Need NASCAR LEGENDS files ... believe it or not ........ ..........

Old May 18th 05, 05:13 AM
Doug

Default Need NASCAR LEGENDS files ... believe it or not ........ ..........

Hello;

My son is in his early teens and wanting to start sim racing with
all my old sims.

Right now he is interested in NASCAR LEGENDS -- (GPL is down the
road for sure) and getting his interest.

My question is this ------

Where can I find the old update and add-on files for NASCAR
LEGENDS? Especially the update that gives the deep dish wheel rims,
and allows the body to be lowered a bit? I had these at one time, but
I swear I cannot find them anywhere.

Your assistance here would be deeply appreciated.
Old May 18th 05, 08:25 AM
Bruce Kennewell

Perhaps the USPits has them?
(I don't know for sure, but it is just a suggestion.)

I have the Papy update (patch) and a few third-party car skins, but that's
all, if they are of any help.

Bruce.

Old May 18th 05, 02:37 PM
Plowboy

Doug,

The Legends were based on the version of Nascar Racing 3... Which you may
or may not know (not saying you dont either)... that was quite a while ago.
However that version is now 3 iterations OLD version of the current sim.
Here's the review from the Way-Back machine...
http://pc.ign.com/articles/163/163812p1.html that helps ya date that puppy.
If you know much about computers as well, you find trying to find system
drivers for similiarly aged old hardware can be a PITA also.

BUT, I know of a few out there, that are still racing Nascar Racing 3
online even... It is easier to drive for sure than the newer versions, in
raw form I would guess, although to me it was harder because it didnt
imitate real llife feel to it as well as todays version does, my only case
in point, you could slap the brakes on in mid turn without ANY ill effects,
you try this even in your family sedan (on the edge of traction & control)
you would be is deep crap... BTW I did the same thing, I kept all the old
version, thinking by time sonny got to appreciate driving... He's 11, I
installed it let him play, yet graduated him rather quickly to the latest
('03) version with many aids turned on, it is about the same.

So anyway, I thought I would throw out this suggestion, If you already have
the last version Nascar Racing '03 there is the aero war mod (which is like
the 88 season cars). Might be enough to get him as interested, and car
paints are more readily available. I think I saw the other Sim maker (sigh
Electronic Arts' Nascar Sim Racing) has already been modded for older cars
too? IMHO this game drives good IMHO, but there were a number of online and
offline issues, yet can be picked up off the shelves at walmart cheap... I
just run laps I enjoy the game, but rest is really crappy, but yet patches
have been promised... who knows, we got the 1st one not that much better
yet...

I too miss the 70's car mods... I like Legends too (yeah I have my box
still) never saw as much online activity either... and like everything old,
we lose those freaking Awesome websites that hosted all this neat stuff. I
did see runtime the patch at Blackhole Motorsports, and really I was
suprised I didnt at 1st look see anymore links there...

some links I always check for files/info for rest of my Racing Game stuff...
http://www.theuspits.com/ You need to know theTHE PITTS deleted everything
a while back and came back as a Roadcourse & mod mostly site, I think all
oder stuff is gone, except maybe some GPL stuff...

http://www.ncracer.com links to many things for latest mods

www.bhmotorsports.com/developer/11

http://www.motorsportsims.com/links/...gsimsites.html

Doug enlightened us with:

Old May 18th 05, 02:49 PM
Plowboy

Took a minute to look again at the uspits, wow they have aerowar mods & many
files plus TPTCC (roadracing mods and stuff, I didnt see ANY gpl stuff
there.

Too bad SBC doesnt give me free webspace to me, I downloaded about hmmm...
2 gigs worth of stuff for NR (mainly 03) & GPL over the years... hehehe.
Keept it all so far I think, knock on wood.

Old May 18th 05, 05:00 PM
Dave Henrie

"Plowboy" > wrote in

> Took a minute to look again at the uspits, wow they have aerowar mods
> & many files plus TPTCC (roadracing mods and stuff, I didnt see ANY
> gpl stuff there.
>
> Too bad SBC doesnt give me free webspace to me, I downloaded about
> hmmm... 2 gigs worth of stuff for NR (mainly 03) & GPL over the
> years... hehehe. Keept it all so far I think, knock on wood.

Due to poor interactions with First-Racing and the restrictions they
have placed on the mods, theuspits have drastically cut back their support
of Papyrus based sims. In fact, Jan recently displayed a Mustang GT for a
mod based on rFactor. The Pits are moving on.

dave henrie
Old May 18th 05, 08:57 PM
Bruce Kennewell

N3, NLegends, ICR2....all run fine on my P4 GHz, ATI 9800Pro machine.

Physics aside, they are still great fun.

Bruce.

Old May 18th 05, 09:07 PM
Plowboy

Bruce? you got ICR2 running on that thing? hmmm...
BTW I never said it was bad, I was just eluding to the fact it had easily
been replaced, especially if you turn on the relative aids in current
version, so that is WHY i'd done same as him a while back, and moved my kid
on up to the new sim. That and the fact we run against each other over
relatively new LAN, is MUCHO fun too... I never really liked the way NR3
drives though...

... However I also know current version can behard to come by as of
late...

Bruce Kennewell enlightened us with:

Old May 19th 05, 04:33 AM
Bruce Kennewell

Sure did!
I've got all the patches and utilities and what-not here on various disks
and CD's.

Even tho' I don't use ICR2 now, I've still got Nascar Legends and NASCAR 3
on the HDD....every now and then I get nostalgic and go back to one or the
other!

Bruce.

Old May 19th 05, 06:05 AM
Steve Whitty

"Doug" > wrote in message

> Hello;
>
> My son is in his early teens and wanting to start sim racing with
> all my old sims.
>
> Right now he is interested in NASCAR LEGENDS -- (GPL is down the
> road for sure) and getting his interest.
>
> My question is this ------
>
> Where can I find the old update and add-on files for NASCAR
> LEGENDS? Especially the update that gives the deep dish wheel rims,
> and allows the body to be lowered a bit? I had these at one time, but
> I swear I cannot find them anywhere.
>
> Your assistance here would be deeply appreciated.

I don't have any of the files you request or links, but really recommend
that you encourage your son to move up to the later titles. my 5 year old
races gpl, n2k3,f1c and rFactor. so far he's down to no steering assist or
braking assist and manual gear changes. he does the latter extremely well.
hates crashing, only wants to win

I've loaded up the earlier titles like gp2 and icr2, but he prefers the
newer titles.

cheers

steve

Old May 19th 05, 02:01 PM
Larry

I think I have them all somewhere...

-Larry

"Doug" > wrote in message

> Hello;
>
> My son is in his early teens and wanting to start sim racing with
> all my old sims.
>
> Right now he is interested in NASCAR LEGENDS -- (GPL is down the
> road for sure) and getting his interest.
>
> My question is this ------
>
> Where can I find the old update and add-on files for NASCAR
> LEGENDS? Especially the update that gives the deep dish wheel rims,
> and allows the body to be lowered a bit? I had these at one time, but
> I swear I cannot find them anywhere.
>
> Your assistance here would be deeply appreciated.

EA's New NASCAR Sim Fact Sheet David G Fisher Simulators 27 December 18th 04 02:07 PM
NASCAR Question tech27 BMW 46 November 15th 04 11:03 PM
FS: 1997 Fleer/SkyBox "Shoney's" NASCAR 16-Card Set J.R. Sinclair General 0 May 6th 04 06:11 AM
FS: 1992 GSS "Legends Of Indy" Rick MMears "Autographed" Card J.R. Sinclair General 0 April 5th 04 06:36 AM
FS: 1990 Hardees 'Cole Trickle' "Days Of Thunder" NASCAR PROMO Glass J.R. Sinclair General 0 January 27th 04 05:43 AM