Which of these 4 spots (2 on tire, 2 on wheel) are supposed to belined up?

Old July 19th 13, 04:45 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Geoff Welsh

Default Which of these 4 spots (2 on tire, 2 on wheel) are supposed tobe lined up?

jim beam wrote:
> On 07/18/2013 01:22 PM, blue bmw wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 10:02:32 -1000, Geoff Welsh wrote:
>>
>>> When any shop encounters someone who needs special attention or
>>> equipment or procedures above or beyond their "normal", they need to
>>> just say, "sorry, can't do it, have a nice day".

>> What you're saying is fraud and deception is fine by you.
>>
>> Whenever a customer asks for the contractually agreed upon
>> price, the shop should say "sorry, can't do it ... pay 25%
>> more than the contractually agreed upon and advertised price
>> or just leave".
>>
>> Well, that's fraud and deception.
>>

> geoff, case in point!!!

had to thread/unthread for a minute there, but I got what you meant.
Now I'm LOL
thanks for that, JB.
GW
Old July 19th 13, 04:49 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Geoff Welsh

blue bmw wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 07:43:42 -0700, jim beam wrote:
>
>> but wait, that's a rational response to an irrational lunatic that
>> doesn't want to know...

> So you too believe that torquing all vehicle's lug bolts
> and lug nuts to the *same* torque is rational behavior?

Tightening them to the same torque spec is indeed rational. Did you
think the front should be tighter? Or the back? Maybe the right side?
Right turns are tighter in the US.

GW
Old July 31st 13, 01:07 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Tekkie®

Default Which of these 4 spots (2 on tire, 2 on wheel) are supposed to be lined up? The truth

Angel A. posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

> On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 01:08:47 -0500, Vic Smith wrote:
>
> > Those dots are unscientific and meaningless.

> Then why are they *required* by law on all US automotive tires and wheels?

They are "required" by the vehicle manufacturer
because when the tire/wheel manufacturers QC their
products the parameters are measured as part of
this process. Thus the vehicle manufacturers have
several less steps to perform while mounting tires
to wheels in production.
--
Tekkie