Man made Global warming is a lie!

Old March 17th 07, 02:50 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Fuller Rath

Default Man made Global warming is a lie!

I see you list of "vehicles" and that explains your condition.

".boB" > wrote in message . com...
: Ed H. wrote:
: > I believe he might be a plant to make the "Man-made Global Warming" crowd
: > look bad. He fills too many stereotypes for this to be a coincidence.
: >
: >
: I think you're right. Nobody could be that
: vociferous and ignorant without really working at it.
:
: Can you say, "Troll", boys and girls? I knew you
: could.
:
: --
: .boB
: 2006 FXDI hot rod
: 2001 Dodge Dakota QC 5.9/4x4/3.92
: 1966 Mustang Coupe - Daily Driver
: 1965 FFR Cobra - 427W EFI, Damn Fast.
:

Old March 17th 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Ed H.

Well, I notice you haven't posted one fact, rather (pun intended) you
continue to use language intended to provoke an emotional response.

Old March 17th 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Ed H.

Because you are a troll without the balls to post with your real e-mail
address I shall let you have the last word. I regret the time I spent on
this thread as that is time I shall never recover.

Old March 17th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
.boB

Fuller Rath wrote:
> We're still waiting for you to post some peer reviewed scientific rebuttals to global warming. P.S. Reich wing talking points
> don't count.

Is there anything anyone could say, post, or point
out that could enlighten your position? No, of course
not. You know everything there is to know about this
subject, and you refuse to let new information spoil
that position.
I could pull out the list of sources and type them
all in here for you. I could go to each web site and
link it for you. Why bother? You'll either refuse to
read them, or refuse to believe them. Use google and
do your own research. I refuse to waste that much
time on a troll.
And I bet you think it's all GW's fault, too.

Old March 18th 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

On Mar 17, 11:38 am, ".boB" > wrote:
> Fuller Rath wrote:
> > We're still waiting for you to post some peer reviewed scientific rebuttals to global warming. P.S. Reich wing talking points
> > don't count.

> Is there anything anyone could say, post, or point
> out that could enlighten your position? No, of course
> not. You know everything there is to know about this
> subject, and you refuse to let new information spoil
> that position.
> I could pull out the list of sources and type them
> all in here for you. I could go to each web site and
> link it for you. Why bother? You'll either refuse to
> read them, or refuse to believe them. Use google and
> do your own research. I refuse to waste that much
> time on a troll.
> And I bet you think it's all GW's fault, too.
>
> --
> .boB
> 2006 FXDI hot rod
> 2001 Dodge Dakota QC 5.9/4x4/3.92
> 1966MustangCoupe - Daily Driver
> 1965 FFR Cobra - 427W EFI, Damn Fast.

http:! //www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Science/danish_scientist_global_warmin!
g_is_a_m yth/20070315-012154-7403r/

Old March 18th 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

On Mar 17, 11:38 am, ".boB" > wrote:
> Fuller Rath wrote:
> > We're still waiting for you to post some peer reviewed scientific rebuttals to global warming. P.S. Reich wing talking points
> > don't count.

> Is there anything anyone could say, post, or point
> out that could enlighten your position? No, of course
> not. You know everything there is to know about this
> subject, and you refuse to let new information spoil
> that position.
> I could pull out the list of sources and type them
> all in here for you. I could go to each web site and
> link it for you. Why bother? You'll either refuse to
> read them, or refuse to believe them. Use google and
> do your own research. I refuse to waste that much
> time on a troll.
> And I bet you think it's all GW's fault, too.
>
> --
> .boB
> 2006 FXDI hot rod
> 2001 Dodge Dakota QC 5.9/4x4/3.92
> 1966MustangCoupe - Daily Driver
> 1965 FFR Cobra - 427W EFI, Damn Fast.

Danish scientist: Global warming is a myth

Published: Mar 15, 2007 at 12:51 PM
COPENHAGEN, Denmark, March 15 (UPI) -- A Danish scientist said the
idea of a "global temperature" and global warming is more political
than scientific.

University of Copenhagen Professor Bjarne Andresen has analyzed the
topic in collaboration with Canadian Professors Christopher Essex from
the University of Western Ontario and Ross McKitrick of the University
of Guelph.

It is generally assumed the Earth's atmosphere and oceans have grown
warmer during the recent 50 years because of an upward trend in the so-
called global temperature, which is t! he result of complex
calculations and averaging of air temperature measurements taken
around the world.

"It is impossible to talk about a single temperature for something as
complicated as the climate of Earth," said Andresen, an expert on
thermodynamics. "A temperature can be defined only for a homogeneous
system. Furthermore, the climate is not governed by a single
temperature. Rather, differences of temperatures drive the processes
and create the storms, sea currents, thunder, etc. which make up the
climate".

He says the currently used method of determining the global
temperature -- and any conclusion drawn from it -- is more political
than scientific.

The argument is presented in the Journal of Non-Equilibrium
Thermodynamics.

Old March 19th 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Ron Hinds

".boB" > wrote in message
. com...
> Fuller Rath wrote:
>> We're still waiting for you to post some peer reviewed scientific
>> rebuttals to global warming. P.S. Reich wing talking points
>> don't count.
>>

> Is there anything anyone could say, post, or point out that could
> enlighten your position? No, of course not. You know everything there is
> to know about this subject, and you refuse to let new information spoil
> that position.
> I could pull out the list of sources and type them all in here for
> you. I could go to each web site and link it for you. Why bother?
> You'll either refuse to read them, or refuse to believe them. Use google
> and do your own research. I refuse to waste that much time on a troll.
> And I bet you think it's all GW's fault, too.
>
> --
> .boB
> 2006 FXDI hot rod
> 2001 Dodge Dakota QC 5.9/4x4/3.92
> 1966 Mustang Coupe - Daily Driver
> 1965 FFR Cobra - 427W EFI, Damn Fast.

Hurricanes and Global Warming: Interview with Meteorologist Dr. William Gray
by James K. Glassman (September 12, 2005)

Meteorologist Dr. William Gray may be the world's most famous hurricane
expert. More than two decades ago, as professor of atmospheric science and
head of the Tropical Meteorology Project at Colorado State University, he
pioneered the science of hurricane forecasting. Each December, six months
before the start of hurricane season, the now 75-year-old Gray and his team
issue a long-range prediction of the number of major tropical storms that
will arise in the Atlantic Ocean basin, as well as the number of hurricanes
(with sustained winds of 74 miles per hour or more) and intense hurricanes
(with winds of at least 111 mph). This year, Gray expects more activity,
with 15 named storms, including 8 hurricanes. Four of them, he says, will be
intense.

James Glassman: Dr. Gray, in the September issue of Discover Magazine, there's
a remarkable interview with you. You're called the world's most famous
hurricane.

Dr. William Gray: Well that - you have to talk to my critics about that. I
don't think they would agree with you.

Glassman: Well you certainly.

Gray: I've been around a long time, yes. I've been around studying
hurricanes over 50 years now, I'm an old guy. Yes.

Glassman: Well, you're in the hurricane forecasting business among other
things?

Gray: Well, we're in the seasonal hurricane forecasting business, and
monthly. We don't do the short range, you know, one to two day crucial
forecasts. That can only be done by one group at the National Hurricane
Center. But we certainly do a lot of forecasting for different parts of the
globe and the hurricane from a seasonal, monthly point of view. Yes.

Glassman: And from a seasonal, monthly point of view, you had been
predicting a growing number of hurricanes. Now, my question is in the wake
of Katrina and some of the statements that we've heard immediately
afterwards by advocates of the global warming theory - is global warming
behind this increase in hurricanes?

Gray: I am very confident that it's not. I mean we have had global warming.
That's not a question. The globe has warmed the last 30 years, and the last
10 years in particular. And we've had, at least the last 10 years, we've had
a pick up in the Atlantic basin major storms. But in the earlier period, if
we go back from 1970 through the middle '90s, that 25 year period - even
though the globe was warming slightly, the number of major storms was down,
quite a bit down.

Now, another feature of this is that the Atlantic operates differently. The
other global storm basins, the Atlantic only has about 12 percent of the
global storms. And in the other basins, the last 10 years - even though the
Atlantic major storm activity has gone up greatly the last 10 years. In the
other global basins, it's slightly gone down. You know, both frequency and
strength of storms have not changed in these other basins. If anything, they've
slightly gone down. So if this was a global warming thing, you would think,
"Well gee, all of the basins should be responding much the same."

Glassman: You're familiar with what your colleagues believe. Do you think
many hurricane experts would take a different point of view, and would say,
"Oh, it's global warming that's causing hurricanes?"

Gray: No. All my colleagues that have been around a long time - I think if
you go to ask the last four or five directors of the national hurricane
center - we all don't think this is human-induced global warming. And, the
people that say that it is are usually those that know very little about
hurricanes. I mean, there's almost an equation you can write the degree to
which you believe global warming is causing major hurricanes to increase is
inversely proportional to your knowledge about these storms.

Now there's a few modelers around who know something about storms, but they
would like to have the possibility open that global warming will make for
more and intense storms because there's a lot of money to be made on this.
You know, when governments step in and are saying this - particularly when
the Clinton administration was in - and our Vice President Gore was involved
with things there, they were pushing this a lot. You know, most of
meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you
want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced
global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded.

Glassman: We thank you very, very much for this interview. Thank you, Dr.
Gray.

Gray: Well thank you for asking me.

I am convinced myself that in 15 or 20 years, we're going to look back on
this and see how grossly exaggerated it all was. The humans are not that
powerful. These greenhouse gases, although they are building up, they cannot
cause the type of warming these models say - two to five degrees centigrade
with a doubling of the greenhouse gases.

Glassman: Well thank you very much for giving us your time.

First appeared in Tech Central Station.

http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=4403

Old March 19th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
z[_1_]

On Mar 18, 2:56 pm, wrote:

> "It is impossible to talk about a single temperature for something as
> complicated as the climate of Earth," saidAndresen, an expert on
> thermodynamics. "A temperature can be defined only for a homogeneous
> system. Furthermore, the climate is not governed by a single
> temperature. Rather, differences of temperatures drive the processes
> and create the storms, sea currents, thunder, etc. which make up the
> climate".

I knew the damn temp gauge on the dashboard was lying. It's all a plot
by the antifreeze manufacturers, and the auto manufacturers have been
paid off. That's why you don't see any more air-cooled cars.

Old March 20th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
z[_1_]

On Mar 18, 7:25 pm, "Ron Hinds" > wrote:

> [...]
> with things there, they were pushing this a lot. You know, most of
> meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you
> want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced
> global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded.
>
> Glassman: We thank you very, very much for this interview. Thank you, Dr.
> Gray.
>
> Gray: Well thank you for asking me.
>
> I am convinced myself that in 15 or 20 years, we're going to look back on
> this and see how grossly exaggerated it all was. The humans are not that
> powerful. These greenhouse gases, although they are building up, they cannot
> cause the type of warming these models say - two to five degrees centigrade
> with a doubling of the greenhouse gases.
>
> Glassman: Well thank you very much for giving us your time.

Well, I say the same thing I say to the kids with their math homework;
don't just show me the answers, I want to check your work.

Old March 21st 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Fuller Rath

No, you have that wrong. You are making the spurious reich wing claims. Back them up or begone, troll!

"Ed H." > wrote in message news:%gIKh.177$yj7.77@trnddc02...
: Well, I notice you haven't posted one fact, rather (pun intended) you
: continue to use language intended to provoke an emotional response.
:
: ...
: > "Ed H." > wrote in message
: > news:BzGJh.2321$8u4.524@trnddc08...
: > : I believe he might be a plant to make the "Man-made Global Warming"
: > crowd
: > : look bad. He fills too many stereotypes for this to be a coincidence.
: > :
: > : ".boB" > wrote in message
: > : . com...
: > : > Fuller Rath wrote:
: > : >> How can one so ignorant manage to peck out a simple sentence. I guess
: > you
: > : >> really think the Earth is only 5000 years old, too.
: > : >>
: > : >>
: > : >> ".boB" > wrote in message
: > : >> . com...
: > : >> : Fuller Rath wrote:
: > : >> :
: > : >> : > I thought people as stupid as you were only the stuff of legends.
: > : >> : >
: > : >> : >
: > : >> : >
: > : >> :
: > : >> : And people like you made PT Barnum rich.
: > : >> :
: > : >>
: > : >
: > : > Are you a democrat? Or a hollywood type?
: > : >
: > : > Most likely a democrat. When the science or facts don't support
: > their
: > : > beliefs, it's time to start calling people names, and try to impinge
: > their
: > : > character.
: > : >
: > : > Thank you for your insightful viewpoints, Chicken Little.
: > : >