Second Heater Core

Old March 14th 08, 04:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mike Coel

Default Second Heater Core

Yep, it's that time again, 147k miles, 1993 5.0
dripping out the green stuff by firewall on the ground
that strong sent of antifreeze inside the car
that dense fog on the inside of the front windshield above the vent.
no full temp on the temp gauge
Can't drive it this way, I get gassed.
guess I get to be a few hundred bucks lighter,
Second heater core, other went out at 95k

Old March 14th 08, 11:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Mike Coel wrote:
> Yep, it's that time again, 147k miles, 1993 5.0
> dripping out the green stuff by firewall on the ground
> that strong sent of antifreeze inside the car
> that dense fog on the inside of the front windshield above the vent.
> no full temp on the temp gauge
> Can't drive it this way, I get gassed.
> guess I get to be a few hundred bucks lighter,
> Second heater core, other went out at 95k

Do yourself a favor and buy the core from the Ford dealer because they
are made much better than the ones sold by the chain auto parts stores.
Old March 14th 08, 03:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jan Andersson

Michael Johnson wrote:
> Mike Coel wrote:
>> Yep, it's that time again, 147k miles, 1993 5.0
>> dripping out the green stuff by firewall on the ground
>> that strong sent of antifreeze inside the car
>> that dense fog on the inside of the front windshield above the vent.
>> no full temp on the temp gauge
>> Can't drive it this way, I get gassed.
>> guess I get to be a few hundred bucks lighter,
>> Second heater core, other went out at 95k

> Do yourself a favor and buy the core from the Ford dealer because they
> are made much better than the ones sold by the chain auto parts stores.

The kind of Ford quality where they fail before 100k?
Old March 14th 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Jan Andersson wrote:
> Michael Johnson wrote:
>> Mike Coel wrote:
>>> Yep, it's that time again, 147k miles, 1993 5.0
>>> dripping out the green stuff by firewall on the ground
>>> that strong sent of antifreeze inside the car
>>> that dense fog on the inside of the front windshield above the vent.
>>> no full temp on the temp gauge
>>> Can't drive it this way, I get gassed.
>>> guess I get to be a few hundred bucks lighter,
>>> Second heater core, other went out at 95k

>> Do yourself a favor and buy the core from the Ford dealer because they
>> are made much better than the ones sold by the chain auto parts stores.

> The kind of Ford quality where they fail before 100k?

That is better than failing at 50k which is what his replacement core
managed to achieve.
Old March 14th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_43_]

Michael Johnson > wrote in
:

> Joe wrote:
>> Michael Johnson > wrote in news:SO-
>> :

>> vent.

>> they

>> stores.

>>> That is better than failing at 50k which is what his replacement

core
>>> managed to achieve.

>> My '93's original core is still fine @ 149k - original hoses also
>> intact. Guess I should knock on some wood...

> The Grim Reaper of heater cores is heading to your garage as I type

this
> post.

Michael, if it springs a leak between before the end of the month, I'm
going to hunt you down!
Old March 14th 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Joe wrote:
> Michael Johnson > wrote in
> :
>
>> Joe wrote:
>>> Michael Johnson > wrote in news:SO-
>>> :

>>> vent.
>>> they
>>> stores.

> core
>>> My '93's original core is still fine @ 149k - original hoses also
>>> intact. Guess I should knock on some wood...

>> The Grim Reaper of heater cores is heading to your garage as I type

> this
>> post.

> Michael, if it springs a leak between before the end of the month, I'm
> going to hunt you down!

Hell, you have probably never used the heater in that car! Has the
temperature knob ever been turn off of stone cold? After all you live
in the Sunshine state.
Old March 15th 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_102_]

Michael Johnson > wrote in
:

> Joe wrote:
>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>> :

because

>> core
>>> The Grim Reaper of heater cores is heading to your garage as I type

>> this
>>> post.

>> Michael, if it springs a leak between before the end of the month,

I'm
>> going to hunt you down!

> Hell, you have probably never used the heater in that car! Has the
> temperature knob ever been turn off of stone cold? After all you live
> in the Sunshine state.

Actually, we had it midway last Wednesday night (albeit with the a/c
on). Rather cool (70 degrees) but muggy out, so we put the a/c on
outside air with the temp halfway between - dial pointing straight up.
Perfect environment.
Old March 15th 08, 03:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Joe wrote:
> Michael Johnson > wrote in
> :
>
>> Joe wrote:
>>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>>> :

> because
>>> core
>>> this
>>> Michael, if it springs a leak between before the end of the month,

> I'm
>>> going to hunt you down!

>> Hell, you have probably never used the heater in that car! Has the
>> temperature knob ever been turn off of stone cold? After all you live
>> in the Sunshine state.

> Actually, we had it midway last Wednesday night (albeit with the a/c
> on). Rather cool (70 degrees) but muggy out, so we put the a/c on
> outside air with the temp halfway between - dial pointing straight up.
> Perfect environment.

Sounds like a virtual blizzard for Southern Florida.

Heater core -Al or Cu? Jon C Technology 6 January 23rd 06 05:32 PM
Heater core Chuck Mazda 1 September 28th 05 10:19 PM
heater core bigpoppi37 General 2 September 28th 05 05:30 AM
Heater core Zog The Undeniable Mazda 1 September 24th 05 08:05 PM
84 / heater core / HELP! ''Key Corvette 12 December 12th 04 08:31 AM