Help Needed : Logitech Driving Force Pro

Old October 25th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Aid

Default Help Needed : Logitech Driving Force Pro

My wheel was working perfectly until tonight its had less than 5 hours use
since new and the two green LEDs just flash permanently....it shows up in my
XP Game Controllers screen and it shows up as being installed and ready to
use when i plug it into the USB port but it wont work.Nothing happens in the
calibration screen no movement at all.Its crazy how its started all of a
sudden....does anyone know what the flashing LEDs mean?

Many thanks for any help it will allow me to sleep

Old October 26th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jan Verschueren

"Aid" wrote...
> My wheel was working perfectly until tonight its had less
> than 5 hours use since new and the two green LEDs just
> flash permanently....it shows up in my XP Game
> Controllers screen and it shows up as being installed and
> ready to use when i plug it into the USB port but it wont
> work.Nothing happens in the calibration screen no
> movement at all.Its crazy how its started all of a sudden....
> does anyone know what the flashing LEDs mean?

The leds flashing means the wheel didn't initialise properly, so, like Uwe
says, the power for the FF motor might be missing or something broke in the
motor control.

Jan.
=---

Old October 27th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes[_1_]

"Jan Verschueren" > wrote in message

> "Aid" wrote...
>> My wheel was working perfectly until tonight its had less
>> than 5 hours use since new and the two green LEDs just
>> flash permanently....it shows up in my XP Game
>> Controllers screen and it shows up as being installed and
>> ready to use when i plug it into the USB port but it wont
>> work.Nothing happens in the calibration screen no
>> movement at all.Its crazy how its started all of a sudden....
>> does anyone know what the flashing LEDs mean?

> The leds flashing means the wheel didn't initialise properly, so, like Uwe
> says, the power for the FF motor might be missing or something broke in
> the motor control.
>
> Jan.
> =---

Make sure the Power plug is plugged in properly at the wheel end?

Old October 27th 06, 12:55 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Aid

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in message

> "Jan Verschueren" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Aid" wrote...
>>> My wheel was working perfectly until tonight its had less
>>> than 5 hours use since new and the two green LEDs just
>>> flash permanently....it shows up in my XP Game
>>> Controllers screen and it shows up as being installed and
>>> ready to use when i plug it into the USB port but it wont
>>> work.Nothing happens in the calibration screen no
>>> movement at all.Its crazy how its started all of a sudden....
>>> does anyone know what the flashing LEDs mean?

>> The leds flashing means the wheel didn't initialise properly, so, like
>> Uwe says, the power for the FF motor might be missing or something broke
>> in the motor control.
>>
>> Jan.
>> =---
>>

> Make sure the Power plug is plugged in properly at the wheel end?

Ok here is an update and many thanks to all the repliers it is
appreciated. I contacted Logitech UK and as its still in warranty he said i
could have a straight replacement...but he says my power supply has
gone...as plugging it in and unplugging it changes nothing and i dont get
the wheel moving anymore upon plugging it in....he said the power for the
flashing lights is coming from my USB port not the power supply as was
proven by unplugging it and two flashing lights is synonymous with that
....so all is fine and under warranty. Hope that helps someone else

Cheers