Cadillac CTS 2003 wheel bearing noise

Old December 3rd 10, 09:49 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
SID

Default Cadillac CTS 2003 wheel bearing noise

Hi all;
I just got a 2003 Cadillac CTS with 110,000 miles. Seems like a nice
car But:
I hear a rumble when going low and medium speed, sounds a lot like
wheel bearings.I haven't yet rotated the tires to see if it is tire
hum, likely not because noise is a some lower speeds as well. I know
the CTS is rear drive independent suspension so my question is:

How difficult is it to change the rear bearings? My guess is that it
should be a sealed hub assembly. Just unbolt the axle (halfshaft) nut,
unbolt the assembly from the upright, and voila, reverse procedure to
install.

Are there any tricks to this repair. Any strange procedures for the
ABS sensors?

Thanks in advance
Gary / Atlanta
Old December 5th 10, 02:36 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
m6onz5a

On Dec 3, 3:49*pm, SID > wrote:
> Hi all;
> I just got a 2003 Cadillac CTS with 110,000 miles. Seems like a nice
> car But:
> I hear a rumble when going low and medium speed, sounds a lot like
> wheel bearings.I haven't yet rotated the tires to see if it is tire
> hum, likely not because noise is a some lower speeds as well. I know
> the CTS is rear drive independent suspension so my question is:
>
> How difficult is it to change the rear bearings? *My guess is that it
> should be a sealed hub assembly. Just unbolt the axle (halfshaft) nut,
> unbolt the assembly from the upright, and voila, reverse procedure to
> install.

Should be an unbolt/ remove/ bolt back up job.

> Are there any tricks to this repair. Any strange procedures for the
> ABS sensors?

don't hit them.

> Thanks in advance
> Gary / Atlanta

Wheel bearing or tire noise? Subtopic tire recommendation please. tonyw VW water cooled 3 July 11th 10 08:21 AM
bearing noise??? april1st Chrysler 6 June 8th 07 02:37 AM
2007 Cadillac CTS: Opinions? Josh Wyatt Technology 1 November 22nd 06 01:28 AM
Wheel Bearing Noise ? Audi 100 ~ Elektraman ~ Audi 4 July 19th 05 01:30 PM
Bearing Races Question and Wheel Bearing Pack Question Kevin Holzer VW air cooled 3 June 11th 05 05:51 AM