Nr2k3 can one mod affect another?

Old April 24th 05, 08:08 AM
Dave Henrie

Default Nr2k3 can one mod affect another?

One of our TPTCC league members recently read that having the Ferrari 330
mod installed in the same base nr2k3 folders that other mods are in can
adversely affect<effect?> the faster mods.
I have done a tiny bit of comparison, and I don't see that behaivor.
Has anyone else seen lower performance in say, the PWF TA or TPTCC mod
after installing 330? And yes I KNOW that 330 uses a separate exe so this
really shouldn't be happening.

dave henrie

Old April 24th 05, 04:28 PM
Garth

Dave Henrie wrote:
> One of our TPTCC league members recently read that having the Ferrari 330
> mod installed in the same base nr2k3 folders that other mods are in can
> adversely affect<effect?> the faster mods.
> I have done a tiny bit of comparison, and I don't see that behaivor.
> Has anyone else seen lower performance in say, the PWF TA or TPTCC mod
> after installing 330? And yes I KNOW that 330 uses a separate exe so this
> really shouldn't be happening.

If by "lower performance" you mean framerate, then the answer is no but
it might have happened because someone is using the same player for all
the mods and changed graphics or sound options after installing the 330
mod that they forgot about when they went back and played TPTCC.

But if by "lower performance" you mean the TPTCC cars are now running
slower laptimes because they installed the 330 mod, then the answer is:
definitely not, LOL, check the first option above. Maybe they
changed graphics or sound options, the framerate is lower and they don't
realize it is effecting their laptimes. Or maybe their imagination has
just got the best of them.

In general the mods should have no effect on each other. The only
aspect of the game that must be shared between mods is the sound folder,
so this can sometimes catch people out but is not a performance issue.

-Garth
Old April 25th 05, 10:39 AM
PietD

It can have an effect on the performance of the cars, when two series are
mixed up.
When you drive the 330 mod by starting with the standard .exe, and
selecting the 330 cars, you will drive them with tptcc physics.
To have to 330 physics, you must run it via the 330 .exe

All leagues that use the 330 mod host via I.P. , but this allows to join
with a different .exe.
It should be visible when someone does that, not only will that car be
faster, it will also have 6 gears instead of 5.

Maybe this isn't clear to that guy, and makes him think the 330 cars
behave differently on and offline.