Saturn Vue

Old April 23rd 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default Saturn Vue

Do these come in a Four Wheel Drive model? or just AWD? Any year to stay
away from??

Old April 24th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 21:15:36 GMT, "Haggar"
> wrote:

><<snip>> Any year to stay
>away from??

Check Consumer Reports for this advice. Rather than rely on customer
loyality biasing people's option.

Good luck,

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info
Old April 24th 06, 01:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

To add to what blah blah sez -

IN '05 model yr, they did away with the CVT on 4cyl VUEs, stay away from CVT
trannies if you can. Manual 4cyls of all yrs are ok. V6 used a smaller
caddilac catera engine until 2004, now they use a honda pilot variation only
made for Saturn, much more powerful. All V6 models have traction control and
ABS standard, optional on 4cyl. AWD is completely unnecessary in most
climates, unless you drive in deep snow. AWD loses up to 5mpg because of the
extra weight too.

marx404

Old April 24th 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 02:30:27 GMT, blah blah > wrote:

>Just AWD, 4WD is only for offroad use and usually isnt found on anything
>other than a truck anymore.

They are basically the same. Inorder to use the AWD term, there has to
be a differentail between front and rear axle to eliminate driveline
bid on hard surfaces. Power is still deliverd to all wheels with AWD
(usually 50/50 split) and some AWD's even have a lockout that enable
you to lock center differentail in Tcase. Some AWD do lack lo range
though to limits some offroad uses but AWD will statisfy about 90% of
offroad needs for all but the most hard core usage. Over the years
(Jeep for one) has offered AWD with a lockout and lorange so it is a
AWD and conventional 4WD or just 2WD too. THe draw back with any
fulltime AWD system though is skid control because once you get into a
skid in 4WD, it is very hard to get out of it. With AWD it is a little
easer because it can allow for diferent axle speed during skids.
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old April 25th 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

If I can add to that: The VUE AWD primarily runs in F(ront)WD then transfers
power to all 4 wheels as needed, power is not delivered to all 4 wheels all
the time with the AWD VUE, ergo, its not fulltime AWD. The VUE can handle
some offroad such as unpaved roads or trails, but not rough terrain like a
Jeep can.

marx404

Old April 25th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:48:53 -0400, "marx404" > wrote:

>If I can add to that: The VUE AWD primarily runs in F(ront)WD then transfers
>power to all 4 wheels as needed, power is not delivered to all 4 wheels all
>the time with the AWD VUE, ergo, its not fulltime AWD. The VUE can handle
>some offroad such as unpaved roads or trails, but not rough terrain like a
>Jeep can.
>
>marx404

Good point, it is not really a AWD vehicle then per say but more of a
AWD on demand controled by vehicle ECM likely monitoring ABS speed
sensors to check for slippage..
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old April 25th 06, 01:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

yep, Saturns ain't fer muddin' less'un you like ter see yer differential pin
from the outside-in.

marx404

Old May 16th 06, 01:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 20:07:47 -0400, Tom The Great took a five-minute break
from flipping burgers to boot the etch-a-sketch and scribble out:

> On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 21:15:36 GMT, "Haggar"
> > wrote:
>
>><<snip>> Any year to stay
>>away from??
>>

> Check Consumer Reports for this advice. Rather than rely on customer
> loyality biasing people's option.

Heh, that's a good one! I've yet to have seen an unbiased opiniion in CU!
That magazine is about as biased as they get!

Read Edmunds and other online sources for a much better grip of what a
car or truck is like.

Oh, my wife's 05 is doing quite well. The car is FWD with the Honda 3.5
engine. (Yes, it apparenly has a belt, though I don't know if it is an
interference engine.)

--
kai -

Wo ist der Ort für den ehrlichsten Kuss
Ich weiss, dass ich ihn für uns finden muss
Auf 'ner Strasse im Regen, auf 'nem Berg nah beim Mond
Oder kann man ihn nur vom Totenbett holen