OT nonsense post

Old January 24th 05, 08:05 PM
Joe Carroll

Default OT nonsense post

I changed from Qwest to Earthlink to get rid extremly poor service.
That said I know have better service but literally hundreds of
nonsense post with no attachments have started showing up in this
group. Anyone else having this issue?
Joe Carroll
2K-TJ

There are some simple truths...And the dogs know what they are."
Joseph Duemer
Old January 24th 05, 08:15 PM
Mike Romain

That is happening all over the usenet no matter what server you are on.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old January 24th 05, 08:27 PM
Jeff Strickland

I am not seeing those posts. I get tons of spam, but not in my newsgroup
postings.

Old January 24th 05, 08:32 PM
Joe Carroll

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:15:53 -0500, Mike Romain >
wrote:

>That is happening all over the usenet no matter what server you are on.
>
>Mike
>86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00
>88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Thanks, you could spend all day with the kill filter and still not get
anywhere...

Old January 24th 05, 11:47 PM
Steve

Actually, the server does make a difference. Some have better junk
filtering than others.

Request a free account on this server operated by the generous folks at
Freie Universität Berlin:

http://news.individual.net/

Keeps the junk to pretty much nil.

Steve
http://xjeep.dyndns.org

Old January 24th 05, 11:54 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Ditto.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old January 25th 05, 12:07 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"Joe Carroll" > wrote in message
>I changed from Qwest to Earthlink to get rid extremly poor service.

wow, that surprises me. until i moved to a non-servicable area, i was a
qwest dsl customer and hate that i cant get it where im at now. qwest has
the best TOS of any ISP ive ever had. although i only got 1.5mbps down, i
got 984k up and that was plenty to run my server out of my house. their TOS
was great. they give you the bandwidth and let you do anything you want
with it so long as you dont break the law. out here im on cable now and
while the speeds are better, the TOS prevents me from running a server on
their system so im forced to lease a dedicated server. qwest will be out in
my area in the next 6 months, and ill be the first to sign back on with
them.

--

Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

Old January 25th 05, 03:19 PM
Joe Carroll

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:07:09 -0700, "Nathan W. Collier"
> wrote:

>"Joe Carroll" > wrote in message
.. .
>>I changed from Qwest to Earthlink to get rid extremly poor service.

>wow, that surprises me. until i moved to a non-servicable area, i was a
>qwest dsl customer and hate that i cant get it where im at now.

Nathan,
Qwest problem was just with their usenet servers. My post would go
missing or or I would sometimes just get part of posts. When I asked
a knowledgable Qwest technician he told that the servers were the old
US West equipment and were not being monitored or updated properly. I
have Qwest at work still but just got Internet cable at home with
Earthlink which is way faster and much more responsive to any service
issues. That said I appear to be getting a ton of nonsensical postings
with the Eartlink News servers. I may have to go back to free server
mentioned above.

Old January 25th 05, 03:38 PM
Joe Carroll

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:19:30 GMT, Joe Carroll
> wrote:

>On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:07:09 -0700, "Nathan W. Collier"
> wrote:
>
>>"Joe Carroll" > wrote in message
. ..
>>>I changed from Qwest to Earthlink to get rid extremly poor service.

Ok, For what it's worth I changed back to the Net News at
Individual.net and all the nonsense post are completely gone.

Old January 25th 05, 07:48 PM
Nathan W. Collier

"Joe Carroll" > wrote in message
> Qwest problem was just with their usenet servers.

ah ok, got it. i never used their usenet feed.

--

Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com