This morning's GM letter

Old December 23rd 08, 03:41 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

Default This morning's GM letter

Thanks. I went to that website and saw the mileage estimates. Found the
mileage estimate for the automatic equipped vette. 15 mpg.

Vito

.. .

Old December 23rd 08, 04:09 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
MikeSo

Uncle_vito wrote:
> Thanks. I went to that website and saw the mileage estimates. Found
> the mileage estimate for the automatic equipped vette. 15 mpg.

Which is exactly as I stated in my post.

Old December 23rd 08, 04:45 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

Yes, but the Nissan pathfinder gets 15/22 (I would never buy an 8 cylinder
mid sized SUV) to the Vettes 15/24. I discount the 24 hiway on the vette
because top speed there is 60 mph. Nobody drives a vettes on the hiway at
60 mph. Try 80 mph. I doubt the mileage is 24 while at 80.

Vito

m...

Old December 23rd 08, 05:10 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Uncle_vito" > wrote in message
> Thanks. I went to that website and saw the mileage estimates.
> Found the mileage estimate for the automatic equipped vette. 15
> mpg.
>
> Vito

Good, now take a look at what was said.....

* The HUMMER H3 has a lower annual fuel
cost than Nissan Pathfinder. Note 23

Hummer H3 is 4WD 5.3 13/16 Regular fuel $1778 Pathfinder 2WD 5.6L
Premium fuel recommended 13/19, $1921 Pathfinder 4WD 5.6L 13/18
Premium fuel recommended $2056. Now if you think those numbers a
screwed up, check them out. In other words GM and all the other auto
manufactures use what makes the best story for them.

I don't remember anything said about comparing it to the Corvette
automatic but here it is, 6.2L Premium fuel recommended 15/25 $1601.
While you're in there tell me how a 7.0L 6M gets the same annual $
fuel usage as the 6.2 6M?

If you don't feel $320 is important I have an address you can send it
to. While I wait I'll be enjoying the power and economy of the LS2 in
my C6.

Old December 23rd 08, 05:16 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Uncle_vito" > wrote in message
news
> Yes, but the Nissan pathfinder gets 15/22 (I would never buy an 8
> cylinder mid sized SUV) to the Vettes 15/24. I discount the 24
> hiway on the vette because top speed there is 60 mph. Nobody drives
> a vettes on the hiway at 60 mph. Try 80 mph. I doubt the mileage
> is 24 while at 80.
>
> Vito

You're right again, I have averaged near that speed on 600 mile trips
and got over 28 MPG. If I try a bit it will get 30 and I have seen 34,
but you are talking about something you need to try. On the other hand
it is more fun to get 15 MPG and drive the '64.

Old December 23rd 08, 05:38 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
uncle_vito

I agree.

Take care and have a great holiday, Dad.

Vito

.. .

Old December 24th 08, 12:09 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
MikeSo

Uncle_vito wrote:
> Yes, but the Nissan pathfinder gets 15/22 (I would never buy an 8
> cylinder mid sized SUV) to the Vettes 15/24. I discount the 24
> hiway on the vette because top speed there is 60 mph. Nobody drives
> a vettes on the hiway at 60 mph. Try 80 mph. I doubt the mileage is
> 24 while at 80.

And I would discount the 22 mpg highway for the Pathfinder if driven at
80mph.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

My '04 Automatic Coupe got over 28mpg at an average speed of 70mph on a trip
to California and Nevada this summer.

Can you do that with your Pathfinder? Would you want to?

--

Thanks,
Mike

Old December 24th 08, 12:26 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

Uncle_vito wrote:
> Yes, but the Nissan pathfinder gets 15/22 (I would never buy an 8 cylinder
> mid sized SUV) to the Vettes 15/24. I discount the 24 hiway on the vette
> because top speed there is 60 mph. Nobody drives a vettes on the hiway at
> 60 mph. Try 80 mph. I doubt the mileage is 24 while at 80.
>
> Vito

Absolutely correct the 24 mpg is a "dyno number" with a whole bunch of
"fudge factors" thrown in to reduce it. It is actually more like 29-30
mpg at a steady 80(primarily due to low engine RPM and aerodynamics).
Given your batting average, I think perhaps you should stay away from
the "technical" side of automotive engineering discussions.

Letter from GM Andrew DeFaria Corvette 48 December 10th 08 03:27 AM
Letter from GM [email protected][_2_] Corvette 0 November 20th 08 01:16 PM
Letter Of The Day Jonno Auto Photos 1 June 24th 07 12:21 PM
try caring the morning's sharp onion and Norbert will measure you [email protected] General 0 January 17th 05 11:59 AM