99 GMC Safari, check engine soon

Old June 27th 06, 07:46 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default 99 GMC Safari, check engine soon

I have a 99 GMC safari that was working fine until later today that my
tranny started to shift rough (feels like I hit a speed bump), park to
the side and cheked the trans oil level and it seems to be within the
range, even with the outside temp. at 102 deg. Tranny starts to works
fine after checking the oil level then after about 20 mins problem came
back, feels like I hit a speed bump on the second gear then after a few
mins my Service Engine Soon came on and not sure if this is related to
my tranny. Would like to take the card to the dealer or goodyear to
service my tranny but not sure if this will take care of the problem,
any help is greatly appreciated.

Old June 27th 06, 11:38 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Take it to AutoZone, have them read the code that was set when the check
engine light came on, proceed from there once you know what the ECM
detected when the light comes on...otherwise you're just guessing.

Could be anything...may not even be tranny related...a bad Throttle
Position Sensor can even do that, among other things...

--
jeffcoslacker
jeffcoslacker's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=219638

http://www.automotiveforums.com