. The humans are not that
: powerful. These greenhouse gases, although they are building up, they cannot
: cause the type of warming these models say - two to five degrees centigrade
: with a doubling of the greenhouse gases.
:
: Glassman: Well thank you very much for giving us your time.
:
: First appeared in Tech Central Station.
:
: http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=4403
:
:
:
:

Old March 21st 07, 05:36 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Ron Hinds

"Fuller Rath" > wrote in message
>I guess "peer reviewed" means nothing to cybernuts

Apparently not, since you haven't posted anything to support your point of
view.

Old March 21st 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
z[_1_]

On Mar 12, 8:01 pm, "Ed H." > wrote:

> If the Earth were 5,000 years old then a change of a few tenths of a degree
> in the last 100+ years might be a concern. An Earth thats 4.5 billions
> years old and has been a lot warmer and cooler in the past doesn't scare me
> by that change.

This being rec.autos.4x4, perhaps the following analogy might help;
since my vehicle has accelerated to highway speeds and decelerated to
a stand-still many many many times in the past, I see no reason to get
all worked up over the possibility of anything different about it
decelerating from highway speed to zero very quickly when I run it
into a bridge abutment.

Old March 22nd 07, 05:57 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Ed H.

> Well, I say the same thing I say to the kids with their math homework;
> don't just show me the answers, I want to check your work.

I know I stated that I would walk away from this thread until I realzed that
to do so would be to allow those that believe in the idea that global
warming
(if it exists) is man mad to go unopposed. At least you can correspond in a
civil manner, unlike Fuller Rath. However, I notice that neither you nor
he, nor anyone else in this thread has provided one piece of evidence to
support the theory of " Man Made Global Warming."
Furthermore, as a math teacher, I'm sure you know it's impossible to prove a
negative (i.e.Global Warming is _not_ Man Made). Therefore, to quote you -
show me your work.

A few articles you may find interesting:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/nation...338625822.html
http://www.crichton-official.com/spe...omplexity.html
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._terred23.html
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0803093903.htm
http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/s...59a5c7f723&k=0
http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/...a/16560147.htm

I state the following not to prove I'm a good environmentalist doing my
best to stop global warming, rather to show that I may be living a more
"green" life style than many of those who believe in man-made global
warming.

Do I replace the regular incandecent light bulbs in my house with low
wattage bulbs? Yes. However I recently discovered that the ingredients of
low wattage bulbs are a hazardous waste and disposal without recycling will
become a real concern and I want to keep that stuff out of my ground water.

Do I recycle? Yes. They give me one container in which to place all my
recyclable materials, it's easy, reduces the amount of land fill space
required and reduces my trash collection bill.

Have I installed solar-electric panels on my roof? No. The literature says
that the pay back period may be as little as 8 years, but I use very little
electricity and I haven't run the figures, thus it may be a lot longer for
me. It's true that if I sell my house, that may be a benefit to the buyer,
but I don't plan to sell soon, so more research is needed.

Do I have sufficient insulation in my house? No and I will change that as I
refurbish my 40+ year old house. But, with three dogs to keep me warm in
the winter (I wear more clothing and only run the heater a few hours a night
during the coldest months) and cross flow ventilation to keep me cool in the
summer (and no air conditioner anyway) my electric and natural gas bills
don't change too much month to month.

Do I use an on-demand water heater? No. The little it costs me to keep the
40 gallon tank heated underneath it's blanket is worth it to me to have 40
gallons of potable water should a disaster occur which cuts my water supply.

Do I drive a fuel efficient vehicle? Yes and no. When ever possible I drive
my fuel efficient daily driver (24+ MPG). When I go camping I take the
truck which only gets 11 MPG.

Do I grow some of my own fruits and vegetables? Yes and no. I have lots of
fruit trees and within the next month or so should have a nice vegetable
garden (after 8 years its about time, but I've had to clear a lot of over
growth to find the right spot). I prefer the taste of fresh food.

Do I eat beef? You bet! They taste even better than fresh fruits and
vegetables.

Do I put my used motor oil, coolant, transmission fluid, cleaning solvents,
etc. in the ground? Absolutely not!! That will affect the enviroment that
I live in in such a way as to make that environment less desirable to me.
As a man with a concience, I won't ship my detrimental stuff to some other
poor slob's environment to absorb.

Most importantly, do I believe in man-made global warming? Absolutely not.
I do these things not because someone has scared me into, but because some
of them make economic sense (though I make plenty of money that I could
easily live an extravagant life style), I enjoy growing things, and I enjoy
living in whatever environment is naturally occuring at the time.

In conclusion, I think man can alter his local environment sufficiently to
make sustaining human life in that locale difficult, but we can't alter the
global climate.

Old March 22nd 07, 06:02 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Ed H.

If I follow your analogy... you suggest the earth will correct any temporary
imbalance quickly. I think you are basically correct.

oups.com...

Old May 18th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
JPJ

Global warming is a REALITY, the fact that it is caused by humans is
indisputable by normal, rational people

Old May 18th 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Mike Romain

JPJ wrote:
> Global warming is a REALITY, the fact that it is caused by humans is
> indisputable by normal, rational people

I wonder how we did it to Mars too then?

Mars has warmed up more since the 70's than the Earth has and it's polar
cap is melting too.

It really wouldn't have anything to do with the natural sun cycle or the
fact we are still coming out of an ice age because of that eh?

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's