Is GTR Available In Belgium?

Old November 24th 04, 04:21 AM
Zimmer

Default Is GTR Available In Belgium?

I'm travelling from Canada to Brussels on business next week, and
since I won't have time to pop over to Germany, just wondering if
there's anyplace in Brussels where I can buy GTR.

Thanks,

Zim
Old November 24th 04, 04:33 AM
Dave Henrie

Zimmer > wrote in news:7iv7q0pepr42jqmashgmhqhlmq9lehgpe8@
4ax.com:

> I'm travelling from Canada to Brussels on business next week, and
> since I won't have time to pop over to Germany, just wondering if
> there's anyplace in Brussels where I can buy GTR.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Zim

As far as I know, Germany is the only place selling it retail til after
the New Year.

dh
Old November 24th 04, 07:58 AM
Jussi Koukku

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:33:26 -0600, Dave Henrie
> wrote something like:

>Zimmer > wrote in news:7iv7q0pepr42jqmashgmhqhlmq9lehgpe8@
>4ax.com:
>>
>> I'm travelling from Canada to Brussels on business next week, and
>> since I won't have time to pop over to Germany, just wondering if
>> there's anyplace in Brussels where I can buy GTR.

> As far as I know, Germany is the only place selling it retail til after
>the New Year.

Actually it's being sold in german speaking countries, which include
Germany, Austria and Switzerland. And that of course pretty much
excludes Belgium...
--
- Jussi Koukku -
Old November 24th 04, 01:59 PM
Peter

2004-11-24, Jussi Koukku wrote:

> Actually it's being sold in german speaking countries, which include
> Germany, Austria and Switzerland. And that of course pretty much
> excludes Belgium...

I though Belgium was officially tri-lingual - in any case, there is a
(small) german speaking part somewhere. Dunno if that's enough to be able
to buy GTR :-)

-peter

Old November 24th 04, 02:39 PM
Jussi Koukku

On 24 Nov 2004 12:59:48 GMT, Peter > wrote
something like:

>2004-11-24, Jussi Koukku wrote:
>>
>> Actually it's being sold in german speaking countries, which include
>> Germany, Austria and Switzerland. And that of course pretty much
>> excludes Belgium...

>I though Belgium was officially tri-lingual - in any case, there is a
>(small) german speaking part somewhere. Dunno if that's enough to be able
>to buy GTR :-)

Tri-linugal? Dunno, could be...

Brussels seemed to be very much single-lingual though when I was there
couple of months ago... french that is. Street signs were in two
languages (french and flemish I think) though.
--
- Jussi Koukku -
Old November 24th 04, 04:59 PM
Dave Henrie

Peter > wrote in
:

> I though Belgium was officially tri-lingual - in any case, there is a
> (small) german speaking part somewhere. Dunno if that's enough to be
> able to buy GTR :-)
>
> -peter

Hey, my sister's brother's 2nd cousin's best friend took German in high
school, does that count?

dave henrie
Old November 24th 04, 07:57 PM
Jan Verschueren

"Jussi Koukku" wrote...

> Tri-linugal? Dunno, could be...

It is, but the German speaking region is very close to Germany (for obvious
reasons) and it's pretty rural. I doubt you'd find a computer shop there, so
you might as well just drive the extra 30km to Aachen.

> Brussels seemed to be very much single-lingual though when I
> was there couple of months ago... french that is. Street
> signs were in two languages (french and flemish I think)
> though.

Depends which part you happen to be in, but overall it's pretty French
language dominated, yeah.

Also, it's much easier for us Flemish guys to learn and speak French than
the other way around, so one tends to use French instead of insisting on
using Flemish, just to move things along.

That said, there are a couple hard-heads out there, so, as a foreign
national, it's best to start out in English and to only switch over to
French if you can tell it's the other person's native tongue.

Jan.
=---

Old November 24th 04, 08:15 PM
Dave Henrie

"Jan Verschueren" > wrote in
:

> . I doubt you'd find a computer shop there, so
> you might as well just drive the extra 30km to Aachen.

Aachen? Why that's dang close to a place over here.

MyAchinback

dh

Old November 25th 04, 11:08 AM
Jussi Koukku

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:59:35 -0600, Dave Henrie
> wrote something like:
> Hey, my sister's brother's 2nd cousin's best friend took German in high
>school, does that count?

Yes, Dave, of course it counts.
--
- Jussi Koukku -
Old November 25th 04, 11:15 AM
Jussi Koukku

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:57:03 GMT, "Jan Verschueren"
> wrote something like:

>That said, there are a couple hard-heads out there, so, as a foreign
>national, it's best to start out in English and to only switch over to
>French if you can tell it's the other person's native tongue.

Yeah, we were in Antwerp with this french guy, and apparently he gets
better service in local restaurants etc. in english...
--
- Jussi Koukku -