GTP and MOMO profile

Old January 21st 05, 12:58 AM
Ed White

Default GTP and MOMO profile

Hey all,
I had a great time racing the GTP mod last night, the night races are a very
nice improvement to the sim experience, it's very well done.
My question is about using the Logitech profiler with the mod, I setup a new
profile using C:\Program Files\Redline GTP\GTP_Launcher.exe as the
executable in the new profile, but I'm not able to get any of the button
programming to work.....all the in-game functions work fine, but the button
commands programmed using the Profiler have no effect in-game. Prolly
something I'm missing somewhere, anyone see it?
TIA, Ed

Old January 21st 05, 04:38 AM
elrikk

"Ed White" > wrote in message
> Hey all,
> I had a great time racing the GTP mod last night, the night races are a

very
> nice improvement to the sim experience, it's very well done.
> My question is about using the Logitech profiler with the mod, I setup a

new
> profile using C:\Program Files\Redline GTP\GTP_Launcher.exe as the
> executable in the new profile, but I'm not able to get any of the button
> programming to work.....all the in-game functions work fine, but the

button
> commands programmed using the Profiler have no effect in-game. Prolly
> something I'm missing somewhere, anyone see it?
> TIA, Ed

Works fine here, but using it with a Logitech Driving Force.

Try setting the "apply persistent profile" option under options ... global
profiler settings

Elrikk

Old January 21st 05, 08:53 PM
Neil Charlton

Hi Ed,

No help I'm afraid except to report that I have the same problem. I found
setting the global options in the profiler to persistent and selecting
NR2003 profile works but then it won't automatically select the profile for
rFactor or GTR

In addition, I also use GameCommander in a similar fashion and I can't
convince it to pick up any profile at all. Ctrl-Alt-Esc shows both the GTP
launcher and NR2003 running when GTP is in action. Like I said, I can fool
it into using a Wingman profile but no luck at all with GameCommander. I
could therefore also use some help here

Regards

Old January 21st 05, 08:53 PM
Neil Charlton

Old January 23rd 05, 11:21 AM
Neil Charlton

Got a tip from a guy on the RSC forum and found the solution Here's what
I did:

I copied the launcher file, renamed the copy to tmp.exe, set up my logitech
GTP profile to point to tmp.exe, went back and deleted tmp.exe. Now it works
perfectly! In short, the profiler needs to be directed to tmp.exe in the GTP
folder but this only exists whilst the game is running. Problem solved

Regards

Regards

Old January 23rd 05, 03:32 PM
Ed White

"Neil Charlton" > wrote in message
> Got a tip from a guy on the RSC forum and found the solution Here's
> what I did:
>
> I copied the launcher file, renamed the copy to tmp.exe, set up my
> logitech GTP profile to point to tmp.exe, went back and deleted tmp.exe.
> Now it works perfectly! In short, the profiler needs to be directed to
> tmp.exe in the GTP folder but this only exists whilst the game is running.
> Problem solved
>
> Regards
>
> Regards

Wow! I'm not sure I understand why that works, but if it works, I'll ty it!
Thanks Neil,
Ed