Dang Those Uncontrollable Cars!!

Old August 19th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Rob[_2_]

Default Sloth Kills - See For Yourself!

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 03:30:10 GMT, laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE
> wrote:

>On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 19:35:49 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:
>
>>Sir Lex > said in rec.autos.driving:
>>
>>><http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7375529614689548442>

>>Thanks for posting that textbook example of how Sloth Kills.

>I didn't go to the link cause i know more or less what it's about
>anyway. Somebody is driving the speed limit and a deadly criminal
>speeder comes along and passes with a double yellow line and hits a
>school bus and kills 30 kids and now you blame the law-abiding
>citizen.

Not even close. A bus coming down a hill has a car pull out directly
in front of it from a side street. The bus crashes trying to avoid
rear ending the much slower car. That bus driver should have just ran
over the idiot in that car, at least then his passengers would most
likely have suffered little or no injuries. Instead, the idiot in the
car gets away and the people in the bus probably suffered serious
injuries..
Old August 20th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Rob wrote:

> Not even close. A bus coming down a hill has a car pull out directly
> in front of it from a side street. The bus crashes trying to avoid
> rear ending the much slower car. That bus driver should have just ran
> over the idiot in that car, at least then his passengers would most
> likely have suffered little or no injuries. Instead, the idiot in the
> car gets away and the people in the bus probably suffered serious
> injuries..

If the bus had one of those dash cameras and I was driving it, I would
have braked, kept the bus under control and if that meant hitting the
sloth, too bad. But only if there was a camera on the bus. Without a
camera the bus driver would be found at fault.

Old August 20th 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore[_1_]

Brent P wrote:

> In article >, Rob wrote:
>
> > Not even close. A bus coming down a hill has a car pull out directly
> > in front of it from a side street. The bus crashes trying to avoid
> > rear ending the much slower car. That bus driver should have just ran
> > over the idiot in that car, at least then his passengers would most
> > likely have suffered little or no injuries. Instead, the idiot in the
> > car gets away and the people in the bus probably suffered serious
> > injuries..

> If the bus had one of those dash cameras and I was driving it, I would
> have braked, kept the bus under control and if that meant hitting the
> sloth, too bad.

I'd have done that too.

I'm amazed it hasn't been suggested before.

Graham

Thank An Enviromentalist / Democrat Dave Head Driving 80 May 14th 06 01:37 AM
cars for sale, classic cars for sale classiccarmall.net Dodge 0 March 30th 06 09:49 AM
Hybrid cars Gordon McGrew Technology 0 February 4th 06 04:29 PM
Dealing with Flood Cars Big Earl Dodge 3 October 4th 05 02:42 AM
The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM