Just bought a infiniti j30i need advice

Old June 26th 06, 07:34 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Just bought a infiniti j30i need advice

Hi I just bought a 95 infiniti j30i. It has 103,000 I am not to
knowledgeable on cars in the fist place and took a look at this engine and it
is quite intimidating. The things that concern me are the oil looks and
smells pretty burnt (when you lift the hood you can smell somthing burnt also)
and also if car is switched from park to reverse it kinda jerks into gear (
doesnt happen if moved real slow). I will change the oil tommorrow as soon
as I find out what oil whould be best ( if anyone knows?), and see how it
burns. My question is if i was to take it to a shop ie pep boys are somthing
in that nature what type of check whould I want to get? What should I make
sure they check? People keep telling me be careful cause they will tell you
things are wrong that arent? Any advice on how I should go about seeing if I
sould keep this car are get rid of it would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
Old June 26th 06, 12:28 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Take it to AAA for a diagnostic and inspection...they don't do repairs,
so they have nothing to gain by lying about it...just an unbiased
assessment of the car's condition.

(PS next time, do that BEFORE you buy it...)

--
jeffcoslacker
jeffcoslacker's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=219638

http://www.automotiveforums.com