Please Help me Im a girl!

Old November 25th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Please Help me Im a girl!

Can someone please help me im a single woman with noone to ask about
this throttle position senser for my jeep. I got the part, now is it
something I can fix? Where does it go?

Old November 25th 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Umm, we were told our throttle position sensor was dead about 8 years
ago. I cleaned the connection on it and, well, it's still working
great.

I recommend a spray contact cleaner on all the plugs and sockets on any
sensor on the Jeeps. There are two on the throttle body including the
TPS. You can get this cleaner at electronic stores. WD40 will do for a
cleaner in a pinch.

The TPS or throttle position sensor is on the side of the throttle
body. It isn't hard to replace or clean. You have to undo a clamp and
remove the plastic tube to get to it. You can clean it's connections
without having to remove the tube.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
(More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page

Old November 25th 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

What kind of Jeep, and what engine?

4 Liter engine TPS location #5
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...odySensors.jpg

ups.com...

Old November 25th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
merrill

Mike is right. WD40 will work when nothing else is available. It will
displace moisture and help the contact of the connection.

Don't use TV tuner contact cleaner. It will work for a while but cause
more problems later.

The best contact cleaner I have fount was at the local Home Hardware
store. It is the stuff the motorized wheelchair people use. I have used
it exclusively.

You should have no problem finding something similar at your local
hardware store or auto parts supply place.Open the connection and soak
the contact surfaces. When you plug it back together, it should be good
for a long time. If you don't feel comfortable with this, then just
soak the connector the best you can and it should help.

Merrill

Old November 25th 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Dave Milne

I find WD40 dries sticky which then attracts dirt, just to voice a different
opinion !

Dave Milne, Scotland

ups.com...

Old November 25th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_8_]

Attracts dirt, but keeps the moisture out.

Earle

k...

Old November 25th 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Dave Milne

Yes.

Dave Milne, Scotland

.. .