The Nation's Worst Drivers

Old May 28th 05, 11:04 PM
RichA

Maybe the blue staters should stay the hell off their cell phones
and leaning on their horns?

Old May 29th 05, 02:59 AM

ZombyWoof wrote:

> For example NJ, my home state, rank last. Virginia the state I
> currently live in ranked 14th. Based on my own personal experiences
> of driving in both places the Virginia drivers are the absolute worst
> especially in the area of tailgating.

I also used to live in VA and agree 100%!!! The vast majority of VA
drivers suck! From tailgating, to hordes of left-lane lane bandits, to
stopping at the end of on-ramps, to rubber-necking slow downs, to lack
of blinker use, to you name it. In fact, while traveling I could tell
how close I was getting to the VA border by how bad the drivers were
getting... I didn't even need a map.

Yep, VA has the worst drivers I've have ever encountered, bar none.

Patrick
'93 Cobra

Old May 29th 05, 03:18 AM

> most yankees arent to smart

> hurc ast

He can't find the shift key, doesn't use a parenthesis or a period and
used the wrong "to", yet he criticizes others for not being _too_
smart.

LMFAO!

hurc ast = an uneducated fat slob, with body odor, buck teeth, and a
bad haircut, who sits behind a computer picking his nose while trolling
newsgroups.

Patrick
'93 Cobra

Old May 29th 05, 05:32 PM
Rod Williams

Just go out on the road on any given day and you will see that half of
these people shouldn't be driving. Don't need a test to prove it.
Old May 30th 05, 12:30 AM
Michael Johnson, PE

wrote:

>>>I also used to live in VA and agree 100%!!! The vast majority of
>>>VA drivers suck! From tailgating, to hordes of left-lane lane
>>>bandits, to stopping at the end of on-ramps, to rubber-necking slow
>>>downs, to lack of blinker use, to you name it. In fact, while
>>>traveling I could tell how close I was getting to the VA border by
>>>how bad the drivers were getting... I didn't even need a map.
>>>
>>>Yep, VA has the worst drivers I've have ever encountered, bar none.

>>Keep in mind that most of those drivers, especially in the Northern
>>Virginia area, are from other states or countries.

> I think that everybody pretty much thinks the drivers in their own
> state are the worst. What this _really_ says is that U.S. drivers in
> general are horrible.

Exactly. I can count the number of people I know in Northern Virginia
that was born and raised here on two hands. I bet 75% of us are
transplants that brought the traffic mess with us. It's probably the
same in many other areas.
Old May 30th 05, 03:45 AM
Spike

It's the case here. This used to rural. Then some magazine aid that
this was the place to live because of the fresh air, medical, and all
the rest of the pluses, including no gangs, no traffic problems, etc.
BOOM! People flocked here to get their families out of the mess in the
LA basin, and SF Bay Area. In a very short time we went from about
36,000 to about 100,000. And those people brought with the their ways.
They left the cities for the forests, lakes, rivers, clean air, etc.
And just as many marriages go, after the ceremony, they tried to
change it into what they left behind. They wanted big city shopping,
malls, traffic lights, the works. Now we have gang graffiti, traffic
tie ups, smog warnings, etc. And they didn't adapt their driving to
the rural way, they continue to drive as they did in the major metro
areas. Unfortunately, what works in the big city doesn't work in the
country. So the accident rate climbs. The running the stoplights and
pushing the yellows is rampant. Now we have intersection camera and
traffic lights. And the freeway under pass which was two lanes, was
widened to 3 by narrowing the lanes. I guess it's fairly common, but
it's sad that something very good has to be destroyed in the search
for something better.

On Sun, 29 May 2005 19:30:54 -0400, "Michael Johnson, PE"
> wrote:

>Joe wrote:

>Exactly. I can count the number of people I know in Northern Virginia
>that was born and raised here on two hands. I bet 75% of us are
>transplants that brought the traffic mess with us. It's probably the
>same in many other areas.

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Old May 30th 05, 05:23 PM
Michael Johnson, PE

ZombyWoof wrote:
> On Sun, 29 May 2005 19:30:54 -0400, "Michael Johnson, PE"
> > wrote something wonderfully witty:
> <snip>
>
>>>I think that everybody pretty much thinks the drivers in their own
>>>state are the worst. What this _really_ says is that U.S. drivers in
>>>general are horrible.

>>Exactly. I can count the number of people I know in Northern Virginia
>>that was born and raised here on two hands. I bet 75% of us are
>>transplants that brought the traffic mess with us. It's probably the
>>same in many other areas.
>>

> Well I am in the Hampton Roads area and with the extremely large
> Military presence here that is definitely part of it. Still sucks.

I find it ironic how people who moved here will complain about traffic
as if it is not their fault. When I point out that traffic is bad
because of people just like them they either can't see the point or do
get it and stop complaining as much. It doesn't matter if you moved
here yesterday or 20 years ago, you're still part of the reason traffic
is horrible. It's amazing how many people think THEY have a right to
move anywhere THEY please but once they're there they have the right to
tell others to go elsewhere. Such is human nature, I guess.
Old May 30th 05, 07:16 PM
Joe

"Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in
:

> ZombyWoof wrote:
>> On Sun, 29 May 2005 19:30:54 -0400, "Michael Johnson, PE"
>> > wrote something wonderfully witty:
>> <snip>

>>>Exactly. I can count the number of people I know in Northern
>>>Virginia that was born and raised here on two hands. I bet 75% of
>>>us are transplants that brought the traffic mess with us. It's
>>>probably the same in many other areas.
>>>

>> Well I am in the Hampton Roads area and with the extremely large
>> Military presence here that is definitely part of it. Still sucks.

> I find it ironic how people who moved here will complain about
> traffic as if it is not their fault. When I point out that traffic
> is bad because of people just like them they either can't see the
> point or do get it and stop complaining as much. It doesn't matter
> if you moved here yesterday or 20 years ago, you're still part of
> the reason traffic is horrible. It's amazing how many people think
> THEY have a right to move anywhere THEY please but once they're
> there they have the right to tell others to go elsewhere. Such is
> human nature, I guess.

I'm in the transient capital of the U.S. (SoFla) and everything you
guys are saying is correct.

Drives me crazy MidnightDad Driving 35 April 26th 05 03:05 AM
World's best and worst drivers? John Winterbottom Driving 3 March 13th 05 10:43 PM
Flashpoint Racing Series begins tonight! [email protected] Simulators 34 February 18th 05 01:37 AM
Wed Night N2003 league looking for drivers [email protected] Simulators 0 November 30th 04 02:46 AM