Gallery: Vintage 80s Dashboards.

Old August 17th 13, 08:02 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

Default Gallery: Vintage 80s Dashboards.

www.dvice.com The article at dvice.com says darkroastedblend.com has a ton more of them.
Old August 17th 13, 11:54 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 8/17/2013 3:02 PM, JR wrote:
> www.dvice.com
> The article at dvice.com says darkroastedblend.com has a ton
> more of them.

No thanks... I still say the '55 Studebaker Speedster and the original
Porsche 911 are tied for most attractive dashboard designs; nothing I've
seen yet makes me want to sit behind the wheel quite like those two.

nate
Old August 18th 13, 04:52 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
T0m $herman

On 8/17/2013 5:54 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 8/17/2013 3:02 PM, JR wrote:
>> www.dvice.com

After 11K miles, I still really like this one, even if other people do
not:
<http://firm-guide.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Honda-NT700V-Deauville-picture-2.jpg>.

>> The article at dvice.com says darkroastedblend.com has a ton
>> more of them.

This one was banned by SCOTUS under the cruel and unusual punishment
clause: <http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6219/6278476156_3193997b5f_z.jpg>.

No thanks: <http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6175/6189563853_bec02e9666_z.jpg>.

Meh: <http://www.motoringinvestments.com/images/c89_2/ist_whl.jpg>.

> seen yet makes me want to sit behind the wheel quite like those two.
>
> nate

This is Nate's dream car dashboard:
<http://www.stuffwecomeupwit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/509706133.jpg>.

--
T0m $herm@n
Old August 18th 13, 04:58 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 8/17/2013 11:52 PM, T0m $herman wrote:
> On 8/17/2013 5:54 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:
>> On 8/17/2013 3:02 PM, JR wrote:
>>> www.dvice.com

> After 11K miles, I still really like this one, even if other people do
> not:
> <http://firm-guide.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Honda-NT700V-Deauville-picture-2.jpg>.
>

>>> The article at dvice.com says darkroastedblend.com has a ton
>>> more of them.
>>>

> This one was banned by SCOTUS under the cruel and unusual punishment
> clause: <http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6219/6278476156_3193997b5f_z.jpg>.
>
>> No thanks... I still say the '55 Studebaker Speedster and the original

> No thanks:
> <http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6175/6189563853_bec02e9666_z.jpg>.

No thanks? That's freakin' gorgeous! (the upholstery is wrong in that
pic, BTW, it should be diamond stitched leather, but that doesn't
detract from the beauty of that dashboard. Or the rest of the car for
that matter.)

>> Porsche 911 are tied for most attractive dashboard designs; nothing I've

> Meh: <http://www.motoringinvestments.com/images/c89_2/ist_whl.jpg>.

Meh? really?

>> seen yet makes me want to sit behind the wheel quite like those two.
>>
>> nate

> This is Nate's dream car dashboard:
> <http://www.stuffwecomeupwit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/509706133.jpg>.

I sincerely hope that's custom and that Sanrio hasn't gone into the car
business.

Just for you :P

http://www.elitetoystore.com/v/vspfi.../AS001P-2T.jpg

Old August 18th 13, 05:13 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:58:26 AM UTC-5, Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 8/17/2013 11:52 PM, T0m $herman wrote:

> > After 11K miles, I still really like this one, even if other people do

> > not:

> > <http://firm-guide.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Honda-NT700V-Deauville-picture-2.jpg>.

> > This one was banned by SCOTUS under the cruel and unusual punishment

> > clause: <http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6219/6278476156_3193997b5f_z.jpg>.

> >> No thanks... I still say the '55 Studebaker Speedster and the original

> > No thanks:

> > <http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6175/6189563853_bec02e9666_z.jpg>.

> No thanks? That's freakin' gorgeous! (the upholstery is wrong in that
>
> pic, BTW, it should be diamond stitched leather, but that doesn't
>
> detract from the beauty of that dashboard. Or the rest of the car for
>
> that matter.)
>

> >> Porsche 911 are tied for most attractive dashboard designs; nothing I've

> > Meh: <http://www.motoringinvestments.com/images/c89_2/ist_whl.jpg>.

> Meh? really?
>

> >> seen yet makes me want to sit behind the wheel quite like those two.

> >> nate

> > This is Nate's dream car dashboard:

> > <http://www.stuffwecomeupwit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/509706133.jpg>.

> I sincerely hope that's custom and that Sanrio hasn't gone into the car
>
> business.
>

> Just for you :P
>

> http://www.elitetoystore.com/v/vspfi.../AS001P-2T.jpg

Google,,, Car dashboards of the 1940s (and 1930s) Some old dashboards are a real treat to look at. Especially the old Art Deco style cars of many years ago with the clear bakelite knobs and doohickys. Art Deco is my favorite style.
Old August 18th 13, 05:25 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 8/18/2013 12:13 PM, JR wrote:
> On Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:58:26 AM UTC-5, Nate Nagel wrote:

>>> After 11K miles, I still really like this one, even if other
>>> people do

>>> not:

>>> <http://firm-guide.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Honda-NT700V-Deauville-picture-2.jpg>.

The article at dvice.com says darkroastedblend.com has a ton

>>> This one was banned by SCOTUS under the cruel and unusual
>>> punishment

>>> clause:
>>> <http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6219/6278476156_3193997b5f_z.jpg>.

No thanks... I still say the '55 Studebaker Speedster and the original

>>> No thanks:

>>> <http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6175/6189563853_bec02e9666_z.jpg>.

No thanks? That's freakin' gorgeous! (the upholstery is wrong in that

>> pic, BTW, it should be diamond stitched leather, but that doesn't
>>
>> detract from the beauty of that dashboard. Or the rest of the car
>> for
>>
>> that matter.)

>>> Meh:
>>> <http://www.motoringinvestments.com/images/c89_2/ist_whl.jpg>.

>> Meh? really?

>>> This is Nate's dream car dashboard:

>>> <http://www.stuffwecomeupwit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/509706133.jpg>.

I sincerely hope that's custom and that Sanrio hasn't gone into the car

>> business.
>>

>> Just for you :P
>>

>> http://www.elitetoystore.com/v/vspfi.../AS001P-2T.jpg

> Google,,, Car dashboards of the 1940s (and 1930s) Some old dashboards
> are a real treat to look at. Especially the old Art Deco style cars
> of many years ago with the clear bakelite knobs and doohickys. Art
> Deco is my favorite style.

I agree, that's why I like the Stude so much... the style is right but
at the same time it's still clear, readable and well laid out.

A lot of late 50's and early 60's German dashes have a nice aesthetic
too, but the 911 in my mind is more usable than any of them, even if
they don't have the cool green-printing-on-glass theme of the earlier ones.

nate
Old August 18th 13, 05:28 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

Google,,, Art Deco Cars And www.delahayeusa.com If I was rich, (other than owning a little Island off the wild and wooley West Coast of Ireland) I know what I would buy.
Old August 18th 13, 07:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
T0m $herman

On 8/18/2013 11:28 AM, JR wrote:
> On Sunday, August 18, 2013 11:13:57 AM UTC-5, JR wrote:

>>> No thanks? That's freakin' gorgeous! (the upholstery is wrong in that

>>> pic, BTW, it should be diamond stitched leather, but that doesn't

>>> detract from the beauty of that dashboard. Or the rest of the car for

>>> that matter.)

>>> Meh? really?

>>> I sincerely hope that's custom and that Sanrio hasn't gone into the car

>>> business.

>>> Just for you :P

>>> http://www.elitetoystore.com/v/vspfi.../AS001P-2T.jpg

>> Google,,, Car dashboards of the 1940s (and 1930s) Some old dashboards are a real treat to look at. Especially the old Art Deco style cars of many years ago with the clear bakelite knobs and doohickys. Art Deco is my favorite style.

> Google,,, Art Deco Cars And www.delahayeusa.com If I was rich, (other than owning a little Island off the wild and wooley West Coast of Ireland) I know what I would buy.

Here is a classic from the 1980's:
<http://parrotheadjeff.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/DSCF0491C.jpg>.

Scary thing is that here in 2013, it is still in production, unchanged.
But while we no longer have a 55 mph national speed limit or mandated
85 mph maximum speedometer reading, it is still useful as sustained
speeds above 55 mph will certainly vibrate something loose (or numb),
and if you exceed 85 mph you have just gone over a cliff.

--
T0m $herm@n