can't get OBDII reader to work

Old April 1st 21, 10:35 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
micky

Default can't get OBDII reader to work

Foxwell NT301 OBDII code reader

Worked fine a year ago.

In my trunk for a year, but car is white so it doesn't get that hot,
doesn't get that cold because it's Maryland.

Now, no matter what button I push I get the One-Click I/M ReadinessKey
report.

I'd like to get DTCs, trouble codes!

Apparently a CD came with it, but I can't find that, so maybe I can DL
the software from Foxwell. Can't find it, can only find update
software.

OKay, that's good enough.

I download the NTWonder update file, but it's named
NT+Wonder+Installer_NT301_V5.20_20171107.pdf

It's labeled a PDF file, but it it won't display as a pdf file, or at
all, in either of two pdf readers.

So I rename it to be an .exe file. Then it won't run "on this
computer", windows 10.

Before I write to them, I wanted to see if you guys know what I am, or
they are, doing wrong. ???

Foxwell seems to be a respected company, and this device has a 4.5
rating out of 5 on over 12,000 ratings.

OTOH, one guy who gave it 1 star says "Tech support on the
manufacturer's website is a joke at best with broken links or updates."
That's what I've got, a broken update, and I also came across this page
https://www.foxwelltech.us/page-view.html that says

DEAR CUSTOMER
Thank you very much for visiting our website. Please note that we have
two websites, but you have no access to both websites with your
account** due to technical reasons.
You have to register** on one of the two websites according to the
actual situation. Should you have any issues, please feel free to
contact us

**But there is no way to register or log in!! Sound like some madman
fiddles with their website in the middle of the night.

Old April 2nd 21, 02:37 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hank Rogers[_4_]

micky wrote:
> Foxwell NT301 OBDII code reader
>
> Worked fine a year ago.
>
> In my trunk for a year, but car is white so it doesn't get that hot,
> doesn't get that cold because it's Maryland.
>
> Now, no matter what button I push I get the One-Click I/M ReadinessKey
> report.
>
> I'd like to get DTCs, trouble codes!
>
> Apparently a CD came with it, but I can't find that, so maybe I can DL
> the software from Foxwell. Can't find it, can only find update
> software.
>
> OKay, that's good enough.
>
> I download the NTWonder update file, but it's named
> NT+Wonder+Installer_NT301_V5.20_20171107.pdf
>
> It's labeled a PDF file, but it it won't display as a pdf file, or at
> all, in either of two pdf readers.
>
> So I rename it to be an .exe file. Then it won't run "on this
> computer", windows 10.
>
> Before I write to them, I wanted to see if you guys know what I am, or
> they are, doing wrong. ???
>

> Foxwell seems to be a respected company, and this device has a 4.5
> rating out of 5 on over 12,000 ratings.
>
> OTOH, one guy who gave it 1 star says "Tech support on the
> manufacturer's website is a joke at best with broken links or updates."
> That's what I've got, a broken update, and I also came across this page
> https://www.foxwelltech.us/page-view.html that says
>
> DEAR CUSTOMER
> Thank you very much for visiting our website. Please note that we have
> two websites, but you have no access to both websites with your
> account** due to technical reasons.
> You have to register** on one of the two websites according to the
> actual situation. Should you have any issues, please feel free to
> contact us
>
> **But there is no way to register or log in!! Sound like some madman
> fiddles with their website in the middle of the night.

Check out an auto parts store. Many will scan your car free.

Old April 2nd 21, 06:17 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
micky

In rec.autos.tech, on Thu, 1 Apr 2021 20:37:06 -0500, Hank Rogers
> wrote:

>micky wrote:
>> Foxwell NT301 OBDII code reader
>>
>> Worked fine a year ago.
>>
>> In my trunk for a year, but car is white so it doesn't get that hot,
>> doesn't get that cold because it's Maryland.
>>
>> Now, no matter what button I push I get the One-Click I/M ReadinessKey
>> report.
>>
>> I'd like to get DTCs, trouble codes!
>>
>> Apparently a CD came with it, but I can't find that, so maybe I can DL
>> the software from Foxwell. Can't find it, can only find update
>> software.
>>
>> OKay, that's good enough.
>>
>> I download the NTWonder update file, but it's named
>> NT+Wonder+Installer_NT301_V5.20_20171107.pdf
>>
>> It's labeled a PDF file, but it it won't display as a pdf file, or at
>> all, in either of two pdf readers.
>>
>> So I rename it to be an .exe file. Then it won't run "on this
>> computer", windows 10.
>>
>> Before I write to them, I wanted to see if you guys know what I am, or
>> they are, doing wrong. ???
>>

>> Foxwell seems to be a respected company, and this device has a 4.5
>> rating out of 5 on over 12,000 ratings.
>>
>> OTOH, one guy who gave it 1 star says "Tech support on the
>> manufacturer's website is a joke at best with broken links or updates."
>> That's what I've got, a broken update, and I also came across this page
>> https://www.foxwelltech.us/page-view.html that says
>>
>> DEAR CUSTOMER
>> Thank you very much for visiting our website. Please note that we have
>> two websites, but you have no access to both websites with your
>> account** due to technical reasons.
>> You have to register** on one of the two websites according to the
>> actual situation. Should you have any issues, please feel free to
>> contact us
>>
>> **But there is no way to register or log in!! Sound like some madman
>> fiddles with their website in the middle of the night.
>>

>Check out an auto parts store. Many will scan your car free.

Well, okay, but I'd still like to get the device I paid $65 for to
actually work.

But I did solve the problem. It was my mistake, but combined with some
very confusing web info by Foxwell that I describe above. The
Australian version of their website was a lot more clear and had a
proper version of NT Wonder to download.

obd reader gregz Technology 18 August 20th 11 04:02 AM
So what do we really want to wear to work? At first thought, most ofus would say, "It would be really cool if we could wear jeans to work all thetime. After all, I paid just as much for my jeans as I paid for that outfit Iwore to work yesterday. [email protected] Technology 0 April 21st 08 02:29 PM
Troopers write hundreds of tickets in I-70 work zone...but work hasntstarted yet 223rem Driving 17 March 8th 07 02:52 AM
Car Checker Code Reader For OBDII Gift Ideas! General 0 January 1st 07 02:39 PM
Want to do more side work? Want to bring more work into your shop? Connect2Mechanic.com Technology 33 March 18th 06 03:43 PM