Acetone In Fuel Said to Increase Mileage

Old April 28th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Acetone In Fuel Said to Increase Mileage

Stan Weiss wrote:
> "John S." wrote:
> >
> > Stan Weiss wrote:
> > > Acetone In Fuel Said to Increase Mileage, Has anyone tried this?
> > > http://www.pureenergysystems.com/new...00069_Acetone/

> > I read in an article by H. Indenburg, P.E. that heard that gasoline
> > aerated with hydrogen will give an explosive increase in power.

> Acetone has been used as engine fuel for many years the only question is
> does it help gas mileage.
>
> It does have many properties like a very high anti-knock raing.
> http://www.turbofast.com.au/racefuel15.html
>
> The top cars built for the new Formula would all be sans supercharger.
> Maserati chose a straight six normally aspirated engine configuration.
> This configuration was based on A6SSG engine and allowed for an
> uncomplicated layout of valve gear, manifolding and ancillaries. Fueled
> by a mixture of 50% methanol, 35% petrol, 10% acetone, 4% benzol and 1%
> caster oil the engine produced an initial 220 bhp at 7,400 rpm. The
> petrol was only rated at 80 octane but with the acetone the fuel mix
> would burn faster. The benzol would ensure that the methanol and petrol
> mixed properly while the caster oil was necessary to alleviate the
> effects of the alcohol washing away the oil film from the cylinder
> walls. The entrant could easily increase power by using a more radical
> fuel mixture or by increasing the compression ratio.
> http://www.ddavid.com/formula1/maserati-250f.htm

Well, yes there have been many exotic fuels used in cars. In my youth
I loved the quarter mile drags...there were some eye-watering (and
corosive) mixes used. But the O.P was asking about jazzing up fuel for
normal everyday usage. A very poor idea, especially when the advice
comes from some website.

> And some day Mr. H. Indenburg and his hydrogen may well be in your tank.
> Stan

Hopefully H. Indenburg himself will avoid being put in the tank - he
has become a bit claustrophobic in old age. Yes, the Indenburg
additive may be the fuel of the future, but not aerated as an
enhancement to 93 octane gasoline.

Old June 26th 06, 11:34 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

| Has anyone tried this?
I don't know where to find acetone, this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetone says nail polish remover (
likely to cost > petrol @ M$1.92 or US¢ 51.89 per litre here ) is
acetone.
I suspect some oil companies may already put this in their petrol.
1 in Msia http://primax3.mymesra.com.my/ is secretive on its
content, & gives good torque, but makes exhaust noise very loud
( as if muffler broke ) for ½ hr whenever it replaces BP RON 97
.. Is this a typical symptom of acetone in petrol ?

Old June 26th 06, 02:34 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

John S. Wrote:

> Well, yes there have been many exotic fuels used in cars. In my youth
> I loved the quarter mile drags...there were some eye-watering (and
> corosive) mixes used. .

...Nitromethane + Propylene Oxide?:evillol:

--
jeffcoslacker
jeffcoslacker's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=219638

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old June 26th 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Has been PROVEN to be false.

--
Steve W.

Old June 26th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Steve W. wrote:

> Has been PROVEN to be false.

Yet high school dropouts and sociology majors are highly impressed.

Understanding emission numbers and how they work Steve H Honda 11 November 3rd 05 05:19 AM
L98: starts, but won't keep running. Dave Gee Corvette 15 October 22nd 05 08:43 PM
258 head swap? Steve G Jeep 8 October 4th 05 04:34 PM
Starting Problems McNick Jeep 12 October 1st 05 03:58 AM
Can 02 Mustang show which cylinder misfires on scanner? John Shepardson Ford Mustang 3 August 29th 05 03:40 AM