D15b3 vacuum line question

Old August 25th 11, 06:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Juan-Pierre Herboth

Default D15b3 vacuum line question

hi there.
I recently bought a 95 Honda ballade(I'm from South Africa elsewhere
its called a civic)
1.5 16v carb.
I recently replaced the timing belt and noticed a vacuum line that
have been blanked off.
It is part of 3 branches. One comes from the air intake to the air-
filter, the other from the
distributor housing(I assume it to be the vacuum advance) and the
blanked off one. They all come join up and seem to enter the back of
the engine (possible the carb).
My question is that I would like to know what this blanked off line is
for. I see that
there is what looks like it could be a connection on the distributor
cap, but I'm not sure.
I didn't get an owners manual with the car, I was able to download one
online, but its
for International models and does not include the carb model and thus
I cannot
determine what to do with it. The car drives fine, but I would like
things to be working the way they were designed to.
Kind regards
JP
Old August 26th 11, 03:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_4_]

On 08/25/2011 10:18 AM, Juan-Pierre Herboth wrote:
> hi there.
> I recently bought a 95 Honda ballade(I'm from South Africa elsewhere
> its called a civic)
> 1.5 16v carb.
> I recently replaced the timing belt and noticed a vacuum line that
> have been blanked off.
> It is part of 3 branches. One comes from the air intake to the air-
> filter, the other from the
> distributor housing(I assume it to be the vacuum advance) and the
> blanked off one. They all come join up and seem to enter the back of
> the engine (possible the carb).
> My question is that I would like to know what this blanked off line is
> for. I see that
> there is what looks like it could be a connection on the distributor
> cap, but I'm not sure.
> I didn't get an owners manual with the car, I was able to download one
> online, but its
> for International models and does not include the carb model and thus
> I cannot
> determine what to do with it. The car drives fine, but I would like
> things to be working the way they were designed to.
> Kind regards
> JP

maybe the online usa versions dating back to 87 or older will show it.

here, the civic went injected in 88, but i understand that with other
markets, the technology only crept in slowly - for instance, in europe,
they kept carbs for a generation longer than us, then as we went from
throttle body injection to 4-point, they got the throttle body injection.

worth looking.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Old August 26th 11, 05:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Juan-Pierre Herboth

thanx,Ill try finding a manual to look.How does one load pictures on
here?
Old August 26th 11, 05:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_4_]

On 08/25/2011 09:08 PM, Juan-Pierre Herboth wrote:
> thanx,Ill try finding a manual to look.How does one load pictures on
> here?

you can't directly, but you can load them to a photo sharing site, then
post the links. tinypic.com works just fine.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Old August 26th 11, 05:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Juan-Pierre Herboth

thanx.Ill take some and let you guys have a look at this old
technology=)
Old August 27th 11, 06:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Juan-Pierre Herboth

Hi guys.Here is some pics of the vacuum line and engine.Ive put some
comments on the pictures.Hope it helps=)
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...VacuumLine.jpg
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...tibutorCap.jpg
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...Connection.jpg
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...Vacuumline.jpg
Old August 27th 11, 06:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Juan-Pierre Herboth

I also noticed that I made a mistake.The vacuum line for the vacuum
advance is seperate,so the blanked off line is joined by the one from
the air intake and then into the whole 'manifold' of connections
joining up.

Old August 27th 11, 06:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Juan-Pierre Herboth

Hey guys.Looks like the previous links are buggy.Here is a link to the
album.Hope this works.
http://s1198.photobucket.com/albums/...vic/buggy.Here
is a link to the album.Hope this works.
http://s1198.photobucket.com/albums/...Honda%20Civic/