It's Official!

Old December 6th 09, 05:57 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Wile E. Coyote

Default It's Official!

This is the deadest gaming group on Usenet. Even the flight-sim group is
now getting more posts per week.
Old December 6th 09, 07:00 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

(Wile E. Coyote) wrote:

> This is the deadest gaming group on Usenet.

That's because I haven't had an iRacing rant for a while. I'll try harder to
squeeze one out.

Andrew McP
Old December 6th 09, 09:48 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Alan_Bernardo

On Dec 6, 11:57*am, "Wile E. Coyote" > wrote:
> This is the deadest gaming group on Usenet. Even the flight-sim group is
> now getting more posts per week.

Flightsims are pretty popular. If you would have followed this group
early since its inception, you'd know it lags sometimes, like any
group.

Alan
Old December 6th 09, 11:03 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

"Wile E. Coyote" > wrote in
:

> This is the deadest gaming group on Usenet. Even the flight-sim group is
> now getting more posts per week.

Hello Tony the deli man aka aka twit. It's called
lurking. Try it sometime. There *is* a danger however: Your brain may
spontaneously start working.

Old December 7th 09, 05:35 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Dave[_65_]

On Dec 6, 8:57*am, "Wile E. Coyote" > wrote:
> This is the deadest gaming group on Usenet. Even the flight-sim group is
> now getting more posts per week.

First time back to the group in at least a year. Fortunately the
political stuff seems to have died down but the four letter insults
and boorish behavior continues.
Maybe next decade this will again be a place to discuss rather than to
denigrate.

dave henrie
Old December 7th 09, 05:46 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

Most are probably over at iRacing. There is so much on the forums it's a
joke! I sometimes need to drag myself away from the joint to stop myself
sitting there for hours on end. Here it's a matter of "I wonder if there's a
post today?". At iRacing it's "I wonder if I can get outa here in under 4
hours?"

Old December 7th 09, 02:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Wile E. Coyote

APLer wrote:

> Hello Tony the deli man aka aka twit. It's called
> lurking. Try it sometime. There *is* a danger however: Your brain may
> spontaneously start working.

Only a moron would lurk in a dead group. That would be you.
Old December 7th 09, 02:54 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
rcgldr[_2_]

Other than NFS Shift, there haven't been any new racing games released.
iRacing has it's own forum. The recent changes were announced a while ago,
so nothing really new there either. Plus there are iRacing threads at LFS
and RSC. I'm not an iRenter, mostly because I'm not interested in nearly
1 hour races, partially becuase I've been playing racing (and other) games
for over a decade and I've somewhat lost interest.

Like many, I'm interested in what the next new thing will be, in this case
rFactor 2.

Old December 7th 09, 05:37 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
GaryR

I split what little time I spend sim racing between SimRaceway and
iRacing. I like SimRaceway for the ease of mod/track installation. I
can see a practice going in a mod I don't have but would like to try
and one mouse click later it downloads, installs (including the
current tracks being used), starts rFactor (or GTR2), hooks me up to
the server and all I have to do is click "Race" and off I go. Takes
away all the hassle of mismatches and mod/track searching. People
there seem to want to race adn arean't a bunch of wreckers too.
Grabbed the Legends mod yesterday, fun little bastiges!

GR

Old December 7th 09, 11:46 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Wile E. Coyote

rcgldr wrote:

> Like many, I'm interested in what the next new thing will be, in this case
> rFactor 2.

No it isn't. Dirt2 gets released tomorrow and I have a free Steam coupon
for it from when I purchased my 5870. I never bought the first one and
they are promising more realistic physics than the first one so will see
how it is tomorrow.

Well it's official... Paddy's Pig[_3_] Auto Photos 26 February 18th 08 03:46 AM
Official: BMW M3 Convertible sjmassey BMW 0 January 17th 08 07:17 AM
ITS OFFICIAL...... rob Auto Photos 8 May 18th 07 12:28 PM
Making it official! Carl Rogers Driving 6 January 7th 07 06:37 PM
It's official! Steve Smith Simulators 16 April 30th 05 02:19 PM