C4 Injector Removal

Old May 7th 07, 11:44 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

Default C4 Injector Removal

"C4RagTop" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On May 6, 9:17 am, "Dad" > wrote:

>> > Hmmm, tend to think you're on to something. I've
>> > noticed more
>> > combustion roughness when we go through our annual
>> > winter-to-summer
>> > gasoline changeover -- and it's been worse out West
>> > since we had to
>> > give up MTBE. Maybe we're getting some Chinese wheat
>> > gluten in the
>> > gas.

>> > *Hey Dad.* We used to clean out cylinder deposits by
>> > 'drizzling'
>> > diesel down the carburetor -- do you have a way to
>> > 'administer'
>> > diesel juice into a 'vette -- or would the internal
>> > tamps make this
>> > a dumb maneuver?

>> Actual we used a product from Ce-Pen-Co that we metered
>> into the carb
>> to burn out the deposits and kill all mosquitoes in a 5
>> mile radius.
>> There are cleaners in a pressurized cans that screw onto
>> the fitting
>> on the fuel rail to do it now. Of course there is a GM
>> approved
>> version that is 4X the price that they recommend.- Hide
>> quoted text -

> Hmmm.. just spoke to GM and they don't have anything that
> comes in a
> can via the schrader valve, just stuff to dump in our
> tank. Someone
> else suggested that the O2 sensors can go open loop mode
> and cause
> rich buring without flaging a code (ODB1). Could the O2
> sensors be
> causing this as well?

have you even tried to run a good injector cleaner through
your tank first ?
(suggest the gm cleaner or Lucas Injector cleaner)
I would at lease try that before you start replacing the O2
sensors.
--
"Key"
=====

Old May 8th 07, 01:46 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ[_3_]

C4RagTop wrote:
> On May 6, 9:17 am, "Dad" > wrote:

>>> Hmmm, tend to think you're on to something. I've noticed more
>>> combustion roughness when we go through our annual winter-to-summer
>>> gasoline changeover -- and it's been worse out West since we had to
>>> give up MTBE. Maybe we're getting some Chinese wheat gluten in the
>>> gas.
>>> *Hey Dad.* We used to clean out cylinder deposits by 'drizzling'
>>> diesel down the carburetor -- do you have a way to 'administer'
>>> diesel juice into a 'vette -- or would the internal tamps make this
>>> a dumb maneuver?

>> Actual we used a product from Ce-Pen-Co that we metered into the carb
>> to burn out the deposits and kill all mosquitoes in a 5 mile radius.
>> There are cleaners in a pressurized cans that screw onto the fitting
>> on the fuel rail to do it now. Of course there is a GM approved
>> version that is 4X the price that they recommend.- Hide quoted text -

> Hmmm.. just spoke to GM and they don't have anything that comes in a
> can via the schrader valve, just stuff to dump in our tank. Someone
> else suggested that the O2 sensors can go open loop mode and cause
> rich buring without flaging a code (ODB1). Could the O2 sensors be
> causing this as well?

Try this out for size (scroll down the page to the paragraph on
using an R-12 hose -- you're on your own)

< http://www.twoguysgarage.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=7385 >

Here's a product. 3M UNIVERSAL FUEL INJECTOR CLEANER, 10 OZ. AEROSOL
(08956)

Note that the can has 100 psi of pressure.

--
PJ
Old May 8th 07, 02:52 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"PJ" > wrote in message
Snip
> Here's a product. 3M UNIVERSAL FUEL INJECTOR CLEANER, 10 OZ.
> AEROSOL (08956)
>
> Note that the can has 100 psi of pressure. --
> PJ

WOW, that's wedding night pressure; just what MacGyver needed back in
the late '80's. GM says to boost the pressure up to 70/ 90 PSI to
clean/flush the injection system.

Dad
--
Everyone should have a spouse, because there are a number of
things that go wrong that one can't blame on the government.

Old May 8th 07, 08:59 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

Default OT joke / attn Dad

your sig reminds me of this joke I seen on another group.

> A man riding his Harley was riding along a California
> beach when
> suddenly the sky clouded above his head and, in a booming
> voice, the
> Lord said, "Because you have tried to be faithful to me in
> all ways, I
> will grant you one wish.
>
> The biker pulled over and said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii
> so I can
> ride over anytime I want." The Lord said, "Your request is
> materialistic, think of the enormous challenges for that
> kind of
> undertaking; the supports required reaching the bottom of
> the
> Pacific and the concrete and steel it would take! It will
> nearly
> exhaust several natural resources. I can do it, but it is
> hard for
> me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a
> little more
> time and think of something that could possibly help
> mankind."
> > >

> The biker thought about it for a long time. Finally, he
> said, "Lord, I
> wish that I and all men could understand women; I want to
> know how
> she feels inside, what she's thinking when she gives me
> the silent
> treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says
> nothing's
> wrong, and how I can make a Woman truly happy."

> The Lord replied, "You want two lanes or four on that
> bridge?

g'day
--
"Key"
=====

Old May 8th 07, 10:20 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"'Key" > wrote in message
Snip
>> The Lord replied, "You want two lanes or four on that bridge?

> g'day
> --
> "Key"
> =====

Have you any idea how many men would work on that bridge??????

Dad

My greatest fear is there is no such thing as PMS
and it is really her personality!

Old May 8th 07, 11:19 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Brad[_6_]

I have an 85 with the same exact problem except it also has a rough idle. Do
you know what type of solvent they used? Did they just run it thru or clean
things by hand? Thanks, Brad

Old May 9th 07, 12:39 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Mike Cenni

I had exactly the same problem for years with my 1986 convertible. The
problem turned out to be the fuel pump. Apparently there was a small crack
or something that caused the problem. Once it was replaced entire issue
went away.

Mike.

Old May 9th 07, 05:17 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
PJ

Mike Cenni wrote:

> I had exactly the same problem for years with my 1986 convertible. The
> problem turned out to be the fuel pump. Apparently there was a small
> crack
> or something that caused the problem. Once it was replaced entire issue
> went away.
>
> Mike.
> "Brad" > wrote in message
>>I have an 85 with the same exact problem except it also has a rough idle.
>>Do you know what type of solvent they used? Did they just run it thru or
>>clean things by hand? Thanks, Brad

>>> I had a very similar problem in my 1985. It turned out to be a carbon
>>> build up in the combustion chamber. The carbon absorbed gas. When the
>>> car cooled a little after being driven, it would release the gas, and
>>> flood the engine. The dealership had to work with Chevy to diagnose it.
>>> They used some solvent to clean out the engine, and it ran great after
>>> that.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps...

On the output of the fuel pump there's what appears to be a snubber --
Chevy calls this a 'pulsator.' Last fuel pump replacement I did, I just
replaced the pump and left the old snubber in place. (IIRC the price of a
new one seemed high.)

Wonder what the life of a snubber is and what the symptoms are when it
quits 'snubbing?'

--
PJ
Old May 29th 07, 03:17 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tom in Missouri

Wow, remember the days when you could just pour water slowly down the carb
and clean all the carbon out?

Too bad you can't do that today.

"Dad" > wrote in message
.. .

(lot of stuff snipped)

> Actual we used a product from Ce-Pen-Co that we metered into the carb to
> burn out the deposits and kill all mosquitoes in a 5 mile radius. There
> are cleaners in a pressurized cans that screw onto the fitting on the fuel
> rail to do it now. Of course there is a GM approved version that is 4X the
> price that they recommend.

Injector Cleanning NissMax VW water cooled 3 September 8th 06 06:19 PM
injector points shaggy VW air cooled 0 June 8th 06 10:00 AM
2.5 TBI Injector Removal? [email protected] Chrysler 2 May 7th 06 04:40 PM
Clogged Injector(s) Dave Combs Ford Mustang 10 September 27th 05 08:10 AM
4.0 Fuel injector Carl Saiyed Jeep 14 March 22nd 05 12:14 PM