HELP PLEASE: 96 GD. CARAVAN STUCK IN 2ND GEAR.

Old July 26th 07, 02:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Wally in Calgary[_2_]

Default HELP PLEASE: 96 GD. CARAVAN STUCK IN 2ND GEAR.

Gyzmologist Wrote:
> There are also pressure sensors, two from what I can remember, probably
> used by the TCM to recalibrate itself (at least, that's how I would
> have
> done it). Not sure what the symptom would be if one of these died, but
> limp mode seems likely.
>
> Bill Putney wrote:
> > Gyzmologist wrote:
> >> There are a number of sensors in the transmission that the TCM needs
> >> to coordinate shifts. If any one of these fail, it will enter into
> >> limp mode. My '90 Voyager did the same thing, and the turbine speed
> >> sensor was the cause.

> > There are only two such sensors that I know of. The "turbine speed
> > sensor" is more commonly referred to as the input speed sensor. The
> > other one is the output speed sensor.
> >
> > Bill Putney

Thanks for the replies. It was the shift solenoid which I replaced on
Sun. and it even reset the check engine light itself. It was a little
hard to get at and needed a 27mm socket to remove the neutral switch so
as to access the 3rd bolt on the SS.

--
Wally in Calgary
Wally in Calgary's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=523282

http://www.automotiveforums.com

problems shifting with manual transmission (stick), help, something is wrong [email protected] Technology 9 February 25th 06 08:32 PM
Jeep Wrangler Automatic: Stuck in Gear JeepJimmy8 4x4 0 July 10th 05 11:47 PM
Buzzing at startup/ring gear SmarSquid Honda 1 January 16th 05 03:46 AM
Speedo gear problem Jeff Scherb Jeep 2 December 19th 04 12:57 PM
No reverse gear on 2000 Saturn SL2 A/T 2000SaturnSL2 Saturn 6 October 6th 04 06:18 PM