Where are you and your Miata?

Old November 18th 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Default Where are you and your Miata?

That puts the U.K. tied with PA at 5. Where the heck is TX (4)?
I'll post the results here pretty soon as the rush has definitely subsided.
ANY LURKERS, NOW'S YOUR CHANCE!

Has been fun for me guys!
Chris
99BBB

Old November 19th 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Dana Myers

pws wrote:
> Dana Myers wrote:
>> miker wrote:
>>> Minneapolis MN... just getting first flurries <sigh>

>> Sorry to hear that. I'm probably going to go for a
>> 70-mile ride tomorrow here - on a bicycle. I'll
>> bring a windbreaker but probably won't need it. It'll
>> be raining soon enough, though...
>>
>> Dana

> Yeah, go ahead and rub it in.

Heh. Shame on me, but, take heart, it'll be wet, gray
and chilly here soon enough (though apparently not this
week).

> 70 miles, eh? I hate to say it in this newsgroup, but I need to ride my
> bicycle more and drive the Miata less.

Unfortunately, I had enough chores to do this morning that I
didn't get started riding until almost noon, and had a flat less
than a mile from the house! Rather than messing with a patch,
I walked back and swapped-in a new tube, but this made my departure
even later. On top of that, I had to be back earlier than
I'd hoped for a relative's birthday dinner, so it made for a
relatively short ride today - just 38 miles / 2,000 feet total climb
in about 2.5 hours.

If the weather forecast is accurate, I may be able to do the 70-mile
ride I want on Friday - I'll need it after Thursday :-)

This summer, I drove my Miata a lot less because I was riding a
lot more, but it makes me really appreciate the time I do drive
the Miata.

Dana
Old November 19th 07, 09:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Richard Phillips

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
> Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
>> Well, Pat (PWS) has mentioned a couple of times that only a small
>> handful of folks hang out on this group these days. While I'm not
>> usually inclined to try to prove him wrong, on this particular
>> issue, I would love to. Would everyone who see's this message,
>> please reply with CITY, STATE (and COUNTRY / PROVINCE if outside the
>> USofA)? I'd like to compile the info and post it here for everyone
>> to see. Hopefully the high volume posters (you know who you are!)
>> along with the occasional posters and even the "just lurking around"
>> crowd will reply. I'm thinking this could be not only fun but
>> educational in some way (could it make some of us American actually
>> look at the globe ;-) It could happen! I'll start it by throwing Sugar
>> Land, TX (sw Houston) into the ring.
>> Come on, let's see how far and wide our conversations go!

> Swindon, England. Technically it's an MX-5, because the Miata name
> was only used in North America.

Wasn't it actually called the MX-5 Miata in North America anyway? I
understand Miata is just what it's commonly refered to as over there?
I seem to recall reading that the NC is now just MX-5 and they have dropped
the Miata bit, so they could call it MX-5 everywhere (not sure about Japan
though)?

R.

Old November 19th 07, 01:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Pat wrote:
> This is clearly a plot by Iva and her friends to take the top spot.
> PA with a higher number than TX and CA?
> I think not, and we have had the interweb down here for several
> years. :-)

You betcha - I contacted all the PA Miata folks that I know and told
them to post here. ;-D

Actually if I'd really done that, there'd be a whole lot more than 5!

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old November 19th 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
McMahon

please reply with CITY, STATE (and COUNTRY
> / PROVINCE if outside the USofA)?

Santa Monica, CA ... U S of A

--
Steve McMahon
Green '07 Sport
Old November 20th 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

"Richard Phillips" > wrote in message
> Zog The Undeniable wrote:
>> Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
>>> Well, Pat (PWS) has mentioned a couple of times that only a small
>>> handful of folks hang out on this group these days. While I'm not
>>> usually inclined to try to prove him wrong, on this particular
>>> issue, I would love to. Would everyone who see's this message,
>>> please reply with CITY, STATE (and COUNTRY / PROVINCE if outside the
>>> USofA)? I'd like to compile the info and post it here for everyone
>>> to see. Hopefully the high volume posters (you know who you are!)
>>> along with the occasional posters and even the "just lurking around"
>>> crowd will reply. I'm thinking this could be not only fun but
>>> educational in some way (could it make some of us American actually
>>> look at the globe ;-) It could happen! I'll start it by throwing Sugar
>>> Land, TX (sw Houston) into the ring.
>>> Come on, let's see how far and wide our conversations go!

>> Swindon, England. Technically it's an MX-5, because the Miata name
>> was only used in North America.

> Wasn't it actually called the MX-5 Miata in North America anyway? I
> understand Miata is just what it's commonly refered to as over there?
> I seem to recall reading that the NC is now just MX-5 and they have
> dropped the Miata bit, so they could call it MX-5 everywhere (not sure
> about Japan though)?
>
> R.

Mazda clearly wanted to eliminate the 'Miata' name in the US, but after just
one year they seem to have given up as evident by the 2008 models on the
MazdaUSA web site once again being called the "MX-5 Miata."
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/disp...icl eCode=MX5
Speaking of car names, did you hear this weeks puzzler on Click and Clack?
Name three cars that are named with plural nouns. I can only think of the
Daihatsu Applause (assuming that applause is the plural of applause). Any
other ideas?

Old November 20th 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen[_2_]

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 08:02:13 -0500, Iva wrote:

> Pat wrote:
>> This is clearly a plot by Iva and her friends to take the top spot. PA
>> with a higher number than TX and CA? I think not, and we have had the
>> interweb down here for several years. :-)
>>

> You betcha - I contacted all the PA Miata folks that I know and told
> them to post here. ;-D
>
> Actually if I'd really done that, there'd be a whole lot more than 5!

Most likely. Many of these people would not, of course, drive white
Miatas. Here in Florida we prefer quality over quantity.

Leon

--
Leon Bess Bozo .)
Old November 20th 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

.. Here in Florida we prefer quality over quantity.

> Leon

Interesting thought from a guy with 2 Miatas ;-)

Chris
99BBB

Old November 20th 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Hey Steve, happy to have you weigh in! That puts CA at 4 with TX. Hopelessly
trailing both PA and the U.K.!

Thanks,
Chris
99BBB

Old November 20th 07, 03:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
George Jetson

2006 Galaxy Gray MX-5 Sport 6MT, LSD.

Rural Iowa, nearest town, Keystone.

Jim

FA: Flying Miata STB + Hood Prop for 1990 - 1997 Miata pws[_1_] Mazda 0 March 30th 07 02:00 PM
What about this Miata? JeffinMS Mazda 2 March 2nd 07 05:11 AM
2000SE miata top FS on miata.net classifieds pws Mazda 1 December 20th 05 08:29 AM
Miata A/C Jerry Mazda 3 July 30th 05 04:28 AM
What a Miata wants to be when it gows up - Mazda Miata mini monster truck.jpg (0/1) schism Mazda 13 November 27th 04 03:18 PM