Bailout Comment on a Corvette Forum

Old December 9th 08, 01:41 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

Default Bailout Comment on a Corvette Forum

On Dec 5, 3:09 pm, Bob I > wrote:
> Dad wrote:
>
> > > wrote in message
> > On Dec 3, 3:12 pm, WayneC > wrote:
> >> WayneC wrote:

> >> Dang, I'm sorry, I did it again! ...didn't mean to (re)post this
> >> in
> >> this newsgroup,
> >> Imy software tacked the newsgroup on as a recipient because I
> >> forgot to
> >> switch out
> >> of the newsgroup before writing an email to friends. I guess I
> >> need to
> >> find a way to
> >> prevent this that doesn't rely on my faulty memory.

> > 1. If the average Union Car Worker at GM makes $73 and some change
> > per
> > hour in wages and benefits (as reported on ABC Nightly News) ...
> > how
> > are they considered 'middle class' please ? 2. IF the Big 3 all
> > make
> > 'great cars' then how come every parking lot has at least 50%
> > asian
> > brand cars in it ?

Where I live it is far less than your guess.

>>Its because the average american consumer doesnt
> > have confidence in American made Cars any longer and they demand
> > the
> > best buy for their earned dollar . The Big 3 have had it pretty
> > good
> > for many decades when the american public was forced to buy
> > whatever
> > was being cranked out by them ; have you ever looked at the
> > interior
> > panels of an early 1970's Corvette ?? Enough said. Thanks.

> > On the other hand did you ever look at the interior panels of an
> > early
> > 1970's Honda? Let me know when you find one................

> Or Toyota or Datun or ...............................- Hide quoted
> text -

*REPLY: One might expect that from an early '70's Toyota or Datsun
or
*Honda ; I had a 1970 Toyota Corolla that was like a coffin on
*wheels . However, to make an early 1970's Vette (of all things)
with
*huge gaps in the interior panels or misaligned .. is without
*justification --- especially to Americas Icon Sports Car.

They were not made that way, did your new '70 Corvette come with those
gaps?

*GM didnt
*have any pride in the way they made their cars and its still the
same
*today otherwise parking lots would not contain 50% + Asian cars .

Again, where I live it is far less than your guess.

*I hope the Big 3 dont get a handout from Congress and hope an Asian
*AutoMaker buys them out. By the way...my PLASTIC Driver side
*exterior door handle just broke in two on my 1998 Chevy Van when i
*went to open the door ; GM's wonderful design to save a couple of
*dollars versus going METAL.

BFD, is that the one you use as a company truck only driven by you?

*Even my 2006 LS2 Vette is crap : 1. A/C compressor comes on and
stays on *without any call for cooling .

And your business is what? With your knowledge in that field you can't
explain to a dealer what needs to be fixed?

*2.Roof Panel creaks continuously when its over 60 f. outside.

Of course you took it in and had the adjustments needed and it is no
longer a problem?

*3. The RunFlat tires are excessively noisy as well as general noise
from the
*rear of the car .

Thought you took them off with less than 300 miles on them? Remember,
you tried to sell them a Super Car tires. When they are new they are
not noisy any more so than any other tire on the C6.

*4. Its near impossible removing the driver side
*engine cover because of the fuel line.

Never has been an issue, that's why it has a slot in it to clear the
fuel line.

*5. The 6 speed doesnt feel right until its FULLY warmed up .

Not an issue any time I drive mine, but then I reconize it as a
mechanism bathed in oil and oil reacts to temperature changes, so it
is allowed for because of that.

*6. Too much engine noise from the Cab.

Where are you when you're getting the noise from the cab? What was the
bragging about the headers and 3" pipes? Was that to make it less
noisy?

*Thank goodness i paid 'only' $40,000 for it new ; if i had
*paid $55,000 for one with all the goodies, Id really be upset.

Old December 9th 08, 02:29 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

I could have told you your 2006 Vette was crap. Wagoner and his cronies
are screwing Cadillac and Vettes owners the most by selling them junk for
way too much money. A 2006 Vette is really only worth about $30,000 the
rest is pure profit.

Well now with the credit crisis, folks cannot get car loans. Let's see how
many Corvettes and Cadillacs the general sells if all buyers must pay CASH.
I will be not very many. At least with borrowed money, you could maybe
tolerate the DEPRECIATION, but with cash, any depreciation is NOT
acceptable. Look to be selling lots of 2-4 year old cars for CASH.

I am looking for a C5 convertible for $20,000 but I have to build my self up
for working under the car all the time to fix the crap that breaks.

Vito

On Dec 5, 3:09 pm, Bob I > wrote:
> Dad wrote:
>
> > > wrote in message
> > On Dec 3, 3:12 pm, WayneC > wrote:
> >> WayneC wrote:

> >> Dang, I'm sorry, I did it again! ...didn't mean to (re)post this in
> >> this newsgroup,
> >> Imy software tacked the newsgroup on as a recipient because I forgot to
> >> switch out
> >> of the newsgroup before writing an email to friends. I guess I need to
> >> find a way to
> >> prevent this that doesn't rely on my faulty memory.

> > 1. If the average Union Car Worker at GM makes $73 and some change per
> > hour in wages and benefits (as reported on ABC Nightly News) ... how
> > are they considered 'middle class' please ? 2. IF the Big 3 all make
> > 'great cars' then how come every parking lot has at least 50% asian
> > brand cars in it ? Its because the average american consumer doesnt
> > have confidence in American made Cars any longer and they demand the
> > best buy for their earned dollar . The Big 3 have had it pretty good
> > for many decades when the american public was forced to buy whatever
> > was being cranked out by them ; have you ever looked at the interior
> > panels of an early 1970's Corvette ?? Enough said. Thanks.

> > On the other hand did you ever look at the interior panels of an early
> > 1970's Honda? Let me know when you find one................

> Or Toyota or Datun or ...............................- Hide quoted text -

REPLY: One might expect that from an early '70's Toyota or Datsun or
Honda ; I had a 1970 Toyota Corolla that was like a coffin on
wheels . However, to make an early 1970's Vette (of all things) with
huge gaps in the interior panels or misaligned .. is without
justification --- especially to Americas Icon Sports Car. GM didnt
have any pride in the way they made their cars and its still the same
today otherwise parking lots would not contain 50% + Asian cars .
I hope the Big 3 dont get a handout from Congress and hope an Asian
AutoMaker buys them out. By the way...my PLASTIC Driver side
exterior door handle just broke in two on my 1998 Chevy Van when i
went to open the door ; GM's wonderful design to save a couple of
dollars versus going METAL. Even my 2006 LS2 Vette is crap : 1. A/
C compressor comes on and stays on without any call for cooling . 2.
Roof Panel creaks continuously when its over 60 f. outside. 3. The
RunFlat tires are excessively noisy as well as general noise from the
rear of the car . 4. Its near impossible removing the driver side
engine cover because of the fuel line. 5. The 6 speed doesnt feel
right until its FULLY warmed up . 6. Too much engine noise from the
Cab. Thank goodness i paid 'only' $40,000 for it new ; if i had
paid $55,000 for one with all the goodies, Id really be upset.

Old December 11th 08, 07:23 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ken[_20_]

On Dec 8, 5:41*pm, "Dad" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> *Thank goodness i paid 'only' $40,000 for it *new ; *if i had
> *paid $55,000 for one with all the goodies, Id really be upset.

Like they say: "A fool his money are soon parted" and DILV is the
probably biggest fool anyone here has ever had the unfortunate
happenstance to meet