heater inspection

Old July 11th 17, 08:04 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]

Default heater inspection

On Monday, July 10, 2017 at 5:50:34 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 23:45:12 -0400, micky >
> wrote:
>
> >In rec.autos.tech, on Sun, 9 Jul 2017 09:09:37 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
> > wrote:

> >>When I lived in PA had many cars inspected. No one ever checked the
> >>defroster or the washers. One never checked brakes either.

> >I wish I could have found an inspector like that. Would have made my
> >life easier. One year when I was living in NYC more than Pa. I had my
> >car inspected in NYS, had Pensyslvania plates, and paid car insurance at
> >a NY address (because I wasn't trying to cheat the insurance company.)
> >The NY inspection made no sense, but I never got a ticket.
> >>
> >>I has a '64 Karmen Ghia convertible that I paid $15 for. The heat ducts
> >>were rusted out so no heat, no defrost. I used to carry a squeegee and
> >>an ice scraper. Many things on that car should never pass inspection,
> >>but I always had a sticker on it.

> >LOL

> On a Ghia convertible even WITH good tubes you could never get the
> cabin WARM. A gas heater was a good option in cold country.

My buddy used to have a Karmann Ghia. That guy was scared to death of the heater. I never saw him touch it nor would he let me fiddle with it. I'll take a Scirocco over the Ghia any day. In fact, I did have a Scirocco. Whoo Nellie!

Heater Pipe connected to the rear heater and engine 98 Dodge Caravan -Almazick- Dodge 1 April 22nd 08 04:20 AM
99 wrangler heater problems (can't turn heater off) Jamie Mello Jeep 0 July 8th 07 06:01 PM
1996 XJ 4.0 Cherokee Heater Controls, Heater Lukewarm WildWestAZ Jeep 4 November 29th 05 12:37 AM
Inspection 1 [email protected] BMW 4 October 20th 05 01:24 AM
Inspection II pp BMW 4 November 19th 04 05:37 PM