Finally, some pictures

Old May 6th 05, 01:21 PM
japhar81

"Carl Childers" > wrote in message
> In article >, Garth Almgren
> > wrote:
>
>> Around 5/5/2005 5:43 PM, Carl Childers wrote:
>>
>> > In article >, "japhar81"

>> > With all the money you're spending on tires, wheels, engine
>> > replacement,
>> > fuzzy
>> > dice and rap CDs... why not just buy a GT?

>> Because, _if_ you can find a dealer that has one to sell and _if_ they
>> were willing to sell for sticker (HA!), a 2005 Ford GT has a MSRP of
>> $143,345.00; Buying a plain jane V6 and swapping the engine will save
>> him roughly a hundred grand.

> Well, keep in mind japhar has already made a down payment on a new Cobra,
> so
> I'm sure acquiring a Ford GT would be trivially easy for him.

Cobra: $56k, Ford GT $145k...

Yep. Theyre about the same. Definately.

Old May 6th 05, 11:31 PM
66 6F HCS

"Garth Almgren" > wrote
> Because, _if_ you can find a dealer that has one to sell and _if_ they
> were willing to sell for sticker (HA!), a 2005 Ford GT has a MSRP of
> $143,345.00; Buying a plain jane V6 and swapping the engine will save him
> roughly a hundred grand.

Hell, just buy a "car in white" and drop in a Cammer 5.0. Sheesh!
--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289

Old May 6th 05, 11:43 PM
Garth Almgren

Around 5/6/2005 3:31 PM, 66 6F HCS wrote:

> Hell, just buy a "car in white" and drop in a Cammer 5.0. Sheesh!

That'd be sweet, but does Ford even sell "cars in white" to individuals?
I thought only "manufacturers" like Steeda and Saleen had access to them...

--
/ Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch <Former MW #7> \
| My V6stang: http://www.v6stang.com/v6stang |
Old May 7th 05, 12:19 AM
John C.

"Garth Almgren" > wrote in message
> Around 5/6/2005 3:31 PM, 66 6F HCS wrote:
>
> > Hell, just buy a "car in white" and drop in a Cammer 5.0. Sheesh!

> That'd be sweet, but does Ford even sell "cars in white" to individuals?

Yep, if you are an individual racer. Just fill out the application and
send it in with a copy of your racing paperwork. It's not intended to
(legally) use it on a public way though. The "Body inWhite" vehicles are not
issued VINs.
--
John C.
'03 Cobra Convt.

Old May 7th 05, 12:26 AM
66 6F HCS

"John C." > wrote
> Yep, if you are an individual racer. Just fill out the application and
> send it in with a copy of your racing paperwork. It's not intended to
> (legally) use it on a public way though. The "Body inWhite" vehicles are
> not
> issued VINs.

Then couldn't you get some sort of "kit car" status if you build it street
legal? How do the guys with scratchbuilt kits (superformance, Factory 5) get
theirs street legal without a VIN??

Old May 7th 05, 01:22 AM
John C.

"66 6F HCS" > wrote in message

> "John C." > wrote
> > Yep, if you are an individual racer. Just fill out the application

and
> > send it in with a copy of your racing paperwork. It's not intended to
> > (legally) use it on a public way though. The "Body inWhite" vehicles are
> > not
> > issued VINs.

> Then couldn't you get some sort of "kit car" status if you build it street
> legal? How do the guys with scratchbuilt kits (superformance, Factory 5)

get
> theirs street legal without a VIN??

The difference is that Ford specifies that it is NOT to be used on a public
way, and you acknowledge this on the sales document. Of course, some shady
operator could always buy up a salvage car for a VIN.
--
John C.
'03 Cobra Convt.

Old May 7th 05, 03:06 AM

"John C." > wrote in message

> "66 6F HCS" > wrote in message
>>
>> "John C." > wrote
>> > Yep, if you are an individual racer. Just fill out the application

> and
>> > send it in with a copy of your racing paperwork. It's not intended to
>> > (legally) use it on a public way though. The "Body inWhite" vehicles
>> > are
>> > not
>> > issued VINs.

>> Then couldn't you get some sort of "kit car" status if you build it
>> street
>> legal? How do the guys with scratchbuilt kits (superformance, Factory 5)

> get
>> theirs street legal without a VIN??

> The difference is that Ford specifies that it is NOT to be used on a
> public
> way, and you acknowledge this on the sales document. Of course, some shady
> operator could always buy up a salvage car for a VIN.
> --
> John C.
> '03 Cobra Convt.

first time you get pulled over and the VIN pops up as a salvage title when
they run your license plate, youre ****ed. Had this happen on my old 350Z
when the dealer screwed up VIN numbers.

Seems its a trick thieves use to make stolen cars 'legal'. The cops dont
like it much.

Old May 7th 05, 05:13 AM
John C.

<japhar81> wrote in message ...

> "John C." > wrote in message
> >
> > Of course, some shady operator could always buy up a salvage car for a

VIN.

> first time you get pulled over and the VIN pops up as a salvage title when
> they run your license plate, youre ****ed. Had this happen on my old 350Z
> when the dealer screwed up VIN numbers.
>
> Seems its a trick thieves use to make stolen cars 'legal'. The cops dont
> like it much.

LOL
<southern drawl> "Boy,... ya'll got some 'splainin' to do."

Yep, also quite popular for "resurrecting" rare and desireable
collectibles.
Caveat Emptor!
--
John C.
'03 Cobra Convt.

Need website Engine Pictures Jason Honda 6 April 28th 05 10:33 PM
Need old ASA and stock car pictures Charles F. Castor Jr. Simulators 0 April 10th 05 02:41 PM
Taking pictures of a cylinder without removing the head? Dennis Technology 3 February 6th 05 01:30 PM
Alfa GT Pictures PhilipS Alfa Romeo 6 August 13th 04 09:30 AM
Old Car Pictures Jack Ferman Antique cars 5 November 19th 03 08:38 AM