Want to save ebay ad for car I bought

Old June 29th 17, 03:51 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
micky

Default Want to save ebay ad for car I bought

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 27 Jun 2017 21:18:49 -0000 (UTC), Diesel
> wrote:

>micky >
Mon, 26 Jun 2017
>22:34:11 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:
>
>> I bought a car on ebay last Thursday, and his ad included ~60
>> pictures!, so I wanted to save them, and using Firefox, I clicked
>> on Save Page as, which is supposed to save every little part of a
>> webpage, and at least once I've tried that and it worked.
>>
>> But this time I did it with the original listing and the one that
>> shows up after I bought it and it only has the top screeen or two.
>> Even though there were 57 pictures, the top left hand corner
>> only had 12 pictures, but even those don't "work". The first one
>> shows but I can't get anything to show the others. The page is
>> dead compared to a usual ebay page where clicking on thigns makews
>> things happen.
>>
>> I copied all the text as a text file, but does anyone know I can
>> download all the pictures, other than doing 57 screen shots?
>>

>> This is not so I can later complain to the seller. I understand
>> the meaning of ASIS. It's mostly because I'll never get around to
>> taking pictures and he's already done a good job. (with the
>> exception of the dash. There are only 2 or 3 pictures of that and
>> it misses things I'm interested in, but nothing could be there
>> except maybe poisonous snakes that would have stopped me from
>> buying the car.

>CutePDF writer. 'Print' the page, save as pdf.

I used to have that on Windows Vista. I should get it again, and it
would probably work
Old June 29th 17, 04:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_]

micky > writes:

> In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:48:33 +0000, Stormin' Norman
> > wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 11:30:22 -0400, micky >
>>wrote:

>>>As you may have read, not using Complete, using the second choice, got
>>>me the pictures, so thank you for the generous offer but I have them
>>>now.

> I explain the terms I use in the next section, but first, I hate to say
> this: I tried twice using Complete before I posted my question, and it
> didnt' work either time, but now it seems to be working, exactly the
> same as without complete, that is the text is all the same height.
>>>
>>>I was away all day yesterday, getting the car, so I haven't looked at
>>>earlier subdirectories if there are any.
>>>
>>>The car seems quite good. More in another post.

>>"not using Complete"?? "Using the second choice"?? I have no idea
>>what either statement means, sorry.

> It was in another post, in responsse to someone, althought conceivably
> he had removed the ng you're reading and I didn't notice that and didn't
> put it back. I was taught that it is impolite to remove a newsgroup
> from the dist. list without saying so in the text, but when I pointed
> that out, a couple people insisted it was okay to do that. I still
> think it is rude, but I don't bring it up anymore.

If there was a followup header, I let GNUS do it's default action.
Otherwise GNUS will reply to all groups.

> In Firefox when you use Save Page As, there are 4 choices for Save as
> Type, from top to bottom in the drop-down list:
> Web Page Complete (*.htm,*.html);
> Web Page, HTML Only (*.htm,*.html);
> Text (*.txt,*.text),
> All files (*.*)
>
> I'm sure text won't work most of the time, but I havent' tested All
> Files yet. Maybe that means the files are saved but not in a way that
> the webpage can be redisplayed?
>
> And I've been using the first one, because it sounds more.... complete.
> Yet in this case HTML only saved the photos, but didn't save what makes
> the text more stylized, which I thought was in the html. Instead all
> the text came out the same size, though some was bold and a little was
> red (but iiuc those first level modifications preceded html and don't
> use html.)

There was some kind of Javascript hook into a font providing web
site on that page. Not surprised the font rendering changed
with the saved pages. Perhaps the design is such that it only works
when invoked from the font hosting site.

Personally, I despise sites messing with the fonts I've chosen and
I set my preferences accordingly.

--
Dan Espen
Old June 29th 17, 05:08 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech

On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 10:45:42 -0400, micky >
wrote:

> [...]
>has a trip computer already. I won't have to hunt in junkyards.)
>
>Black fabric covering sunvisors slightly tattered, but maybe can be
>repaired noicely, or just removed. Black vinyl underneath.
>
>Elastic holding top liner edges up, but eaay to replace. '88 Lebaron
>used velcro to do this. I had to drill out the rivets holding separate
>pieces of velcro, and I couldn't find replacments so I just used
>stick-on, which worked amazingly well. But the long elastic bands are
>a better design and will be easier to replace, at a fabric store.
>
>Nothing in the rear-view mirror works, but maybe a fuse.
>

>Other good things:
>
>Pins and pin-receivers to guide the door into place when closing it, if
>it ever sags, maybe because of Chrysler Lebaron's history of sagging
>doors. Also good, these doors are bolted on, not welded, so if they
>sag it will be for a different reason. The previous Lebaron a mechanic
>welded the sagging door back to where it didn't sag anymore as long as I
>had the car; took 35 minutes, charged me one hour's laber, which was
>fine.
>
>I was afraid because the dual overhaad cam chain is so long it would be
>loud, especially compared to a belt like I've had before, and the Toyota
>which is very quiet, but the Sebring seems quiet too, so far.
>
>Electric trunk. After they stopped making American convertibles after
>1976, when they resumed, they had forgotten a lot, and they would
>stupidly put a mechanical remote trunk release in them. That meant if
>you parked with the top down, someone could just climb over the door or
>over the trunk, and get to the latch and open the trunk. I think I
>converted one car, but the Toyota had no room for a direct cable,
>solenoid to latch, so I had to bend the cable 90^ and then the solenoid
>wasn't strong enough, and I didn't want a bigger solenoid. So finally
>I have a factory electric release with remote.
>
> (another mistake they made after 1983 was putting in prismatic
>day/night mirrors in convertibles, instead of tinted rear-view mirrors.
>With prismatic, when it's on Night and the top is down, every street
>light etc. etc. appears in the mirror, moving as you drive down the
>street. Now mirross on many cars dim electronically so that doesn't
>happen anymore. .)
>
>New fobs are only $11 and key blanks are only $8. They used to cost a
>fortune; what happened?
>
>Interior like new, except a tiny bit of seat stitching missing. .
>
>In the cigarette port in the console, I put my finger in and it didn't
>feel right. Eventually I found a penny in it, and eventually 7 pennies!
>But now it works and it works when the car is not running, which I
>prefer.
>

>There are a lot more Sebrings in junkyards than there were Toyota
>Solaras (never found one), so certain parts will, if I ever need any, be
>easier to find and much cheeper. I had lots of complaints about the

Several GOOD reasons there are more sebrings than Solaras in the
wrecking yards. Chrysler likely sold 100 times as many sebrings as
Toyota sold Solaras, and due to many difficulties with the Sebrings,
many more end up being scrapped with useable parts - although you may
find the parts you need are bad on every one of them --

One strong word of advice - if it is the 2.7L V6, make sure you ONLY
use quality synthetic oil, and change it more often than you might
think is necessary to prevent the oil "coking" problem which sent many
to an early grave.They also suffer from transmission problems - change
the fluid regularly and ALWAYS make sure you are using only the
Chrysler recommended fluid. There was also a lot of trouble with the
transmission solenoid pack - I believe there is an updated version
available for under $200.

There has also been quite a bit of front suspension trouble with those
cars - ball joints and lower control arm breakage

>And finally, a great looking car, gold with a black top, when nothing
>they've sold in the last 10 years looks as good to me. And only $2850.
>(Plus 60 to get to Philly, 22 for owners manual) I'm happy with it,
>and even if it turns out to be a financial mistake, I will still on
>average have done very well on used cars, so them's the breaks.

It will definitely look good sitting in your driveway if you keep it
clean. I hope you have better luck with it than many other owners have
had.

Old July 2nd 17, 07:10 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]

On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 12:40:20 PM UTC-10, Vic Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 14:43:45 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 <dsiyahoo.com>
> wrote:

> >> The Sebring ragtop is the only Chrysler I really like the looks of.
> >> But never enough to buy one.

> >Unfortunately, there's more to a car than it's body. Ain't that a bitch?

> Yep. Not a big deal for me though, since I've been happy with Chevys.
> I liked the looks of the Buick Reatta too, but did without.
> Reminds me. I had a workmate who had a 308 GTS. Magnum PI red.
> He hit a deer and asked me to take him to the shop to pick it up after
> it was repaired, and he parked it in my driveway while we had dinner.
> Never saw so many heads turning as cars drove by. The neighborhood
> kids were around like flies.
> That was as close as I ever came to the automotive elite.
> But I did have a Ferrari 308 GTS parked in my driveway for a couple
> hours.
> Coincidentally, my wife cooked spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.
> Still remember that day.

Congrats on coming so close to greatness. Can life get any better than having an exoitic Italian in your driveway while simultaneously eating spaghetti and meatballs? I think not!

My daughter's boyfriend has an old Honda Prelude parked in our space. My daughter said that the power steering didn't work. I assumed that he wanted me to have a look at the car and try to fix the problem. I come to find out that the power steering was taken out to reduce weight. "Hey wait a minute, does this car make a lot of noise?" She tells me it's a loud car. Uh oh... street racer. This could be not so good.