Vista license agreement is a joke

Old October 16th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson

Default Vista license agreement is a joke

(jason moyer) wrote:

> As much as it sucks, you're either going to stop playing
> new PC games or upgrade.

Unless I've missed something, DX10 is no different to DX9. You might
*want* the pretty new features, but you won't need them (it's not as if
DX9 games are slow or ugly, after all). There may be a couple of titles
who are "sponsored" to be DX10-only, but given the cost of Vista, it's
going to have to be one hell of a game!

Andrew McP

Old October 16th 06, 02:32 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Just another persons interpretation. I want to hear from Microsoft what
their TRUE intentions are here.

-Larry

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/index.php?p=116p://

Old October 16th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Activation isn't what's at issue here.

-Larry

Old October 16th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

I've had to re-activate after simply upgrading NIC drivers!

Then again, I completely replaced my Win2k3 server box and my copy of Win2K3
Server installed and activated without a whimper.

-Larry

Old October 16th 06, 03:37 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Someone

Yep, it will be time to move away from new games. To be honest, I'm worn out
by gaming right now, having enjoyed gaming for over 20 years, so perhaps I'm
luckier. I'll be looking to the new generation consoles for my gaming needs,
and that wont be including the XBox's.

ups.com...

Old October 16th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mitch.A

Can you read? Or is that too much to ask before inserting yourself ass
first into the conversation?

Microsoft general manager Shanen Boettcher was the interviewee. Unless it's
directly from Bill's mouth it doesn't count? Sheeeesh.... The interviewer
has zero to gain and everything to lose by misleading his readers.

All this whining about Vista is based on BULL****. If you legally own XP
and havent had any issues activating it then Vista will ALSO activate
perfectly. As MS says the procedure for moving a license is EXATCLY AS XP.
Why is that so hard to believe/comprehend?

Area51, The Grassy Knoll, Lockness, etc, etc all fit perfectly with your
non-argument....

It's funny to see the same bunch scrambling to post how they won't run Vista
blah blah blah. Ya know the exact same bunch that ran W98se for years after
XP was released cause it was "good nuff".... Most kiddies here can't go any
farther back than that LOL..

Who gives a **** if anyone here is going to run Vista or not BUT don't come
around handing out bags of bull**** telling everyone it's gold and not
expect to be called out by the actual truth..

Mitch

Old October 16th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Mitch, I don't know what has happened to you, but you've become quite the
annoyance of late.

I don't know where the guy that I used to enjoy racing with went, but I wish
he would come back.

-Larry

news

Old October 16th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
timmy thompson

Mitch.A wrote:
> Can you read? Or is that too much to ask before inserting yourself ass
> first into the conversation?
>
> Microsoft general manager Shanen Boettcher was the interviewee. Unless
> it's directly from Bill's mouth it doesn't count? Sheeeesh.... The
> interviewer has zero to gain and everything to lose by misleading his
> readers.
>
> All this whining about Vista is based on BULL****. If you legally own
> XP and havent had any issues activating it then Vista will ALSO activate
> perfectly. As MS says the procedure for moving a license is EXATCLY AS
> XP. Why is that so hard to believe/comprehend?
>
> Area51, The Grassy Knoll, Lockness, etc, etc all fit perfectly with your
> non-argument....

You need serious, SERIOUS, help.
Old October 17th 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ruud Dingemans

Larry wrote:
> Just another persons interpretation. I want to hear from Microsoft what
> their TRUE intentions are here.

Well, primarily, "Making money" of course. As always - what else would
you expect?

Regards, Rudy
(GPLRank: -27)
Old October 17th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mitch.A

What happened to me? What happened to you? You chimed in on this thread
and basically said you didn't even read the article yet you somehow twist
that into me being annoying? How does anything you said in your reply make
any sense after reading the article mentioned? Let me refresh your memory
with this quote.

>>>Just another persons interpretation. I want to hear from Microsoft what
>>>their TRUE intentions are here.

This article CLEARLY involves direct quotes FROM A MICROSOFT GM Larry. Do
you think it's faked by P.Thurott? That's a much bigger stretch of the
imagination than reality allows and anything more on that idea is simply
unreasonable.

How do you have XP setup/activated now? That's how you will activate/run
Vista. Ive upgraded my PC countless times since 2002 and reinstalled the
same version of XP Pro after each upgrade and the only MS requirement was
call the MS call center in India and go through 5 mins of number hassle.
That's exactly what you will do with Vista as the procedure is UNCHANGED,
this was stated directly from an MS rep in the article...

And that only happens with major upgrades. Between upgrades I use
BartPE/DriveImage to create a bootable CD from which you can restore
Driveimage partition backups. Works perfect every time and I expect it will
be patched to work just as well in Vista.

Mitch