One more week 'til Spring

Old March 17th 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Deputy Dog

Default One more week 'til Spring

"dwight" > wrote in message
. ..
> "66StangMan" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > "dwight" wrote:
> >> Wednesday was sunny and 70.
> >>
> >> Today, we have 2" of sleet and frozen rain, with a generous coating of
> >> ice everywhere. May change to snow overnight, with a layer of rain over
> >> all. Tomorrow will be a fair amount of scraping and shovelling.
> >>
> >> East coast Mustangs are going to delay their Spring bloom for another
> >> week yet.
> >>
> >> That's March for ya.
> >>
> >> dwight
> >> www.tfrog93.com
> >>

> > Dwight...I'm west of you, along the Susquehanna River, and we got dumped
> > on with close to 10" of the white stuff. They say we will get more
> > flurries in the next couple of days, and not start to warm back up till
> > maybe next Saturday. This is a bummer, cause one of the local drag

strips
> > was scheduled to open next weekend. Now it'll probably be the following
> > weekend, unless the weatherman is wrong and it warms up sooner, and this
> > white stuff melts, and the track facility can dry out.
> >
> > 66StangMan

> You got 10" of snow, and we were on the other side of the front and ended

up
> with a 2" ice pack. I'm not sure which is worse.
>
> For those of you who forget what an ice pack is (or never knew), see:
> http://www.tfrog93.com/digitals/daily.htm
>
> Daughter was supposed to be at work at 6:00 this morning, so I was out at
> 5:30 scraping and clearing off her car. (Then found out that she was going
> in two hours later.) No problem manuevering her car, though, since it's

FWD
> and the ice pack had a grainy texture on top, which actually helped.
>
> My son and his lady, visiting from New York, were "forced" to stay over an
> extra night, so that was a bonus out of this storm, at least.
>
> The difference between 10" of powder and 2" of ice... With that much snow,
> you need to get out as early as possible and start shovelling, before it
> begins to melt and gain weight. With the ice, I have to wait until it

begins
> to thaw, otherwise it's frozen to the surface and a bitch to remove. Oh,
> well... I can wait.
>
> dwight

My cardiologist would have shot me had he saw me digging out the 96GTS. I
left work about 2:00 pm and came home down rt82. The 96 did fine but there
were some other fools in 4wds of over the side.

Dave, also in South Eastern PA

Old March 18th 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

"Deputy Dog" > wrote in message

> "dwight" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> The difference between 10" of powder and 2" of ice... With that much
>> snow,
>> you need to get out as early as possible and start shovelling, before it
>> begins to melt and gain weight. With the ice, I have to wait until it

> begins
>> to thaw, otherwise it's frozen to the surface and a bitch to remove. Oh,
>> well... I can wait.
>>
>> dwight
>>

> My cardiologist would have shot me had he saw me digging out the 96GTS. I
> left work about 2:00 pm and came home down rt82. The 96 did fine but there
> were some other fools in 4wds of over the side.
>
> Dave, also in South Eastern PA

Weather brings out the stupid in some people, no question. Rain is always
bad enough, but this kind of stuff is dangerous. Still, some folks are
always in a huge hurry to prove how stupid they can really be.

dwight

Old March 18th 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jan

Joe wrote:
> Michael Johnson > wrote in
> :
>

>>Jan wrote:

> of

> another

>>>No sign of snow.
>>>Had a light rainshower yesterday, first in 6 weeks.
>>>Got brakes to work on my 66.
>>>Love living in sunny Florida.

>>I used to think living in Florida was great from a weather

> perspective.
>
>> Then I went to San Diego for a week one summer and found out what
>>constantly GREAT weather really feels like. There is no comparison,

> San
>
>>Diego wins hands down. I swear God air conditioned the outdoors

> there.
>
>> My nephew went through Marine Corp boot camp there and said the
>>whole time he was there (June through August) the weather was

> fantastic.
>
>> Basically, 75 and sunny all day and 65-70 all night.

> Living in SoFla, that sounds like a real nice place to vacation.
>

>>Granted you have to deal with the occasional earthquake and learn to
>>speak Spanish to function but everything has a catch. I've been in
>>Florida in the summer and talk about frying in the mid day sun. It is
>>brutally hot.

> Yeah, but you get used to it. In summer, you're pretty much in a/c all
> the time except going to and from your car.
>
> Having said that, for four to five months of the year the weather here
> is like what you described San Diego to be like.

It's damn near perfect right now in central FL, you don't sweat outdoors
unless you do some heavy work.

Jan
Old March 18th 07, 04:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jan

Joe wrote:
> Jan > wrote in
> :
>

>>dwight wrote:
>>
>>>Wednesday was sunny and 70.
>>>
>>>Today, we have 2" of sleet and frozen rain, with a generous coating
>>>of ice everywhere. May change to snow overnight, with a layer of rain
>>>over all. Tomorrow will be a fair amount of scraping and shovelling.
>>>
>>>East coast Mustangs are going to delay their Spring bloom for another
>>>week yet.
>>>
>>>That's March for ya.
>>>
>>>dwight
>>>www.tfrog93.com
>>>

>>No sign of snow.
>>Had a light rainshower yesterday, first in 6 weeks.
>>Got brakes to work on my 66.
>>Love living in sunny Florida.
>>

>>Jan

> Jan, where are you? Anywhere near Broward?

I work in eastern Orlando and live in Altamonte Springs (Seminole County)

Jan
Old March 18th 07, 06:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_1_]

"dwight" > wrote in message
. ..
> "Deputy Dog" > wrote in message
> >
> > "dwight" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> >>
> >> The difference between 10" of powder and 2" of ice... With that much
> >> snow,
> >> you need to get out as early as possible and start shovelling, before

it
> >> begins to melt and gain weight. With the ice, I have to wait until it

> > begins
> >> to thaw, otherwise it's frozen to the surface and a bitch to remove.

Oh,
> >> well... I can wait.
> >>
> >> dwight
> >>

> > My cardiologist would have shot me had he saw me digging out the 96GTS.

> > left work about 2:00 pm and came home down rt82. The 96 did fine but

there
> > were some other fools in 4wds of over the side.
> >
> > Dave, also in South Eastern PA

> Weather brings out the stupid in some people, no question. Rain is always
> bad enough, but this kind of stuff is dangerous. Still, some folks are
> always in a huge hurry to prove how stupid they can really be.
>
> dwight

94 today in sunny Tucson

Al

Old March 18th 07, 05:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
James[_6_]

Big Al wrote:
> "dwight" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> "Deputy Dog" > wrote in message
>>> "dwight" > wrote in message
>>> . ..

> it
>>> begins

> Oh,

>>> My cardiologist would have shot me had he saw me digging out the 96GTS.

>>> left work about 2:00 pm and came home down rt82. The 96 did fine but

> there
>>> were some other fools in 4wds of over the side.
>>>
>>> Dave, also in South Eastern PA

>> Weather brings out the stupid in some people, no question. Rain is always
>> bad enough, but this kind of stuff is dangerous. Still, some folks are
>> always in a huge hurry to prove how stupid they can really be.
>>
>> dwight
>>

> 94 today in sunny Tucson
>
> Al

Heck its going to be nearly 70 today right here in Boise ID
Old March 18th 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
goodnigh

"Jan" > wrote in message
> dwight wrote:
>> Wednesday was sunny and 70.
>>
>> Today, we have 2" of sleet and frozen rain, with a generous coating of
>> ice everywhere. May change to snow overnight, with a layer of rain over
>> all. Tomorrow will be a fair amount of scraping and shovelling.
>>
>> East coast Mustangs are going to delay their Spring bloom for another
>> week yet.
>>
>> That's March for ya.
>>
>> dwight
>> www.tfrog93.com

> No sign of snow.
> Had a light rainshower yesterday, first in 6 weeks.
> Got brakes to work on my 66.
> Love living in sunny Florida.

Out here in California it went from Winter to Summer.
There was no Spring.

Old March 18th 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

"James" <James@nospam> wrote in message
> Big Al wrote:
>> "dwight" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>> "Deputy Dog" > wrote in message

>> it

>> Oh,

>> there

>>> Weather brings out the stupid in some people, no question. Rain is
>>> always
>>> bad enough, but this kind of stuff is dangerous. Still, some folks are
>>> always in a huge hurry to prove how stupid they can really be.
>>>
>>> dwight
>>>

>> 94 today in sunny Tucson
>>
>> Al
>>

> Heck its going to be nearly 70 today right here in Boise ID

It hit a warm of 40 today, outside of Philly. Enough to let me clear the
driveway. The walk to the front door is invisible under the ice, and it'll
stay that way until Wednesday, when we're supposed to climb back to the 60s.

)

Old March 19th 07, 11:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_40_]

Jan > wrote in news:563s8bF27hq8lU2
@mid.individual.net:

> Joe wrote:
>> Jan > wrote in
>> :

rain

another

>>>No sign of snow.
>>>Had a light rainshower yesterday, first in 6 weeks.
>>>Got brakes to work on my 66.
>>>Love living in sunny Florida.
>>>

>>>Jan

>> Jan, where are you? Anywhere near Broward?

> I work in eastern Orlando and live in Altamonte Springs (Seminole

County)

> Jan

My son's going to UCF in the fall, so I expect to be in your
neighborhood every so often.
Old March 19th 07, 01:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Joe wrote:
> Jan > wrote in news:563s8bF27hq8lU2
> @mid.individual.net:
>
>> Joe wrote:
>>> Jan > wrote in
>>> :

> rain

> another

>>> Jan, where are you? Anywhere near Broward?

>> I work in eastern Orlando and live in Altamonte Springs (Seminole

> County)
>> Jan

> My son's going to UCF in the fall, so I expect to be in your
> neighborhood every so often.

What is his major?

TLC week for 93 ZJ Curtis Jeep 2 June 20th 06 12:43 AM
Second time in ONE week [email protected] Driving 20 February 25th 06 10:26 PM
One week with an Alfa GT Ivan Alfa Romeo 4 December 5th 04 01:34 PM
LFS S2 next week? Fillyourboots Simulators 1 October 26th 04 11:52 PM