American Collectors Insurance

Old September 12th 07, 05:53 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob G.[_2_]

Default American Collectors Insurance

On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 11:11:10 -0400, "Tom in Missouri"
> wrote:

>I think Bob G on here has American Collector's and has had a claim. Maybe
>he will speak up.

TOM:

I just posted a reply ....I did NOT have a single problem and I
used a Body shop that I CHOISE ...one that was experienced in working
on Corvettes and have done a couple dozen cars for Bloomington etc...

The shop guy said they also had NO PROBLEMS with dealing with them as
to what kind of parts (new, used, Genuine GM parts etc..

For the Original Poster ...

American Collectors is the BROKER...the actual insurance Company is

AMERICAN BANKERS INS COMPANY OF FLORIDA

Bob G.
Old September 12th 07, 06:04 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob G.[_2_]

On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 16:45:47 -0400, "87Blue" >
wrote:

>Hey Tom,
>Thanks your info. I researched Hagerty first and as you might have read
>above, the '87 needs to wait until Jan 1 2008 to become eligible. I found
>that on my "quote," both Hagerty and American Collectors were pretty close.
>The 2500 mile policy is standard according to them with about a 20% higher
>rate if you want to go to 5000 miles. I like that they spell it out and like
>you said, Hagerty is vague about the mileage and vague is something I don't
>need when I'm insuring a car.

The AGE of the CAR is open to discussion...Well at least if you also
have several other cars YOU CONSIDER ..for lack of a better word TOYS
insured with them.

They Insure all 5 of my Corvettes including my 1998 ..BUT then again I
HAD 4 Corvettes and a Chevelle insured thru them when I purchased the
95 which they insured from day one ...I then replaced the 95 with the
987 when I purchased it....

They also have insured a friends 2002 since they day he purchased it
NEW .. BUT again he had 2 other Corvettes insured with them...

When I droive my 72 on the 99 National Corvette Carivan I knew I would
bust the 2500 mile limit...they charged me something like 10 or 20
bucks to raise the milage limit so I could do the trip..and waved the
kept in a garage requirement for the trip... Can not honestly remember
exactly how much it cost but for something like this they were very
easy to deal with...

Bob G.

Old September 13th 07, 12:45 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
87Blue

Thanks the reply Bob. This is generally what I'm hearing online and locally
so I took the plunge yesterday and ordered the insurance. I added the $100
ded collision and $0 comp which took it up about $15. They emailed me a temp
card and as far as they're concerned, I'm insured and have the 20 days to
sign and send back the signature sheet (which came via email) I was also
able to send then my pics via email to speed things up. Good bunch of gals
to talk to. Hopefully, this will lead to a long and happy life with a
company that I hope to never use. Thanks for your input.