94 taurus starting problems

Old May 6th 05, 03:31 AM
mango masher

Default 94 taurus starting problems

I'm wondering if anyone can give me a clue on what maybe wrong with my car.

94 ford taurus
6 cyl.
auto/air....
132000 miles.

Car has been a great daily driver, and I have only had the water pump,
steering rack and oil pan gasket replaced.

On two occasions in the past 10 days, the car refused to start. Ample
cranking but it just would'nt turn over. It was like it was out of gas,
but it wasn't. Waited a few minutes and bang...it starts up. WHen i
drive it on the highway there is no speed cut out or missing. It runs
great....and gets 25 miles mpg.

I'm trying to avoid a problem where I'm can't get it started....

Any ideas???

Many thanks.

Mango.

Old June 9th 05, 01:32 PM
Jasper Janssen

On Thu, 05 May 2005 21:31:54 -0500, mango masher >
wrote:

>On two occasions in the past 10 days, the car refused to start. Ample
>cranking but it just would'nt turn over. It was like it was out of gas,
>but it wasn't. Waited a few minutes and bang...it starts up. WHen i
>drive it on the highway there is no speed cut out or missing. It runs
>great....and gets 25 miles mpg.
>
>I'm trying to avoid a problem where I'm can't get it started....

Do you have one of those keys with a little bit of electronics in it, that
hooks up to the start-interruptor to disengage it? On many cars, that bit
of anti-theft is hooked to the fuel pump, and if it doesn't engage you can
crank all you want, but you'll never start.

Jasper