Electrical bug

Old March 11th 10, 01:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Nasty[_3_]

Default Electrical bug

My 2000 Accord radio and aux power plug have quit working. They are
dead, no power. I can't find a fuse for them in either fuse box nor an
inline fuse. Am I just missing it or is there more to the story than
just a blown fuse?

Thanks in advance.
Old March 12th 10, 10:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dano58

On Mar 11, 8:51*am, Nasty > wrote:
> My 2000 Accord radio and aux power plug have quit working. They are
> dead, no power. I can't find a fuse for them in either fuse box nor an
> inline fuse. Am I just missing it or is there more to the story than
> just a blown fuse?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Well, there SHOULD be a fuse for the radio, and I am going to assume
that it also runs the power point. Check again.

Dan D
'07 Ody EX
Central NJ USA
Old March 12th 10, 10:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
LakeGator

On Mar 11, 8:51*am, Nasty > wrote:
> My 2000 Accord radio and aux power plug have quit working. They are
> dead, no power. I can't find a fuse for them in either fuse box nor an
> inline fuse. Am I just missing it or is there more to the story than
> just a blown fuse?
>
> Thanks in advance.

The radio and the auxiliary power plug are on the same fuse which is
in the fuse location on the inside of the passenger (starboard side)
door. I don’t recall the fuse number off the top of my head and am
away from my car and owner’s manual at the moment.
Old March 13th 10, 05:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Nasty[_3_]

LakeGator wrote:
> On Mar 11, 8:51 am, Nasty > wrote:
>> My 2000 Accord radio and aux power plug have quit working. They are
>> dead, no power. I can't find a fuse for them in either fuse box nor an
>> inline fuse. Am I just missing it or is there more to the story than
>> just a blown fuse?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

> The radio and the auxiliary power plug are on the same fuse which is
> in the fuse location on the inside of the passenger (starboard side)
> door. I don’t recall the fuse number off the top of my head and am
> away from my car and owner’s manual at the moment.

Crap. I knew it was gonna be a fore head slapper. It never occurred to
me to look for a THIRD fuse box, much less on the passenger side.

I'll drag my dummass out there in the morning.

Thanks.
Old March 14th 10, 05:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Nasty[_3_]

LakeGator wrote:
> On Mar 11, 8:51 am, Nasty > wrote:
>> My 2000 Accord radio and aux power plug have quit working. They are
>> dead, no power. I can't find a fuse for them in either fuse box nor an
>> inline fuse. Am I just missing it or is there more to the story than
>> just a blown fuse?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

> The radio and the auxiliary power plug are on the same fuse which is
> in the fuse location on the inside of the passenger (starboard side)
> door. I don’t recall the fuse number off the top of my head and am
> away from my car and owner’s manual at the moment.

It was number 9.

Damn shame I didn't ask BEFORE I pulled the damn radio out looking for
an inline fuse. <sigh>

Thanks again LakeGator.

electrical help Carjunky via CarKB.com Saturn 8 April 9th 07 11:51 PM
help with electrical on my gti dave VW water cooled 6 January 23rd 07 03:21 AM
electrical?? fionae BMW 1 January 5th 07 04:30 PM
69 electrical Jeff[_9_] Ford Mustang 2 August 1st 06 05:17 AM
Electrical ? 93 3.3 ncs Chrysler 7 January 20th 05 02:06 PM