The Econoline To Breath It's Last Breath

Old December 9th 11, 04:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

Default The Econoline To Breath It's Last Breath

Been around since 1961, seems 2013 will be the end of the road.

This 1977 model shows some of the bad taste that existed in the 70s.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2011...NEWS/111209884

Patrick
Old December 9th 11, 11:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 12/9/2011 10:28, wrote:
> Been around since 1961, seems 2013 will be the end of the road.
>
> This 1977 model shows some of the bad taste that existed in the 70s.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2011...NEWS/111209884

> Patrick

Which sucks if the Transit is the only option. I have a 2011 E250
and the Transit not only is just too small, I do NOT like how it sits
lower to the ground than a Mustang. At least it looks like it from in
the 250 or my Titan.
Old December 12th 11, 12:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
C. E. White[_2_]

"WindsorFox<SS>" > wrote in message
> On 12/9/2011 10:28, wrote:
>> Been around since 1961, seems 2013 will be the end of the road.
>>
>> This 1977 model shows some of the bad taste that existed in the 70s.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2011...NEWS/111209884

>> Patrick

> Which sucks if the Transit is the only option. I have a 2011 E250 and
> the Transit not only is just too small, I do NOT like how it sits lower to
> the ground than a Mustang. At least it looks like it from in the 250 or my
> Titan.

Are you confusing the Transit van with the Transist Connect? The European
Transit van is pretty big. They have not sold those in the US yet, so I
don't know where you saw one. See:
http://www.ford.co.uk/Commercialvehicles/Transit for a look at a Transit
Van. See http://www.ford.co.uk/Commercialvehicles/TransitConnect for the
Eurpoean Tranist Connect. In the UK Ford sells all sort of "vans," even a
Fiest "van" (http://www.ford.co.uk/Commercialvehicles/FiestaVan).

Ed

Old December 12th 11, 05:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 12/12/2011 06:33, C. E. White wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> On 12/9/2011 10:28, wrote:
>>> Been around since 1961, seems 2013 will be the end of the road.
>>>
>>> This 1977 model shows some of the bad taste that existed in the 70s.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2011...NEWS/111209884

>>> Patrick

>> Which sucks if the Transit is the only option. I have a 2011 E250 and
>> the Transit not only is just too small, I do NOT like how it sits lower to
>> the ground than a Mustang. At least it looks like it from in the 250 or my
>> Titan.

> Are you confusing the Transit van with the Transist Connect? The European
> Transit van is pretty big. They have not sold those in the US yet, so I
> don't know where you saw one. See:
> http://www.ford.co.uk/Commercialvehicles/Transit for a look at a Transit
> Van. See http://www.ford.co.uk/Commercialvehicles/TransitConnect for the
> Eurpoean Tranist Connect. In the UK Ford sells all sort of "vans," even a
> Fiest "van" (http://www.ford.co.uk/Commercialvehicles/FiestaVan).
>
> Ed

Oh. Yeah that's different. I was basing that on the Connect already
here. When I pulled up beside one in the E-250 I couldn't even see the
driver it was so short.