95 Intrepid - Windshield Wiper Problem

Old March 5th 06, 09:51 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Default 95 Intrepid - Windshield Wiper Problem

Have a 1995 Dodge Intrepid with a windshield wiper problem?
All the intermittent settings and the Low setting all work perfectly,
but the High setting only works momentarily and pauses.
Would it be more likely the switch or the motor at fault?

I am attempting to remove the switch so I can test it but the service
manual I have is not very usefull. Does the steering wheel need to be
removed in order to gain access to the control switch for the wipers or
is their a simpler way to remove it?

Also if anyone could tell me breifly what the wiring to the motor means,
I see a low wire, a high wire, of course a ground wire and a 4th wire
called park sense (I assume this is when the wipers come completely to
the rest position and the motor shuts off) As to the High and Low wires
does the low control the low and all intermittent settings and the high
for the high setting as a seperate power lead? Is their a way to
determine if the motor is at fault by testing the low and high leads to
the motor at the firewall connection without testing the internal
steering column switch?

Thanks In Advance.

bmw 5201 tourer wiper problem jcar BMW 2 August 25th 05 05:56 PM
Wiper fluid problem Fijoy George Honda 2 August 22nd 05 01:40 PM
'99 Intrepid trunk release problem Randy Chrysler 26 July 27th 05 04:00 PM
one wiper has poor windshield contact 92 100S 377 Audi 2 July 13th 05 01:22 PM
Windshield wiper installation: 2000 SL2 Eric Mark Saturn 3 December 3rd 04 02:27 AM