Detroit Three executives

Old November 25th 08, 06:39 AM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Detroit Three executives

On Nov 24, 11:45*pm, Mike Marlow > wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 19:06:55 -0800 (PST), cast forth
> these pearls of wisdom...:
>

> > while you are free and happy to bash unions you seem oblivious to the
> > outrageous "compensation packages" the ****heads in suits who do
> > nothing all day- they make far more than the workers who earn their
> > wage in mind numbing *drugery day in day out. Show some respect

> Mind numbing drugery is nothing to respect. *
>
> Outrageous compensation packages, I can agree with - folks in suits wo do
> nothing all day, I can't. *It only shows how little you really understand
> about the various aspects of a business organization.
>
> --
>
> -Mike-

yeah, it's a scam
Old November 25th 08, 03:05 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
HLS

> Outrageous compensation packages, I can agree with - folks in suits wo do
> nothing all day, I can't. It only shows how little you really understand
> about the various aspects of a business organization.

A lot of corporations have some deadwood at the top. It is apparently
unpopular
to dismiss people at this level for a number of reasons.

I have seen suited thieves who were not fired, but were transferred sideways
to another
"opportunity".

I have seen the same pinstriped sapsuckers destroy the profitability and
morale of a
company due to their incompetence (and still be protected by their huddle of
coworkers).

I have seen them organize and implement acquisitions which are clearly
losers from the
onset, because their MBO bonus plan gives them 20% for completing
acquisitions.

The Peter principle is alive and well.

Old November 25th 08, 03:22 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Dioclese

"Tim" > wrote in message
>I wouldn't blame the Detroit Three executives. They were as well prepared
>as Paulson was. Why would they expect more detailed answers and plans were
>needed?

The Senate hearing?
Senators - hypocrites
Big 3 Execs - hypocrites
Self-righteous consumers - hypocrites
News media - you know that by now
All helped create the problems we're having now, or, ignored the symptoms.
Business as usual attitude got us here. The thing different here is the Big
3 Execs just don't get it. The retribution factor, from the consumer, due
the Big 3 slowness to change with the times just complicates matters. The
senate hearing as a result is a reflection of what those senators are
hearing from their constituents.

Oddly, more than half of the U.S. polled did not want to bailout banks.
Yet, here we are doing just that. Paulsen used fear tactics to get that to
pass. In the interim, we saw Paulsen change his mind a few times how to
attack the problem. Meanwhile, people were still losing their homes to
foreclosure. Corporate big whigs were partying up and still getting their
big multi-million bonues. Unemployment increased. The Big 3 Execs tried
fear tactics, and failed miserably. I don't see why there is a reason for
confusion or reason to question of why the senate hearing demanded a
detailed business plan. Some people tend to learn after being bashed in the
head a number of times. Even Senators...
--
Dave

Old November 25th 08, 03:27 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
HLS

"Dioclese" <NONE> wrote in message news:kJ6dnfIYB4WDl7HUnZ2dnUVZ_j-
> Oddly, more than half of the U.S. polled did not want to bailout banks.
> Yet, here we are doing just that. Paulsen used fear tactics to get that
> to pass. In the interim, we saw Paulsen change his mind a few times how
> to attack the problem. Meanwhile, people were still losing their homes to
> foreclosure. Corporate big whigs were partying up and still getting their
> big multi-million bonues. Unemployment increased. The Big 3 Execs tried
> fear tactics, and failed miserably. I don't see why there is a reason for
> confusion or reason to question of why the senate hearing demanded a
> detailed business plan. Some people tend to learn after being bashed in
> the head a number of times. Even Senators...
> --
> Dave

We have more of a politburo rather than a responsive and responsable
representative democracy. They seem to play their little games, enrich
themselves, and feed off the lobbyists.

An extreme attitude adjustment is indicated.

Old November 25th 08, 04:30 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Tim[_16_]

Mike Marlow wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 18:00:22 -0500, Tim cast forth these pearls of
> wisdom...:
>

>> How many times has Paulson changed his mind about what he is going to do?
>> The reason they need the loan is obvious. There is a credit freeze
>> caused by the banks.
>> The companies have other problems but this is what has caused them to go
>> to the government for loans at this time.
>>
>> The politicians were laying in wait, determined to make a show for the
>> electorate, who would rather have these companies fail or their workers'
>> standards of living drop than save an industry that helped improve the
>> blue collar worker's life to one that is the envy of the world.

> Come on Tim. You're coming across as an apologist for the automakers.
> What does it matter what Paulson did? The Big 3 came to town for a handout
> and it's perfectly reasonable to expect that they would have a well
> prepared case for a hand out if they really want one. It's also quite
> reasonable to expect they would not flaunt their stuff, coming into town in
> their private jets, etc. They blew it big time, in every sense.
>
> There is no credit freeze either. My daughter just bought a new car - her
> first car loan. Easily got financing for 7.5%. Had several offers
> hovering around that same mark. She's only 24 so she does not have the
> history that you or I have, so that's a pretty good rate for her. What
> kind of credit freeze is there Tim?
>
> Politicians always want to put on a show for the electorate, and I agree
> they did so this time. The problem is that the three stooges played right
> into it and made the show real.

There is a credit freeze in that the banks will not lend the car dealers
money, which is how they finance their showroom and car lot vehicles.

One case, your daughter's, does not disprove anything.
Old November 25th 08, 04:41 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
HLS

"Tim" > wrote in message news:d892d$492c1a2a$cef8ac46
> One case, your daughter's, does not disprove anything.

There does not seem to be any problem getting loans in this part of Texas,
if you have a good credit history, stable employment, etc.

The midwestern states have not been hit nearly as hard on the mortgage loan
forfeitures as the west coast and east coast...the heavily populated, high
real
estate market areas.

I am sure the floor plan loans are difficult.

Old November 25th 08, 08:14 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Tim[_16_]

HLS wrote:

> "Tim" > wrote in message news:d892d$492c1a2a$cef8ac46
>> One case, your daughter's, does not disprove anything.

> There does not seem to be any problem getting loans in this part of Texas,
> if you have a good credit history, stable employment, etc.
>
> The midwestern states have not been hit nearly as hard on the mortgage loan
> forfeitures as the west coast and east coast...the heavily populated,
> high real
> estate market areas.
>
> I am sure the floor plan loans are difficult.

Is your daughter a car dealer? Try reading the post.
Old November 25th 08, 09:25 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Tim[_16_]

HLS wrote:

> "Tim" > wrote in message news:d892d$492c1a2a$cef8ac46
>> One case, your daughter's, does not disprove anything.

> There does not seem to be any problem getting loans in this part of Texas,
> if you have a good credit history, stable employment, etc.
>
> The midwestern states have not been hit nearly as hard on the mortgage loan
> forfeitures as the west coast and east coast...the heavily populated,
> high real
> estate market areas.
>
> I am sure the floor plan loans are difficult.

Maybe you should phone the president and let him know. You would have
saved the country $800 Billion in additional money that they are going
to use to unfreeze the credit market.
Tell the president there isn't a problem because your daughter just got
a loan.
Old November 25th 08, 11:38 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.ford,rec.autos.makers.chrysler
HLS

"Tim" > wrote in message news:57561$492c5f44$cef8ac46

> Maybe you should phone the president and let him know. You would have
> saved the country $800 Billion in additional money that they are going to
> use to unfreeze the credit market.
> Tell the president there isn't a problem because your daughter just got a
> loan.

If you would read the post, you would realize I posted nothing about my
daughter.

The two posts are intermingled. Get your head out of your ass.

The credit market here in the midwest is not as bad as in other areas.. That
is
a fact, at this point.

Wall Street Executives Left with Millions: FRAUD will Continue News Consolidated [email protected] Driving 0 September 29th 08 12:25 AM
Vale Detroit AussieSeek.com Driving 0 June 22nd 05 07:55 PM
Detroit in CJ Greg Jeep 2 January 7th 05 03:34 PM