'01 JGC weird tranny behavior...left turns only...

Old September 19th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
tom

Default '01 JGC weird tranny behavior...left turns only...

My wife's 2001 6-cyl. GC 2WD 70K miles has erratic downshifting
behavior...but only when making left turns. It seems to lug or slip in 2nd
gear. Strangely, slow right turns are no problem whatsoever. Straight line
cruising is fine, and nice smooth shifts from 0 up through OD. This problem
seemed to rear its ugly head after I had the trans serviced two weeks ago
(fluid flush/new screen). Tires/inflation pressure are fine. Any clues?
Thanks all.

***AVG certified virus-free***

Old September 19th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

I would suspect maybe a wire hitting on the exhaust cross over pipe or a
loose connection. Maybe they moved them around when draining the pan?

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old September 19th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

Who serviced the transmission?

EXACTLY what fluid did they use for replacement?

Old September 19th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_5_]

Check the fluid level first. Maybe it's sucking air on left turns.

Earle

Old September 20th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Ditto. Especially if there's also a little delay shifting from
reverse to drive, when cold. Check the fluid hot, in park, brake set, on
level ground, engine running.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old September 23rd 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lon

I'd be having some up front and personal chats with the shop that
serviced your transmission. No baseball bats until the second such chat.

tom proclaimed: