A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto makers » Alfa Romeo
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Recommended insurer?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 25th 04, 06:13 PM
Simon Mason
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Recommended insurer?


"Hellraiser" > wrote in message
...
> Looking at getting an Alfa 155 2.0 Twinspark, but the insurance costs seem

a
> little scary - 800 quid or so, yet I'm 32, been driving company car last 7
> years, and a couple of SP30s. Anyone know of an Alfa-friendly and
> my-sort-of-person-friendly insurer?
>
> Hellraiser.........>


Try changing your name for starters ;-) I am 46 and it's 350 quid for my
1.8 156 with full NCB at Kwikfit.
Sjm


Ads
  #2  
Old April 25th 04, 06:37 PM
Hellraiser
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"Simon Mason" > wrote in message
...
>
> "Hellraiser" > wrote in message
> ...
> > Looking at getting an Alfa 155 2.0 Twinspark, but the insurance costs

seem
> a
> > little scary - 800 quid or so, yet I'm 32, been driving company car last

7
> > years, and a couple of SP30s. Anyone know of an Alfa-friendly and
> > my-sort-of-person-friendly insurer?
> >
> > Hellraiser.........>

>
> Try changing your name for starters ;-) I am 46 and it's 350 quid for my
> 1.8 156 with full NCB at Kwikfit.


LOL, I guess that would cause them to view me in an unfavourable light
Will enquire with Kwikfit and see how much they reckon, I can't see why it
should be so high though - admittedly, I do have a couple of SP30's but when
you do 36k+ per year it's statistically much more likely you'll get done,
particularly in the wilds of Staffordshire where the crime level must be so
low that they can afford to have coppers in vans catching naughty motorists
all day long

Cheers

Hellraiser..........>


  #3  
Old April 25th 04, 06:42 PM
SteveH
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hellraiser > wrote:

> > Try changing your name for starters ;-) I am 46 and it's 350 quid for my
> > 1.8 156 with full NCB at Kwikfit.

>
> LOL, I guess that would cause them to view me in an unfavourable light
> Will enquire with Kwikfit and see how much they reckon, I can't see why it
> should be so high though - admittedly, I do have a couple of SP30's but when
> you do 36k+ per year it's statistically much more likely you'll get done,
> particularly in the wilds of Staffordshire where the crime level must be so
> low that they can afford to have coppers in vans catching naughty motorists
> all day long


I think you've just hit the nail on the head here.

36k miles / year.

If I insure the 155 for 10k miles / year, I can get it for around 300
full comp.

Telling the truth about my 20k miles / year, it jumps up to 520.

--
Steve H 'You're not a real petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa Romeo'
http://www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800 - MZ ETZ300
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
BoTAFOT #87 - BoTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #
  #4  
Old April 25th 04, 07:09 PM
Hellraiser
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default


> > LOL, I guess that would cause them to view me in an unfavourable light


> > Will enquire with Kwikfit and see how much they reckon, I can't see why

it
> > should be so high though - admittedly, I do have a couple of SP30's but

when
> > you do 36k+ per year it's statistically much more likely you'll get

done,
> > particularly in the wilds of Staffordshire where the crime level must be

so
> > low that they can afford to have coppers in vans catching naughty

motorists
> > all day long

>
> I think you've just hit the nail on the head here.
>
> 36k miles / year.
>
> If I insure the 155 for 10k miles / year, I can get it for around 300
> full comp.
>
> Telling the truth about my 20k miles / year, it jumps up to 520.


Ah yes, but that's in my current company car - I'm (hopefully) changing jobs
soon, and will just be travelling to and from the office, so around 8k miles
per year. Still bloody expensive though - you'd have thought the more miles
you did, the cheaper it would be as you'd be more experienced behind the
wheel

Anyway Steve, how old are you, how much NCD and who do you insure with if
you don't mind me asking?

Hellraiser..........>


  #5  
Old April 25th 04, 07:30 PM
SteveH
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hellraiser > wrote:

> > Telling the truth about my 20k miles / year, it jumps up to 520.

>
> Ah yes, but that's in my current company car - I'm (hopefully) changing jobs
> soon, and will just be travelling to and from the office, so around 8k miles
> per year. Still bloody expensive though - you'd have thought the more miles
> you did, the cheaper it would be as you'd be more experienced behind the
> wheel
>
> Anyway Steve, how old are you, how much NCD and who do you insure with if
> you don't mind me asking?


5 years (protected) no claims.

Aged 30. Living in South Wales, insured with the RAC.
--
Steve H 'You're not a real petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa Romeo'
http://www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800 - MZ ETZ300
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
BoTAFOT #87 - BoTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #
  #6  
Old April 25th 04, 07:31 PM
SteveH
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

SteveH > wrote:

> Hellraiser > wrote:
>
> > > Telling the truth about my 20k miles / year, it jumps up to 520.

> >
> > Ah yes, but that's in my current company car - I'm (hopefully) changing jobs
> > soon, and will just be travelling to and from the office, so around 8k miles
> > per year. Still bloody expensive though - you'd have thought the more miles
> > you did, the cheaper it would be as you'd be more experienced behind the
> > wheel
> >
> > Anyway Steve, how old are you, how much NCD and who do you insure with if
> > you don't mind me asking?

>
> 5 years (protected) no claims.
>
> Aged 30. Living in South Wales, insured with the RAC.


Nearly forgot.... SP30 in June last year.
--
Steve H 'You're not a real petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa Romeo'
http://www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800 - MZ ETZ300
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
BoTAFOT #87 - BoTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #
  #7  
Old April 25th 04, 07:32 PM
Hellraiser
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

> > > Ah yes, but that's in my current company car - I'm (hopefully)
changing jobs
> > > soon, and will just be travelling to and from the office, so around 8k

miles
> > > per year. Still bloody expensive though - you'd have thought the more

miles
> > > you did, the cheaper it would be as you'd be more experienced behind

the
> > > wheel
> > >
> > > Anyway Steve, how old are you, how much NCD and who do you insure with

if
> > > you don't mind me asking?

> >
> > 5 years (protected) no claims.
> >
> > Aged 30. Living in South Wales, insured with the RAC.

>
> Nearly forgot.... SP30 in June last year.


Cheers for that Steve, all is not lost then

Hellraiser..........>


  #8  
Old April 25th 04, 07:33 PM
Hellraiser
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

One question I forgot to ask - which model 155 do you drive?

Hellraiser.........>


  #9  
Old April 25th 04, 07:56 PM
Catman
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hellraiser wrote:

> One question I forgot to ask - which model 155 do you drive?
>
> Hellraiser.........>


It's in his .sig
--
Catman MIB#14 SKoGA#6 TEAR#4 BOTAFOF#38 Apostle#21 COSOC#3
Tyger, Tyger Burning Bright (Remove rust to reply)
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7
Triumph Speed Triple: Black with extra black bits
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
  #10  
Old April 25th 04, 08:05 PM
SteveH
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hellraiser > wrote:

> One question I forgot to ask - which model 155 do you drive?


2lt TS Lusso 'Narrowbody'. 10 years old on an L-plate.

ISTR the 75 is about the same.
--
Steve H 'You're not a real petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa Romeo'
http://www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800 - MZ ETZ300
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
BoTAFOT #87 - BoTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 AutoBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.