Yet another 2005 Mustang question

Old November 9th 04, 03:04 AM

Default Yet another 2005 Mustang question

I know that the discussion of 2005 Mustangs is getting very worn out & FAST,
but I have a question for you guys... how long do you think they'll keep
this body style? 94-98, 99-04, 05-??.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

Old November 9th 04, 04:15 AM
Backyard Mechanic

Dont look now, but I have a feeling that the yearly facelift, as started in
57 (Chevy in 56) is on the way back.

It wont be ALL the sheet metal, but the clue is that the rather plain, if
classic, design of the 05 lends itself to doing this.

Major changes could then be put off for 7 or 8 years.

opined in . com:

Old November 9th 04, 06:19 AM
Ken Zwyers

The salesman that I talked to this past weekend mentioned that Ford is going
to hold the production of Mustangs down for 2-3 years in order to keep
interest up longer. This might end up delaying the next facelift.

Old November 9th 04, 09:07 PM
Dan

> wrote in message
. com...
>I know that the discussion of 2005 Mustangs is getting very worn out &
>FAST,
> but I have a question for you guys... how long do you think they'll keep
> this body style? 94-98, 99-04, 05-??.

Define body style. There were several modifactions to the body between '94
and '98: wheels, scoops, valences, hoods, wings. The lines on the panels
changed in '99 making is seem more dramatic. Similarly between '79 and '93
there were lots of style changes. Maybe we call these "tweaks"?

So, next year we will probably see some tweaks around the hood, trunk deck,
scoops, etc. I'll wager in a couple years the grill and rear styling might
get altered a tad, they seem ripe for that. When will they significantly
alter the panel lines? Maybe 4 or five years out, maybe ten years out. That
will depend on sales, demographcs, and marketing.

If I had to guess, I'd say the change in '99 was driven by a market dip
combined with knowledge that the new platform design was underway but a few
years off. Somebody decided interest needed to be stirred up with a change
to the base style in order to stimulate the model line for the last few
years of its life. 1998 was a good year but the prrior two years were a
downward trend. The same thing happened in '93. But the second year after
each major change (1995, 2000) were very good sales years (relatively).
Heck, 2000 was the best year for the Mustang since 1989.

If this is true, then any major change in the '05 is probably really
dependent on the sales. Ask this question again in two years after some
sales data has been generated . I'd predict that if the sales remain high
with the current body we'd see a bunch of tweaks and no major alterations.

Dan
2003 Cobra convertible
With some stuff and things

Old November 15th 04, 04:18 AM
John Smith

As long as they want as the car is new from the frame up. This is not a
warmed over fox body from 79... The quarter glass is great for taking
care of the blind spot and the trunk is enormous. But, there is little
back seat room for your feet. That is, unless you move the front seats
up a bit. But, that is the nice thing about the Mustang. You can have
people in back when you need to unlike my vette or 350Z. Both are nice
but not having a back seat sucks. I guess I am getting old...

wrote:

> I know that the discussion of 2005 Mustangs is getting very worn out & FAST,
> but I have a question for you guys... how long do you think they'll keep
> this body style? 94-98, 99-04, 05-??.
>
> -Mike
>
> --
> A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
> Cold air intake
> FRPP 3.73 gears
> Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
> Full Boar turbo mufflers
> Hi-speed fan switch
> 255/60R-15 rear tires
> Subframe connectors

2005 Wrangler Unlimited tire/wheel question [email protected] Jeep 7 January 11th 05 09:59 PM
Where to get Official Speed Limit Info [email protected] Driving 40 January 3rd 05 08:10 AM
009 Distributor question [email protected] VW air cooled 5 December 31st 04 10:52 AM
2005 Mustang TV Ad GEB Ford Mustang 9 December 13th 04 10:20 PM
2005 Butt-Ugly Mustang GEB Ford Mustang 42 November 16th 04 04:21 AM