Decision Decision Decision...

Old November 3rd 04, 03:17 PM
Andrew Tsen

Default Decision Decision Decision...

No, not the campaign decision.

I currently have an 03 Accord Cpe EX-V6 and love her to death.
But the only thing that is bugging me about her is that she doesn't
have a Navi or an XM radio which I'd like to get.

XM I can get from the dealer for less than $300 and install it.
But Navi can get expensive. And I like taking road trips a lot that
I am the type of person that would appreicate a navi system.

I can even live with using my laptop with some sort of USB-GPS
system if I can't have a Navi installed.

So I thought... heck, maybe I'll trade the car in for the 05 model
and make it a 6-speed this time around and make sure that it has Navi
and XM before it comes home with me.

Opinions? Like if I should wait til 06 or 07 instead of 05?

Yes, negative comments are welcomed, too.

Another alternative is to go the same route with an Acura TSX,
but I'd want to stay away from 4 doors until I have a child or two.

Thanks.

Old November 3rd 04, 10:33 PM
D Ray

Andrew Tsen > wrote in message >...
> No, not the campaign decision.
>
> I currently have an 03 Accord Cpe EX-V6 and love her to death.
> But the only thing that is bugging me about her is that she doesn't
> have a Navi or an XM radio which I'd like to get.

Here's one for you -- includes XM's NavTraffic capability to give you
on-screen, realtime traffic display:

http://www.avic-n1.com/tech_downloads.asp
Old November 4th 04, 05:46 AM
Andrew Tsen

D Ray > wrote:

> Here's one for you -- includes XM's NavTraffic capability to give you
> on-screen, realtime traffic display:
>
> http://www.avic-n1.com/tech_downloads.asp

Oh sweet. Thanks for the info.

Old November 4th 04, 10:43 PM
Jim

> I currently have an 03 Accord Cpe EX-V6 and love her to death.
> But the only thing that is bugging me about her is that she doesn't
> have a Navi or an XM radio which I'd like to get.
>

> I can even live with using my laptop with some sort of USB-GPS
> system if I can't have a Navi installed.

This post is funny because I begged my wife to wait to get the NAV and XM.
She too has an 03 (EX-L). She was too impatient to wait and now wishes she
had. BUT.... she too loves the 03 nonetheless. We bought it leftover so
there were none left w/ Nav either let alone XM yet and the new models were
not expected to arrive for a couple more weeks. My only concern is Sirius
has some stuff XM doesn't that I would like. One of the major sports - I
forget which.

Anyway - we bought a map program w/ GPS for our laptop and we take it
everywhere. We love it! We use a converter in the lighter so the battery
doesn't die. I had to turn off screen saver / power save / sleep etc to keep
the GPS from stopping. I own the microsoft version - my friend the Delorme.
His GPS is more accurate for altitude and his map has VOICE directions which
are cool but the MS program has a cleaner look and a million more points of
interest. Neat thing is we can take this car to car. Bad thing is you can't
use w/o a co-pilot even on voice because it's not in front of you like built
in is. We share the software so we have the best of both. Bread crumb trails
are neat when just driving around the country. Downside is co-pilot misses
some sightseeing playing w/ all the features.

Jim / NJ

Old November 5th 04, 03:03 AM
Peter H

Andrew Tsen wrote:
> No, not the campaign decision.
>
> I currently have an 03 Accord Cpe EX-V6 and love her to death.
> But the only thing that is bugging me about her is that she doesn't
> have a Navi or an XM radio which I'd like to get.
>
> XM I can get from the dealer for less than $300 and install it.
> But Navi can get expensive. And I like taking road trips a lot that
> I am the type of person that would appreicate a navi system.
>
> I can even live with using my laptop with some sort of USB-GPS
> system if I can't have a Navi installed.
>

> So I thought... heck, maybe I'll trade the car in for the 05 model
> and make it a 6-speed this time around and make sure that it has Navi
> and XM before it comes home with me.
>

> Opinions? Like if I should wait til 06 or 07 instead of 05?
>
> Yes, negative comments are welcomed, too.
>

> Another alternative is to go the same route with an Acura TSX,
> but I'd want to stay away from 4 doors until I have a child or two.
>
> Thanks.

Let me see if I've got this right. You are talking about trading in a
vehicle which you "love" and is 2 years old or less so that you can
upgrade to a better radio, which is an upgrade that you could do to your
existing vehicle anyway and a "navi" system which is basically a $10
road map, but sells for 100 times the price...I can guess where you are
writing from... how 'bout that election... that "W" is someting isn't he !!

Peter H
Old November 5th 04, 03:36 PM
D Ray

> not expected to arrive for a couple more weeks. My only concern is Sirius
> has some stuff XM doesn't that I would like. One of the major sports - I
> forget which.

Sirius does have NFL games. But XM has MLB. Also, XM has much more
college sports -- with three complete conferences (ACC/PAC10/BIG10) --
Sirius has cherry-picked a few individual college teams.

But XM has much better music. No need to wait though -- you can go
spend $129 at Walmart and get a Roady2 and have XM now. One warning
-- there is no going back.
Old November 5th 04, 06:32 PM
Andrew Tsen

Peter H > wrote:

> Let me see if I've got this right. You are talking about trading in a
> vehicle which you "love" and is 2 years old or less so that you can
> upgrade to a better radio, which is an upgrade that you could do to your
> existing vehicle anyway and a "navi" system which is basically a $10
> road map, but sells for 100 times the price...I can guess where you are
> writing from... how 'bout that election... that "W" is someting isn't he !!

Hm... so you assume that you know what my political party is based on
what I want to do? And based on what I posted on the usenet.

This will go off-topic if I were to argue about my political views and
what I am registered or voted for.

Aside that... I already thought of getting an aftermarket or OEM XM.
And the $2 map isn't always around because I clean out my car more
often than not.

If my payment on the car will be the same with the 05 model, why not
just get a new car? It's still the same car (that I love).

Old November 5th 04, 07:14 PM
Howard Lester

"Andrew Tsen" wrote

> If my payment on the car will be the same with the 05 model, why not
> just get a new car? It's still the same car (that I love).

If you don't care that you'll making even more payments for years to come,
go right ahead.

And we wonder why so many people remain in debt for life....

Old November 5th 04, 10:52 PM
Jim

"D Ray" > wrote in message
m...
>> not expected to arrive for a couple more weeks. My only concern is Sirius
>> has some stuff XM doesn't that I would like. One of the major sports - I
>> forget which.

> Sirius does have NFL games. But XM has MLB. Also, XM has much more
> college sports -- with three complete conferences (ACC/PAC10/BIG10) --
> Sirius has cherry-picked a few individual college teams.
>
> But XM has much better music. No need to wait though -- you can go
> spend $129 at Walmart and get a Roady2 and have XM now. One warning
> -- there is no going back.

But I'd want the NFL over MLB any day. There's no receiver that gets both is
there? Yes it would be 23 a month I know. MAYBE one will buy out the other
one day and we can all be happy. Sort of like picking between ice cream
flavors.