1989 Ford Mustang GT has been sitting for 5 years

Old March 31st 08, 07:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
jonezzzman[_2_]

Default 1989 Ford Mustang GT has been sitting for 5 years

Just bought a 1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.0, 5 speed. Its been sitting for
about 5 years. Aside from the leaking heater core, it seems to run
great with 132k miles on it. Anyone have any insight on what to watch
out for? I'll definitely be changing the fuel filter, oil, etc. I'm
worried that varnish has formed in the fuel tank and fuel system. What
should I do before I drive it?

Thanks

Byron
Old March 31st 08, 01:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

jonezzzman wrote:
> Just bought a 1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.0, 5 speed. Its been sitting for
> about 5 years. Aside from the leaking heater core, it seems to run
> great with 132k miles on it. Anyone have any insight on what to watch
> out for? I'll definitely be changing the fuel filter, oil, etc. I'm
> worried that varnish has formed in the fuel tank and fuel system. What
> should I do before I drive it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Byron

Okay, who stole the rug?? There's a horrible echo in here now.

--

"As seen in the classified ads:

Learn how to get idiots to send you a dollar and their SSN.
Send $1 & your SSN to..." -- DarkFiber / BlockIP.org