who's still racing NR2003?

Old March 24th 10, 08:40 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy[_3_]

Default who's still racing NR2003?

Any leagues still running? I don't have it installed anymore, but I have a
decent archive from my Winxp days,
does it run well on vista and win7?

Old March 26th 10, 02:05 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jan Verschueren

"PlowBoy" wrote...
> Any leagues still running? I don't have it installed
> anymore, but I have a decent archive from my
> Winxp days, does it run well on vista and win7?

Haven't touched it in over a year and I don't know if people are still
running it for league use, but I can answer the Windows 7 and Vista
question, which is: no.

The reason is the way the sound is handled in the game, which already gave
rise to some problems under XP, depending on one's hardware. In Vista and
Windows 7 the "hardware abstraction"-idea has been implemented entirely
differently to what was envisaged in the Win98/early XP days. Which in turn
means running this game on Vista/Windows 7 means you're implementing
whatever hardware accelleration features NR2003 used to use in software for
compatibilities' sake. If one's got a monster rig, that'll sort of work, but
the performance will at best be level with more modern titles which use the
soundcard the right way for these operating systems.

Jan.
=---

Old March 29th 10, 07:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Gil

I have a friend who still runs 3 nights a week or so over IP. It's
getting to be a very exclusive club, though.

Personally, I haven't played the game in a year and a half, but I did
love it. If Sierra servers were still up I would still be playing at
least one night a week.

Old April 1st 10, 05:22 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy[_3_]

I agree,

I also have buddies that have the same PC they have had for what, 5 years,
running nr03... Me I'm in IT, so I basically have to move on, lol. if it
would run on Vista/win7 (I just don't feel the urge to boot to XP anymore),
I would run it I guess.

Old May 5th 10, 05:12 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
gumby

On 25/03/2010 6:05 PM, Jan Verschueren wrote:

> The reason is the way the sound is handled in the game, which already gave
> rise to some problems under XP, depending on one's hardware. In Vista and
> Windows 7 the "hardware abstraction"-idea has been implemented entirely
> differently to what was envisaged in the Win98/early XP days. Which in turn
> means running this game on Vista/Windows 7 means you're implementing
> whatever hardware accelleration features NR2003 used to use in software for
> compatibilities' sake. If one's got a monster rig, that'll sort of work, but
> the performance will at best be level with more modern titles which use the
> soundcard the right way for these operating systems.

This explains why it would lock up on with a sound loop on my PC when I
tried it on Vista. But I did get Nascar Heat running fine on Win764bit
yesterday.
Old May 5th 10, 09:22 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Penis Boy

only loser dinosaur boys would race that crap
Old May 5th 10, 09:26 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jan Verschueren

"gumby" wrote...
> On 25/03/2010 6:05 PM, Jan Verschueren wrote:
>> <snip>

> This explains why it would lock up on with a sound loop on
> my PC when I tried it on Vista. But I did get Nascar Heat
> running fine on Win764bit yesterday.

Apparently a recent (it dates from February, but I last helped a friend with
Win7 in december and have only been using 7 myself since last week)
DirectX11 update fixed a ton of compatibility issues with regard to stuff
written for earlier operating systems. I haven't tried NR2003 yet, but GPL
now runs fine without any soundcorruption on Win7-64bit.

Old May 6th 10, 02:16 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Gil

Say what you will, the game is still the best Nascar simulation for
online multiplayer. Hasn't been a game that can hold a candle to it
yet. Not into working my way through the ranks with IRacing. I just
want to jump in the car and drive Daytona.
Old May 6th 10, 04:09 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
GaryR

Fully understand not wanting to spend the time to get to where you can
race NASCAR officially in iRacing but there are pretty much always
Hosted Nascar races (cars and trucks) going on and I bet quite a few
leagues. If you really want the best online NASCAR, with the most
players, with the fewest glitches/warping/etc., then iRacing is it.

GR

Old May 7th 10, 04:17 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
SimRacerDude

On May 6, 11:09*am, GaryR > wrote:
> Fully understand not wanting to spend the time to get to where you can
> race NASCAR officially in iRacing but there are pretty much always
> Hosted Nascar races (cars and trucks) going on and I bet quite a few
> leagues. If you really want the best online NASCAR, with the most
> players, with the fewest glitches/warping/etc., then iRacing is it.
>
> GR
>

> >On Wed, 5 May 2010 18:16:58 -0700 (PDT), Gil > wrote:
> >Say what you will, the game is still the best Nascar simulation for
> >online multiplayer. Hasn't been a game that can hold a candle to it
> >yet. Not into working my way through the ranks with IRacing. I just
> >want to jump in the car and drive Daytona.- Hide quoted text -

Has anyone tried www.StockCarEvolution.Com recently ?

arca racing and nr2003 comparison Jim C Simulators 16 April 21st 08 01:09 PM
NR2003 Nascar Racing Mr T Simulators 9 September 8th 07 02:42 PM
NR2003 Dennis Croll Simulators 0 February 4th 07 09:57 PM
nr2003 Dennis Croll Simulators 1 November 27th 05 01:29 PM
NR2003 help Charles Brennan Simulators 3 October 11th 05 06:16 AM