2007 A3 - mechanics of opening the door

Old May 12th 11, 06:56 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Kevin McMurtrie[_3_]

Default 2007 A3 - mechanics of opening the door

When I open the door of my 2007 A3 3.2 after the car has been locked for
a while, electric motors whir for about three seconds. What's it doing?
It sounds a bit like it could be opening cabin air vents, but the sound
is difficult to locate.
--
I will not see posts from Google or e-mails from Yahoo because I must
filter them as spam
Old May 13th 11, 06:43 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Kevin McMurtrie[_3_]

In article >,
Kevin McMurtrie > wrote:

> When I open the door of my 2007 A3 3.2 after the car has been locked for
> a while, electric motors whir for about three seconds. What's it doing?
> It sounds a bit like it could be opening cabin air vents, but the sound
> is difficult to locate.

Tonight it was quiet in the garage and I could hear humming and gurgling
when I opened the door. It's the fuel system priming.
Old May 13th 11, 07:51 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
AD[_2_]

On May 13, 8:43*am, Kevin McMurtrie > wrote:
> In article >,
> *Kevin McMurtrie > wrote:
>
> > When I open the door of my 2007 A3 3.2 after the car has been locked for
> > a while, electric motors whir for about three seconds. *What's it doing? *
> > It sounds a bit like it could be opening cabin air vents, but the sound
> > is difficult to locate.

> Tonight it was quiet in the garage and I could hear humming and gurgling
> when I opened the door. *It's the fuel system priming.

I think Audi is running out of space under A3 hood and is offloading
non essentials such as A/C into the doors :^)
Old May 14th 11, 02:07 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Steve Daniels

On Thu, 12 May 2011 22:43:53 -0700, against all advice, something
compelled Kevin McMurtrie >, to say:

> In article >,
> Kevin McMurtrie > wrote:
>
> > When I open the door of my 2007 A3 3.2 after the car has been locked for
> > a while, electric motors whir for about three seconds. What's it doing?
> > It sounds a bit like it could be opening cabin air vents, but the sound
> > is difficult to locate.

> Tonight it was quiet in the garage and I could hear humming and gurgling
> when I opened the door. It's the fuel system priming.

My TT does the same thing, and I suspected it was the fuel pump
getting ready to do its thing.