NASCAR 3 Leagues

Old November 3rd 05, 03:23 PM

Default NASCAR 3 Leagues

Oh boy... I am going to get blasted or something for this one ;-)

But does anyone know of any N3 leagues that are still being run?

Old November 3rd 05, 07:50 PM
Chad Rogers

I guess I would only ask why would they? Unless it's an old CPU issue, I
can't imagine why anyone would.

oups.com...

Old November 3rd 05, 08:31 PM
Goy Larsen

wrote:

> Oh boy... I am going to get blasted or something for this one ;-)
>
> But does anyone know of any N3 leagues that are still being run?

I'm not 100% sure, but SteveB's SRC web board still has some N3 activity
from time to time, might be a good place to ask...

http://www.simracingconnection.com/forum/

Beers and cheers
(uncle) Goy

"When two or more people are gathered together in my name,
they shall perform the Parrot Sketch..."

--Our Lord John Cleese--
Old November 3rd 05, 10:19 PM
MadDAWG

"Chad Rogers" > wrote in message
. ..
>I guess I would only ask why would they? Unless it's an old CPU issue, I
>can't imagine why anyone would.

simple really. it runs well on older hardware. Today's older hardware is a
super system for n3. Not everyone upgrades like most of us in here do.
Second compaired to NR2003 N3 is pretty easy to drive. Sure its not a full
blown sim by today's standards, but to be honest I race online for the fun
of compititon, not to know when my tires have overheated he second it
happens. If it was a good group of guys I'd run a N3 in a minute. Not to
mention with FSAA n3 dosen't look that bad.

MadDAWG

Old November 6th 05, 01:41 AM
Cliff Roman

During all of the leagues that I ever ran, I enjoyed the N3 leagues the
most.

Not sure why, but for some reason I really enjoyed that game online in
leagues.

Old November 6th 05, 01:44 AM
Cliff Roman

Thanks Goy

Old November 6th 05, 02:36 AM
Dave Henrie

"Cliff Roman" > wrote in
:

> During all of the leagues that I ever ran, I enjoyed the N3 leagues the
> most.
>
> Not sure why, but for some reason I really enjoyed that game online in
> leagues.

That was probably the peak of Sierra/Papyrus' research for online
racing. They did a multitude of beta patches(I bet the public never saw
all of them) and we got a very good racing platform. Sierra was still
committed. But something happened after N3. N4/2002 never seemed to get
the same attention and Sierra didn't seem comitted to debuging those titles
as they had with N3. By the time Nr2k3 came out...EA was already preparing
to buy out the Nascar license and Sierra had very little reason to continue
research and development.
They handed off the marketing of Nr2k3 to the mod teams and for a time,
this was good. But we never got fixes for the little things, like the odd
ride height bug in external cams and replays. We still have a dang good
title, but you are probably correct in assuming that N3 was the best.
Of course it was after N3 that things like the camber/castor settings
really began to affect steering and suddenly it was no longer enough just
to drive in a straight line. You had to compensate. The closer we got to
'real' the less the sim appealed to some users.

dave henrie
Old November 6th 05, 03:35 AM
Big Blue Racing

Soar Racing league I believe still runs N3
http://soaracing.com/

Old November 6th 05, 10:08 PM
Goy Larsen

Cliff Roman wrote:

Hey Cliff, long time no speak. Didn't connect the dots on the e-mail
addy there and had no idea it was you

Old November 13th 05, 02:56 AM
AldoNova

I have to agree with you.

N3 had enough options to make practice worthwhile but not so much as to
exclude all but the fanatics from being competitive and thus better races.
The community itself was pretty tight but large enough to support different
levels of ability.

All in all if N3 were back on TEN I'd be there now.

Brian
BH-Sarc

"Cliff Roman" > wrote in message
. ..
> During all of the leagues that I ever ran, I enjoyed the N3 leagues the
> most.
>
> Not sure why, but for some reason I really enjoyed that game online in
> leagues.
>

> "MadDAWG" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Chad Rogers" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>>I guess I would only ask why would they? Unless it's an old CPU issue, I
>>>can't imagine why anyone would.

>> simple really. it runs well on older hardware. Today's older hardware is
>> a super system for n3. Not everyone upgrades like most of us in here do.
>> Second compaired to NR2003 N3 is pretty easy to drive. Sure its not a
>> full blown sim by today's standards, but to be honest I race online for
>> the fun of compititon, not to know when my tires have overheated he
>> second it happens. If it was a good group of guys I'd run a N3 in a
>> minute. Not to mention with FSAA n3 dosen't look that bad.
>>
>> MadDAWG

NASCAR Mod for Rfactor? [email protected] Simulators 3 November 2nd 05 04:11 AM
NASCAR SimRacing: A faint pulse? Joe Simulators 14 September 2nd 05 07:50 PM
EA's New NASCAR Sim Fact Sheet David G Fisher Simulators 27 December 18th 04 02:07 PM
NASCAR Question tech27 BMW 46 November 15th 04 11:03 PM
FS: 1990 Hardees 'Cole Trickle' "Days Of Thunder" NASCAR PROMO Glass J.R. Sinclair General 0 January 27th 04 05:43 AM