Want to save ebay ad for car I bought

Old June 26th 17, 11:34 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
micky

Default Want to save ebay ad for car I bought

I bought a car on ebay last Thursday, and his ad included ~60 pictures!,
so I wanted to save them, and using Firefox, I clicked on Save Page as,
which is supposed to save every little part of a webpage, and at least
once I've tried that and it worked.

But this time I did it with the original listing and the one that shows
up after I bought it and it only has the top screeen or two. Even
though there were 57 pictures, the top left hand corner only had 12
pictures, but even those don't "work". The first one shows but I can't
get anything to show the others. The page is dead compared to a usual
ebay page where clicking on thigns makews things happen.

I copied all the text as a text file, but does anyone know I can
download all the pictures, other than doing 57 screen shots?

This is not so I can later complain to the seller. I understand the
meaning of ASIS. It's mostly because I'll never get around to taking
pictures and he's already done a good job. (with the exception of the
dash. There are only 2 or 3 pictures of that and it misses things I'm
interested in, but nothing could be there except maybe poisonous snakes
that would have stopped me from buying the car.
Old June 26th 17, 11:46 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Muggles[_2_]

On 6/26/2017 5:34 PM, micky wrote:
> I bought a car on ebay last Thursday, and his ad included ~60 pictures!,
> so I wanted to save them, and using Firefox, I clicked on Save Page as,
> which is supposed to save every little part of a webpage, and at least
> once I've tried that and it worked.
>
> But this time I did it with the original listing and the one that shows
> up after I bought it and it only has the top screeen or two. Even
> though there were 57 pictures, the top left hand corner only had 12
> pictures, but even those don't "work". The first one shows but I can't
> get anything to show the others. The page is dead compared to a usual
> ebay page where clicking on thigns makews things happen.
>
> I copied all the text as a text file, but does anyone know I can
> download all the pictures, other than doing 57 screen shots?
>

> This is not so I can later complain to the seller. I understand the
> meaning of ASIS. It's mostly because I'll never get around to taking
> pictures and he's already done a good job. (with the exception of the
> dash. There are only 2 or 3 pictures of that and it misses things I'm
> interested in, but nothing could be there except maybe poisonous snakes
> that would have stopped me from buying the car.

I use Fireshot (add-in) with Firefox that takes screen captures of
entire webpages.

--
Maggie
Old June 26th 17, 11:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Taxed and Spent

On 6/26/2017 3:34 PM, micky wrote:
> I bought a car on ebay last Thursday, and his ad included ~60 pictures!,
> so I wanted to save them, and using Firefox, I clicked on Save Page as,
> which is supposed to save every little part of a webpage, and at least
> once I've tried that and it worked.
>
> But this time I did it with the original listing and the one that shows
> up after I bought it and it only has the top screeen or two. Even
> though there were 57 pictures, the top left hand corner only had 12
> pictures, but even those don't "work". The first one shows but I can't
> get anything to show the others. The page is dead compared to a usual
> ebay page where clicking on thigns makews things happen.
>
> I copied all the text as a text file, but does anyone know I can
> download all the pictures, other than doing 57 screen shots?
>

> This is not so I can later complain to the seller. I understand the
> meaning of ASIS. It's mostly because I'll never get around to taking
> pictures and he's already done a good job. (with the exception of the
> dash. There are only 2 or 3 pictures of that and it misses things I'm
> interested in, but nothing could be there except maybe poisonous snakes
> that would have stopped me from buying the car.

I just saved some e-bay listings of autos for sale, and the saved htm
file includes all the photos.

Got a link to the page?
Old June 26th 17, 11:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
.[_2_]

On 6/26/2017 5:46 PM, Muggles wrote:
> On 6/26/2017 5:34 PM, micky wrote:
>> I bought a car on ebay last Thursday, and his ad included ~60 pictures!,
>> so I wanted to save them, and using Firefox, I clicked on Save Page as,
>> which is supposed to save every little part of a webpage, and at least
>> once I've tried that and it worked.

>> But this time I did it with the original listing and the one that shows
>> up after I bought it and it only has the top screeen or two. Even
>> though there were 57 pictures, the top left hand corner only had 12
>> pictures, but even those don't "work". The first one shows but I can't
>> get anything to show the others. The page is dead compared to a usual
>> ebay page where clicking on thigns makews things happen.
>>
>> I copied all the text as a text file, but does anyone know I can
>> download all the pictures, other than doing 57 screen shots?

>> This is not so I can later complain to the seller. I understand the
>> meaning of ASIS. It's mostly because I'll never get around to taking
>> pictures and he's already done a good job. (with the exception of the
>> dash. There are only 2 or 3 pictures of that and it misses things I'm
>> interested in, but nothing could be there except maybe poisonous snakes
>> that would have stopped me from buying the car.

> I use Fireshot (add-in) with Firefox that takes screen captures of
> entire webpages.

The SingleFile with the required SingleFile Core extensions in the
Chrome browser allows for saving complete web pages as a single
hypertext file.
Old June 26th 17, 11:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
AMuzi

On 6/26/2017 5:34 PM, micky wrote:
> I bought a car on ebay last Thursday, and his ad included ~60 pictures!,
> so I wanted to save them, and using Firefox, I clicked on Save Page as,
> which is supposed to save every little part of a webpage, and at least
> once I've tried that and it worked.
>
> But this time I did it with the original listing and the one that shows
> up after I bought it and it only has the top screeen or two. Even
> though there were 57 pictures, the top left hand corner only had 12
> pictures, but even those don't "work". The first one shows but I can't
> get anything to show the others. The page is dead compared to a usual
> ebay page where clicking on thigns makews things happen.
>
> I copied all the text as a text file, but does anyone know I can
> download all the pictures, other than doing 57 screen shots?
>

> This is not so I can later complain to the seller. I understand the
> meaning of ASIS. It's mostly because I'll never get around to taking
> pictures and he's already done a good job. (with the exception of the
> dash. There are only 2 or 3 pictures of that and it misses things I'm
> interested in, but nothing could be there except maybe poisonous snakes
> that would have stopped me from buying the car.

I suppose someone more adept at all the various operating
systems and software versions will have a better answer but
I just right-click each image and select "save as". You
might find a date useful for a group of images such as
1706A.jpg, 1706B.jpg etc.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Old June 26th 17, 11:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]

On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 12:34:29 PM UTC-10, micky wrote:
> I bought a car on ebay last Thursday, and his ad included ~60 pictures!,
> so I wanted to save them, and using Firefox, I clicked on Save Page as,
> which is supposed to save every little part of a webpage, and at least
> once I've tried that and it worked.
>
> But this time I did it with the original listing and the one that shows
> up after I bought it and it only has the top screeen or two. Even
> though there were 57 pictures, the top left hand corner only had 12
> pictures, but even those don't "work". The first one shows but I can't
> get anything to show the others. The page is dead compared to a usual
> ebay page where clicking on thigns makews things happen.
>
> I copied all the text as a text file, but does anyone know I can
> download all the pictures, other than doing 57 screen shots?
>

> This is not so I can later complain to the seller. I understand the
> meaning of ASIS. It's mostly because I'll never get around to taking
> pictures and he's already done a good job. (with the exception of the
> dash. There are only 2 or 3 pictures of that and it misses things I'm
> interested in, but nothing could be there except maybe poisonous snakes
> that would have stopped me from buying the car.

You'll have to open each picture by clicking on the thumbnail and save it manually. Rt click on the photo and select the "save picture as" option. Yes, it's a lot of work.
Old June 27th 17, 12:16 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Muggles[_2_]

On 6/26/2017 5:52 PM, . wrote:
> On 6/26/2017 5:46 PM, Muggles wrote:
>> On 6/26/2017 5:34 PM, micky wrote:
>>> I bought a car on ebay last Thursday, and his ad included ~60 pictures!,
>>> so I wanted to save them, and using Firefox, I clicked on Save Page as,
>>> which is supposed to save every little part of a webpage, and at least
>>> once I've tried that and it worked.

>>> But this time I did it with the original listing and the one that shows
>>> up after I bought it and it only has the top screeen or two. Even
>>> though there were 57 pictures, the top left hand corner only had 12
>>> pictures, but even those don't "work". The first one shows but I can't
>>> get anything to show the others. The page is dead compared to a usual
>>> ebay page where clicking on thigns makews things happen.
>>>
>>> I copied all the text as a text file, but does anyone know I can
>>> download all the pictures, other than doing 57 screen shots?

>>> This is not so I can later complain to the seller. I understand the
>>> meaning of ASIS. It's mostly because I'll never get around to taking
>>> pictures and he's already done a good job. (with the exception of the
>>> dash. There are only 2 or 3 pictures of that and it misses things I'm
>>> interested in, but nothing could be there except maybe poisonous snakes
>>> that would have stopped me from buying the car.

>> I use Fireshot (add-in) with Firefox that takes screen captures of
>> entire webpages.

> The SingleFile with the required SingleFile Core extensions in the
> Chrome browser allows for saving complete web pages as a single
> hypertext file.

Interest point you make.

--
Maggie
Old June 27th 17, 01:34 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Meanie[_2_]

On 6/26/2017 6:34 PM, micky wrote:
> I bought a car on ebay last Thursday, and his ad included ~60 pictures!,
> so I wanted to save them, and using Firefox, I clicked on Save Page as,
> which is supposed to save every little part of a webpage, and at least
> once I've tried that and it worked.
>
> But this time I did it with the original listing and the one that shows
> up after I bought it and it only has the top screeen or two. Even
> though there were 57 pictures, the top left hand corner only had 12
> pictures, but even those don't "work". The first one shows but I can't
> get anything to show the others. The page is dead compared to a usual
> ebay page where clicking on thigns makews things happen.
>
> I copied all the text as a text file, but does anyone know I can
> download all the pictures, other than doing 57 screen shots?
>

> This is not so I can later complain to the seller. I understand the
> meaning of ASIS. It's mostly because I'll never get around to taking
> pictures and he's already done a good job. (with the exception of the
> dash. There are only 2 or 3 pictures of that and it misses things I'm
> interested in, but nothing could be there except maybe poisonous snakes
> that would have stopped me from buying the car.

Use the browser print option and print to PDF.

If you don't have a PDF print, download "cutePDF", install and select it
instead of your actual printer. It's basically a PDF converter and can
save ANY document or file as a PDF. Therefore, print the Ebay webpage as
a PDF and it'll save the entire content as it is. Then you can actually
print the file to your printer whenever you want to take the paperwork
with you.
Old June 27th 17, 01:59 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_]

micky > writes:

> I bought a car on ebay last Thursday, and his ad included ~60 pictures!,
> so I wanted to save them, and using Firefox, I clicked on Save Page as,
> which is supposed to save every little part of a webpage, and at least
> once I've tried that and it worked.
>
> But this time I did it with the original listing and the one that shows
> up after I bought it and it only has the top screeen or two. Even
> though there were 57 pictures, the top left hand corner only had 12
> pictures, but even those don't "work". The first one shows but I can't
> get anything to show the others. The page is dead compared to a usual
> ebay page where clicking on thigns makews things happen.
>
> I copied all the text as a text file, but does anyone know I can
> download all the pictures, other than doing 57 screen shots?

In the Firefox "Save As" dialog on the lower right you have choices:
Web Page complete
Web Page HTML only
Text Files
All Files

The Web Page complete option saves the web page HTML file with all the
links in the web page adjusted to use a local folder with the same name
as the HTML file. Like this:

Directory AAS_files <== folder
File AAS.html <== original page with links adjusted

All the images should be somewhere in that directory.

If you used some other option, someone attempting to help would need to
know what you did.

--
Dan Espen
Old June 27th 17, 04:22 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
micky

In rec.autos.tech, on Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:50:00 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

>On 6/26/2017 3:34 PM, micky wrote:
>> I bought a car on ebay last Thursday, and his ad included ~60 pictures!,
>> so I wanted to save them, and using Firefox, I clicked on Save Page as,
>> which is supposed to save every little part of a webpage, and at least
>> once I've tried that and it worked.
>>
>> But this time I did it with the original listing and the one that shows
>> up after I bought it and it only has the top screeen or two. Even
>> though there were 57 pictures, the top left hand corner only had 12
>> pictures, but even those don't "work". The first one shows but I can't
>> get anything to show the others. The page is dead compared to a usual
>> ebay page where clicking on thigns makews things happen.
>>
>> I copied all the text as a text file, but does anyone know I can
>> download all the pictures, other than doing 57 screen shots?
>>

>> This is not so I can later complain to the seller. I understand the
>> meaning of ASIS. It's mostly because I'll never get around to taking
>> pictures and he's already done a good job. (with the exception of the
>> dash. There are only 2 or 3 pictures of that and it misses things I'm
>> interested in, but nothing could be there except maybe poisonous snakes
>> that would have stopped me from buying the car.
>>

>I just saved some e-bay listings of autos for sale, and the saved htm
>file includes all the photos.
>
>Got a link to the page?

Su

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Chrysle...vip=true&rt=nc