Installing steeda clutch quadrant

Old May 3rd 05, 04:52 AM

Default Installing steeda clutch quadrant

I've never installed a clutch quadrant before. I have an aftermarket
aluminum clutch quadrant in now. Can anybody point me to documentation
(pref. with pictures) as to removing & installing a new clutch quadrant?
I've already removed the clutch cable (also Steeda).

-Mike

--
Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!
http://www.MeltAwayCellulite.com/

Old May 4th 05, 04:28 AM

Ok, quadrant was a piece of cake to get installed. The cable... well.. diff
story. When I removed the old clutch cable the first time, it was bolted
onto a part... I don't know what that part one. Like, there was a metal
bracket attached to the middle of the cable (not exactly the middle, but
near it) and that metal bracket bolted onto some part near the bottom of the
car. Does anybody know where it bolts into? I need to bolt this back onto
that part with the Steeda cable in order to complete this. Thanks!

-Mike

Old May 4th 05, 07:13 AM
Brent P

http://www.geocities.com/tetraethyll...dacable001.jpg
> http://www.geocities.com/tetraethyll...leroute001.jpg

Checked my car again along with the stock cable that I took off. The stock cable
has two brackets, the one bolted to the master cylinder mount and the one bolted
to the frame rail. The third bracket shown in the picture at the bottom,
nearest the bell housing doesn't seem to be on my car at all. I couldn't see it
as best as I could see without jacking it up, and it's not on the stock cable,
which is where it should be if my car ever had it.

I simply have the steeda cable, cable tied at the master cylinder and then down
below by the K member. couldn't see exactly what I had it tied too. I did this so
long ago now.

In the box with the stock cable, quandrant stuff, is the bracket I removed from
the steeda cable as per instructions. It was clearly in the middle of the steeda
cable, as there is a bushing there for it.

Old May 4th 05, 09:02 AM

Well... you know the plastic piece that the C-clip goes onto near the end of
the cable that goes into the clutch fork? It's a cylinder-shape..
white/off-white in color. Well, that part broke off from the actual cable &
now there's too much slack in the cable. If I can get the cable "tightened"
(suspended w/ cable ties further away from the clutch fork) do you think
that will make it work? Or should I just buy another cable? I'm going to
experiment with it today. Thanks for the info, Brent!!

-Mike

Wrong Clutch Fork? Michael White Jeep 6 February 8th 05 02:33 AM
Need good clutch for '94 4Runner V6 Matt Lang 4x4 4 January 13th 05 11:40 PM
installing steeda tri-ax shifter 02 mustang gt Greg Hans Ford Mustang 4 January 13th 05 05:28 AM
Wacky Clutch Peter Pontbriand Jeep 14 December 19th 04 11:42 AM
Land Rover Series 3 Clutch bc 4x4 0 August 13th 04 03:36 PM